Mysterious Tin Coin - part of Templar legacy?

vastik

Sep 29, 2009

Attachments

• Tomsmasonilluminatocoin1.jpg
    Tomsmasonilluminatocoin1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,741
  • Tomsmasonilluminatocoin2.jpg
    Tomsmasonilluminatocoin2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,750

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
May 9, 2009
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3
vastik said:
Hi Crusader,

I didn't know that I could post them here. These are Microsoft Word documents. I thought all I could post was photos on here.
Do you know how I go about posting these documents on here? :help:
some computers you can go to start, all programs, accessories, then to snipping tool. if that doesn't work try right clicking the text, copying, and then paste it on your post

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
Thanks Traderoftreasures. The word documents also include embedded photos and graphs, but I will try what you said and see if it works. I know there has to be a way.

Crusader....LOL!!! I think it would be hilarious to have this turn into a cult following :laughing7:
I didn't think about it like that before, but it could be fun.

Anyway, I'm just curious as to what it is and are there any more out there like it.
It still has me stummped :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"and I'm not supprised to find out there was no adhesive on the back I never thought there was"

Silver searcher, if you believe the gray mounds clinging to the inside of the botton two scored lines are "patina" then I've got a really nice bridge to sell you" ;D

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
"and I'm not supprised to find out there was no adhesive on the back I never thought there was"

Silver searcher, if you believe the gray mounds clinging to the inside of the botton two scored lines are "patina" then I've got a really nice bridge to sell you" ;D
Johnnyi... are you doubting the poster :icon_scratch:

I have a new aviater for you :thumbsup: :D :D

SS

Attachments

• Brains1.jpg
    Brains1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 1,239
Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Silver Searcher said:
johnnyi said:

Johnnyi... are you doubting the poster :icon_scratch:

I have a new aviater for you :thumbsup: :D :D

SS
:D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
johnnyi,

How are you so sure? You have not seen the coin except in a picture. I have seen it in person, and I am telling you, there is no glue residue anywhere!
Don't be so quick to judge something you don't know anything about. If you can offer some real information about it, that would be great. Otherwise, keep your insulting comments to yourself! :nono:

Upvote 0

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okay vaslik, if it isn't cement residue (I never said "glue") then how about blowing up that part in a scan. 'Patina" does not fill scored lines, and "patina" does not mound up.

By the way, I read your other write up; the one about 'mayube Nazis", "maybe Oak Island", etc. etc., and I enjoyed it very much. It took a great deal of time obviously to produce. Now the amount of energy it would take to blow up the areas I emetnuioned would be miniscule compared to that, and would perhaps even help to identify this curious object (which is neither a coin or a token) Thank you. :D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
I do not have a domain SWR. I tried to upload them here, but it tells me there is an error and that I cannot load that type of file.
I will upload them to facebook tomorrow and I'll post the link here then.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
Johnnyi,

There is nothing in the score lines. The metallurgy reports have magnified shots. I will try to upload and post the link tomorrow.
Another thing, you can download the photo on your hard drive and blow it up to have a closer look. I just want people to be open minded about this and not jump to conclusions and be presumptuous. We are all curious about this piece. If you think I'm pulling some kind of stunt, then go away and don't bother with this post. >:(
I am here because I am curious. I am not interested in playing games, nor do I have the time in my life for doing such things. As for "my" other posts and descriptions, if you are talking about the website, that is not put up by me, it was put up by the actual owner of the coin.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can you post a pic of a side view please, showing the thickness or lack of. Put something in the pic for size reference please.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
Sorry SWR, I guess that was a bad choice of words on my part. I do not actually control the content on that website. I do however, control the content of the facebook group "Mystery Coin" so I will post the reports on there. I will also suggest it to the site owner to try and upload the reports to mysterycoin.com

Also, I have suggested to the owner to take a side view of the coin. He said he will try his best and then I can post them here.

By the way, does anyone think that it may be related to the Illuminati? I know that the all-seeing eye was used by them, but it was also used by the Rosicrucians. Confusing.... :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vastik said:
Johnnyi,

There is nothing in the score lines. The metallurgy reports have magnified shots. I will try to upload and post the link tomorrow.
Another thing, you can download the photo on your hard drive and blow it up to have a closer look. I just want people to be open minded about this and not jump to conclusions and be presumptuous. We are all curious about this piece. If you think I'm pulling some kind of stunt, then go away and don't bother with this post. >:(
I am here because I am curious. I am not interested in playing games, nor do I have the time in my life for doing such things. As for "my" other posts and descriptions, if you are talking about the website, that is not put up by me, it was put up by the actual owner of the coin.
I think I mentioned something like this in the acient coin thread...about not to judge things from pictures ::) it just gets you into trouble :read2: vastik is the item defenetly Tin :dontknow:

SS

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
SilverSearcher,

Yes, to the best of my knowledge. I have asked the owner if it may perhaps be pewter, and he said no. He said the metallurgist at the University of Toronto told him it was definitely tin. Neither one of us is an expert on metals, so I guess we can only rely on the reports. I do not know how to read the symbols on the reports and so when I post them on Facebook I really hope someone can read them and explain them to the group.
Thank you for your open-minded, educated questions and opinions.

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vastik said:
SilverSearcher,

Yes, to the best of my knowledge. I have asked the owner if it may perhaps be pewter, and he said no. He said the metallurgist at the University of Toronto told him it was definitely tin. Neither one of us is an expert on metals, so I guess we can only rely on the reports. I do not know how to read the symbols on the reports and so when I post them on Facebook I really hope someone can read them and explain them to the group.
It might take time to ID...but we will get there in the end :thumbsup:

There are a lot of helpfull people on here(Johnnyi included) that will strive to find out what your coin/token will be :icon_thumleft: please keep us posted with updates :icon_thumright:

SS

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
Thank you SS, and everyone else....yes, even Johnnyi skeptic :evil6:...LOL!!!
This is quite the mystery to solve since we have not yet located anything else like it anywhere. Keep looking folks....there is bound to be an answer out there somewhere! The owner is sending out press releases about it this week to some coin-related magazines. A friend of his who is a television news writer thinks the coin/token/medal may have some interesting significance.

Mysteries rock :headbang:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
Perhaps that's a good idea SWR. I will suggest it to him. Thanks for coming up with that idea!

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
vastik said:
SilverSearcher,

Like Mack said, Pewter can be 99% Tin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pewter
It looks machine stamped but I need to see the side view.

Attachments

• Pewterplate.jpg
    Pewterplate.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,224
Upvote 0
OP
OP
V

vastik

Sep 29, 2009
bigcypresshunter said:
vastik said:
SilverSearcher,

Like Mack said, Pewter can be 99% Tin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pewter
It looks machine stamped but I need to see the side view.

Yes, I will try to obtain some side-view photos. I have seen the side of it and it's thin, no inscriptions.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
vastik said:
Yes, I will try to obtain some side-view photos. I have seen the side of it and it's thin, no inscriptions.
I thought it appeared thin but didnt want to say yet but since you mentioned it. Like someone said, the image is showing on the back side.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread