Lets Work To Improve the LDM Forum

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
Let's Work To Improve the LDM Forum

Why do people post on a forum? Possible reasons:
1. They want to help others by contributing to a knowledge base.
2. They are hoping to stimulate an information exchange on a topic they are interested.
3. They want to make new friends with others that share their interests.
4. They are advertising their knowledge or services.
5. They are building relationships that might result in personal friendships.
6. They are trying to build a reputation as an expert.
7. They would like to show off what they have found or done.
8. They enjoy arguing over topics to show how smart they are.
9. They enjoy attacking the ideas, knowledge, and reputations of others.
10.They like to confuse or misdirect others.
11.They are keeping track of their enemies.
12.They are selecting vulnerable people who they plan to harm or take advantage.
13.They want to gossip about others that participate in the forum.
14.They just have something to say, even if they don't know what they are talking about.
15. Or a host of other reasons.........

Which kind are you? Can we improve the quality of the postings on this forum? When we post a photo of a place, why not also include the GPS or map coordinates? Why do you want to show a photo without disclosing it's location? If you make a statement of fact, why not give your source of the reference? If you are just offering an opinion, why not state that it is an opinion?

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that I`m a strong # 2 with a close #7/14. Since I`m a newbe to all of this and know very little about the history of the ledgends or the lay of the land, this forum and the input from others on it has helped me in leaps and bounds. I find it all quite fascinating. The lure of hidden treasure has caught my attention, and like Columbo, I want to find the truth. So far I would say that my experience with Treasurenet has been very positive. Chuck p.s. I would like to see less mind wars between the members here because it degrades the integrity of the site.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I have been away. I have made many friends on the LDM forum. I also have learned a lot. There is a friendly competition that sometimes get out of hand. But disagreements are gonna happen. I hope the Lost Mine stays lost, wouldn't want to loose the information coming from it.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I"M finished with Treasurenet , had my fill, instead I will conentrate on what I Think may be the comeing financial collaspe, and if it takes place will be at least somewhat prepared. I dont think there is any fix for this country,the losses have gone to far,to long,and we are already over the cliff, just waiting to hit the bott When politicians like Kristie start telling the currant power holders to level with the American People on the dbt issue and whats comeing yall know the S..T gonna hit sooner than latter..Our Constition, whats that ?, dont know its changed along with our Bank Accounts that are no longer citizens property...end.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I"M finished with Treasurenet , had my fill, instead I will conentrate on what I Think may be the comeing financial collaspe, and if it takes place will be at least somewhat prepared. I dont think there is any fix for this country,the losses have gone to far,to long,and we are already over the cliff, just waiting to hit the bott When politicians like Kristie start telling the currant power holders to level with the American People on the dbt issue and whats comeing yall know the S..T gonna hit sooner than latter..Our Constition, whats that ?, dont know its changed along with our Bank Accounts that are no longer citizens property...end.

I didn't think I'd find much to agree with you on anything motel6.5 - in this case though, I'm afraid I'm of the same mind. The possible exception is that I still hold out some hope that we haven't gone over that cliff yet, but with each passing day I feel more and more firm ground breaking out from under us, and I don't yet see that there's a branch or rock within grasping distance to keep from sliding over the edge.

The biggest worry I have globally right now is what will happen when Israel attacks Iran's nuclear facilities - and it's not a matter of if, but when. It could quite literally set off a fuse that destroys us all.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubber?? "Remember "I have just begun to fight" . Also 'Revelations', which disgustingly, are coming true. So forget it all and come to Tayopa country with me, los Oros etc. enjoy life again., it really IS worth iiving.

Incidentally to see what Tayopa country actually looks like, go to your favorite 'movie on line site' and watch, "The Garden of Evil" with Gary Cooper, and "The Desperados" with Gregory peck. Both were filmed in 'MY' Tayopa country.

Igad: As in any subject, 'ALL' of your statements apply in differing ratios, according to the subject for each person. One of the reasons I used "Till Eulenspiegle" as my id for a while.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubber?? "Remember "I have just begun to fight" . Also 'Revelations', which disgustingly, are coming true. So forget it all and come to Tayopa country with me, los Oros etc. enjoy life again., it really IS worth iiving.

Incidentally to see what Tayopa country actually looks like, go to your favorite 'movie on line site' and watch, "The Garden of Evil" with Gary Cooper, and "The Desperados" with Gregory peck. Both were filmed in 'MY' Tayopa country.

Igad: As in any subject, 'ALL' of your statements apply in differing ratios, according to the subject for each person. One of the reasons I used "Till Eulenspiegle" as my id for a while.

Don Jose de La Mancha

RDT - I don't know where we'll eventually end up, but it ain't gonna be the Eastern USA - us conservatives are WAY outnumbered out here! If I spoke spanish, I'd come visit you but I'm at a distinct disadvantage in that I can't speak your area's native tongue. Plus you got some crazy stuff going on down there as it is!!

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ligadboise, if information is given it might help you if you have trust in the writer.why would someone give you locations?they might in the right spot and are solving the puzzle. When I post something you can think what you want about me but remember my information is given free.hopefully someone may find a treasure. There are plenty of treasures if you can put faith.others won't help maybe because they feel they worked hard to find clues and like many, will let you solve it yourself so you can get the wonderful feeling of accomplishment.good luck

Some Dude

May 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
GMT, GTI-2500 & Falcon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

Lgadbois certainly has a point and the entire forum would benefit if we simply thought about WHY we are posting something when we write it.

Unfortunately, there are some people that fall into the category of “I just enjoy p*ssing other people off” and that’s no good for anyone. Not naming names, because the guilty parties know who they are. What surprises me is that whenever those kinds of remarks get posted, someone ALWAYS takes the bait. Which brings me to my point; Realistically the BEST thing we can do to improve this forum is when some ignoramous posts a provocative or insulting comment is for everybody (and I do mean everybody) to IGNORE them.

Best,
Some Dude

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatcha got in mind Sam? Gonna play it again ? "You must remembe this, a treasure story is the best, whether it fits or not, is of no concern, just follow it in your dreams and let time go by. But when someday it is found, and you find your heart is pounding, that is no time for regrets, just cherish it in your memories, and let time go by. .

Viva La Dutchman perdido

Don Jose de La Mnacha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread