What's new

lifetime warrenty?

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, if all the rumors are correct, you can kiss your lifetime hand tool warranty on Craftman tools goodby. They might follow Twinky next year. Frank
 

Attachments

  • skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-3.webp
    skull etc 013-1-platinum_edited-3.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 106
Always get a kick out of such warranties,my life or business,s life? Do like craftsman though. Another titan stumbles.
 
Revelent, actually, I think it's the tools life. When it breaks, it's over. lol Frank
 

Attachments

  • golded bird.webp
    golded bird.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 92
You do know that Craftsman tools are made by S&K, don't you :dontknow:
 
You do know that Craftsman tools are made by S&K, don't you :dontknow:

S&k wrapping it up i thought. Or is that why you mention it? Did wear out a craftsman half inch ratchet sears replaced , the guy tossed mine in a pretty good sized container with others exchanged.
 
S&K make all the tools for Sears, and Sears uses the name Craftsman :tongue3:

Buy any Sears electronics, you are buying Panasonic

Their tires are my by Michelin

Their shirts are made by Arrow.

Should I continue :dontknow: :laughing7:
 
good riddins they never honored a warrenty yet for me,,, aleast snap-on take the time to relpace a tool of same or beeter qaultiy
 
At my age, a lifetime warranty means nothing. I'd be much happier with a 2-year warranty at a cheaper price. :)
 
I agree with Packerbacker . When I'm gone my tools will be sold for pennies on the dollar at an estate auction because I've not been able to instill a love of fine tools in any of my progeny . Not faulting them . They just didn't get the bug .
 
I agree with Packerbacker . When I'm gone my tools will be sold for pennies on the dollar at an estate auction because I've not been able to instill a love of fine tools in any of my progeny . Not faulting them . They just didn't get the bug .

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I have been in the building industry my whole life and have always bought top of the line. Still have power tools I bought in the 80's and they still work like new (used all the time also).
My boys are learning though. Now that they are buying their own, they realize that the cheap stuff does'nt last like dad's stuff does.

My oldest bought a asian Craftsman set last summer. The castings are terrible and the ratchets have parting lines that will give you blisters after a short time wrenching. No more new craftsman for me.
 
good riddins they never honored a warrenty yet for me,,, aleast snap-on take the time to relpace a tool of same or beeter qaultiy

I never had a problem . I took a few dug wrenches to sears, they chuck them in a big box & wrap up a new one for me :laughing7:

Are you talking electrical maybe ? or new confused employee ?
 
hand tools wrenches sockets screw divers etc.......
I never had a problem . I took a few dug wrenches to sears, they chuck them in a big box & wrap up a new one for me :laughing7:

Are you talking electrical maybe ? or new confused employee ?
 
Ridgid has a lifetime on their battery's (Power tools) If you follow the directions.
 
If you read the fine print, you void the warrantyGracie and friend.webp by turning it on. lol Frank
 
Yep, I too am greatful for Sears!
I go through their life-time warrenty pole-cutters, pretty dang quick!
They are no match for the Florida palm fronds! :laughing7:

Home Depot is losing out with them life-time warrenty pruners, too! :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom