Mysterious Tin Coin - part of Templar legacy?

vastik

Sep 29, 2009

Attachments

• Tomsmasonilluminatocoin1.jpg
    Tomsmasonilluminatocoin1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,741
  • Tomsmasonilluminatocoin2.jpg
    Tomsmasonilluminatocoin2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,750

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
johnnyi said:
Helpful and interesting SS, but I have changed my mind on the wine theory as I mentioned earlier. Your link does though mention Monstrance. If you scan the word and search images you find a variety of inserts, one of which we may be what we're looking at here :dontknow:.

Johhnyi,

How do I scan the word to search for the images? :help:

Thanks!
Vickie

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vastik said:
johnnyi said:
Helpful and interesting SS, but I have changed my mind on the wine theory as I mentioned earlier. Your link does though mention Monstrance. If you scan the word and search images you find a variety of inserts, one of which we may be what we're looking at here :dontknow:.

Johhnyi,

How do I scan the word to search for the images? :help:

Thanks!
Vickie
Just Google the word Vickie :thumbsup:

SS

Attachments

• ihs.jpg
    ihs.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 389
  • imagesCAZONY95.jpg
    imagesCAZONY95.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
johnnyi said:
Having learned from Germany last week that what first appeared to me to be "I I I S" is actually a well known (over there) monogram "I H S" which is Latin for "Jesus savior of men" (somethig Jim immediately pointed out early on, and which I'd missed) , I retract any guess that this is associated with wine bottle or other bottle that is not directly associated with a church memento.
I thought IHS was a given since MJ mentioned it back on reply #3, like you said. :D I dont know why Jesuit Christians could not be associated with wine making.

All I can say vastik, is that it appears to be machine stamped sometime during the Industrial Revolution or after... and therefore cannot be Medieval Germany. I am waiting for a side view picture. Tests reveal a 20th century metal alloy. Ill PM someone and try to get some more help because I dont know enough about the symbolism..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Jesus

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
For those interested, google "all seeing eye" and "Jesuits" for some reading.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The word "mission" does not necessarily have to be a place. It could also mean: a. A special assignment given to a person or group: an agent on a secret mission.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mission

So to sum it up so far, what we may have is a one-sided 20th century Jesuit or Illuminati "all seeing eye" tag or medallion with the German words "in memory of the holy mission", that was at one time glued to something.

The Illuminati was a secret society in Bavaria in the late 18th century. They had a political agenda that included republicanism and abolition of monarchies, which they tried to institute by means of subterfuge, secrecy, and conspiracy, including the infiltration of other organizations. They fancied themselves to be "enlightened" but they had little success and were destroyed within fifteen years of their origin (Pipes 1997).

Attachments

• Tomsmasonilluminatocoin1.jpg
    Tomsmasonilluminatocoin1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I admit not knowing much about it but this link makes a connection between the Illuminati, the Jesuits and Germany. http://meetilluminatimembers.com/illuminati.html

Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name that refers to several groups, both historical and modern, and both real and fictitious. Historically, it refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. In modern times it is also used to refer to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy "power behind the throne", allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. In this context, Illuminati is often used in reference to a New World Order (NWO). Many conspiracy theorists believe the Illuminati are the masterminds behind events that will lead to the establishment of such a New World Order. Confusing the issue further is the fact that there are also several modern fraternal groups which include the word "Illuminati" in their names.

The Order of Illuminati was a group formed from within the Freemasons in 1776 by a Jesuit taught man by the name of Adam Weishaupt. It's goal was also the creation of a new world order but the group was suppressed by the Bavarian government for allegedly plotting to overthrow all of the kings in Europe including the Pope! The Order was carried on by Geoseppe Messini of Italy and Albert Pike of South Carolina who was a 33rd degree Mason. This group would spur on others such as the Bildeberg Group, Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, Club of Rome, the U.N and many more.

I am leaning toward one of my original theories of a mid to early 20th century book medallion. But I dont know why it would need to be scored on the backside. :-\

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just something else to think about and to add to the book medallion idea. Although IHS, cross and 3 spikes is definitely the Jesuit Seal, it is also the logo of IHS Press, a Catholic publishing house based in Virginia. Scroll down to Black Sun. http://wikicompany.org/wiki/911:Occult_symbolism_II#Black_Sun

Attachments

• IHS Press.jpg
    IHS Press.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:

I am leaning toward one of my original theories of a mid 20th century book medallion. But I dont know why it would need to be scored on the backside. :-\

IMHO;
the back of this, scored so crudely; someone liked the look of it where it was, before it fell off.

I can imagine - there was an attempt to re-attach it, with the original back, possibly. Then it fell off again, then the crude cross hatching is either a seriously, devious treasure map, or an amateurish attempt to make the B-----y Glue stick, this time :cussing:

As I say, in my humble opinion.

Cheers, Mike

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
trikikiwi said:
bigcypresshunter said:

I am leaning toward one of my original theories of a mid 20th century book medallion. But I dont know why it would need to be scored on the backside. :-\

IMHO;
the back of this, scored so crudely; someone liked the look of it where it was, before it fell off.

I can imagine - there was an attempt to re-attach it, with the original back, possibly. Then it fell off again, then the crude cross hatching is either a seriously, devious treasure map, or an amateurish attempt to make the B-----y Glue stick, this time :cussing:

As I say, in my humble opinion.

Cheers, Mike
I just meant that if it was a book, (porous) it should stick, or stay stuck. It must have been glued to something non-porous like ceramic or glass to feel the need to score it. In other words, I dont see the need to score the backside to stick to a book, unless the glue was poor or wrong type. But maybe Im guessing too much here with the scoring.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Rando said:
Three pages?

really?

::)
It is not Medievel, but it still needs identified, unless you know what it is. Most of us lost interest with the wild speculation video.

Upvote 0

Happy Wanderer

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2005
I've been a member here a long time and come here to read from time to time.
Don't post often, but this thread I found very intersting.....
I don't know anything about coins or tokens or madallions, not versed on German
culture or religious matters, I just like a good mystery!

Did some quick googling.....
From an auction, here is a glass item trimed in brass commerating a holy/scared mission,
from the 1920s the item description says.
Has same inscription as this "Mysterious Tin Coin"
"Zum Andenken an die Heilige Mission: except Heilige is abbreviated with hl.
Also has "Durch das Kreuz den Lohn" on it. Ran that through google translate
....came back in English as "Through the cross of the wage"....!?
The auction description (which google also translated the page) gives
the translation of the inscription as
"In memory of the Sacred Mission - Through the cross of the reward"
size given "Approx. 12.5 x10cm.", roughly 4x5 inches, quite larger than
the mystery coin.
If anyone knows enough German and could possibly contact this seller
to see if they knew more about the item...??

AUCTION in German
www.hood.de/auction/34875999/altes-glasbild-aus-20er-jahre.htm

AUCTION Translated to English
http://translate.google.com/transla...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=7vP

Also, something from a German church speaks of 'people's mission' and of commerating that mission.....
CHURCH in German
www.khg-wuerzburg.de/.../alle-bistumsnachrichten.html?f

CHURCH Translated to English
http://translate.google.com/transla...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Hoping this might be a little "illuminating" for those who have time for more researching.

Happy Hunting,
from Happy Wanderer

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just wanted to add the plate image to your excellent post Happy. Clues seem to point to early 20th century.

Attachments

• Mission plate 1920.jpg
    Mission plate 1920.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
Indeed! There is some good research going on here folks :hello2:
I wonder what the "mission" was?

Vickie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
Silver Searcher said:
vastik said:
Indeed! There is some good research going on here folks :hello2:
I wonder what the "mission" was?

Vickie
Here's a bit more, early German Gold Ducat :)

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2769

SS

:hello:

Thanks SS, that is some great research on your part. I looked through David Icke's website but could not find anything. Glad you found it!
Based on the fact that only "certain" Jesuit coins/medallions featured the all seeing eye, I'm thinking it was a "higher order" -- perhaps my theory of the Illuminati is correct. It's what I've been telling the owner of the coin all along.
I'm going to search some more as I have a strong interest in secret societies and the Illuminati in particular.

Thanks for your help! :icon_thumleft:
Vickie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
SWR said:
vastik said:
Based on the fact that only "certain" Jesuit coins/medallions featured the all seeing eye, I'm thinking it was a "higher order" -- perhaps my theory of the Illuminati is correct.

Where did we obtain any "facts" that certain Jesuit coins/medallions featured the all seeing eye? You seem to be spinning speculation into facts :icon_scratch:

Check the earlier posts for some clues. Perhaps "fact" was the wrong word to use. ::)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread