Oak Island...Theories Explained!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mercury was used in barometers on ships as well. We still describe atmospheric pressure in terms of "inches of mercury" or "Inches Hg". Need a tube that will hold at least 32" of it it for standard readings (30" is about "normal"). That's quite a bit of mercury by modern standards. They used it in the thermometers, too.

preview_f6856.jpg

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So yet again robot posts ridiculous fiction...albeit each time he does the story changes...
In a few posts, both Robot and n2mini have provided examples on how "facts" are grown from embellished repetition of random information.
Robot mentions that pure mercury was found on Oak Island based on a few flask shards with mercury residue.
Then these few flask shards become a thousand that were involved with gold, and n2mini adds that a crucible used for melting made be broken into pieces in the dump where the flask shards were found, adding the 300-400 years ago dating to cover several theories, even though Robot mentioned that carbon dating could not be used to date the shards or mercury.
All of this spun from what was a common garbage dump on Oak Island.
Then again, the whole money pit story began with a depression in the ground that became a hole getting deeper and deeper with the telling.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That's just it, there are very few facts either way. which means it could go either way..
and there is no way to have a decent convo about it anymore on here...
Especially when "fact" are grown from random information in support of one's pet theory. :wink:
'Nuff Said!

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this interesting when looking at reports about the Mercury

https://blockhouse124.rssing.com/chan-63940472/all_p2.html

This article is from 2016 and it mentions the stone paved road being known about then. Which seems to suggest it was found years ago but just mentioned this season as they had run out of other things to talk about.

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This article is from 2016 and it mentions the stone paved road being known about then. Which seems to suggest it was found years ago but just mentioned this season as they had run out of other things to talk about.

Fred Nolan sold a souvenir map with the road labeled on it.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you think the same folks who made this "stone triangle" were using sophisticated astronomy and massive excavations to devise plots to hide fabulous treasure; then you may need a software upgrade, or at least a recharge, Mr. Robot. ;-)

View attachment 1905286

So you would need to follow it somewhere like a map.....but amazingly that would be too hard to follow around in such a huge area like Nover Scosher

11 Leagues to Shut In.jpg

After seeing the winking Eagle....you might take flight to another land, or you might go back to the Island and wander around, finding the Cross.....and then onto the next locations

Discovering the Boo Face in the Swamp

That Spot Again Side By Side.jpg

X Marks the Spot where it is found.....a point of reference and a linear map to the peaks

That Spot Again Sextant.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please explain that image you keep showing with the bit of a rock outcropping copied and pasted off to one side in the air. That make NO SENSE to anyone else here and you have never explained why you keep flagging it at us like it has any signifigance.

Inquiring minds want to know.

The "Boo Face" is just pareidolia and you share that with folks who see the face of Jesus or Che Guevara burnt in toast.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please explain that image you keep showing with the bit of a rock outcropping copied and pasted off to one side in the air. That make NO SENSE to anyone else here and you have never explained why you keep flagging it at us like it has any signifigance.

Inquiring minds want to know.

The "Boo Face" is just pareidolia and you share that with folks who see the face of Jesus or Che Guevara burnt in toast.

Only you get to see that kind of Taost with no butta....dry and crunchy

Here's how logic works.....

Find a Sextant, plot the course following a line drawn

Find two rocks with holes in a straight line and a dome in the water....chart course along that angle to a dome on an island.....

How hard can that be Charlie.......? As hard as a rock?

A stone that says H+O with a faint P and an Arrow.....will they HOP that way.....? Nope....that's too visionary for your kind of science to know what HOPE is....

Get the Picture yet?

Significance?

See the star over it's head.......? What shape does it make Charles? Do tell.....but only tell one half of the story.....so as to continue wandering aimlessly

Great Seal Deciphered.jpg

And Metanoia would be the opposite of? or void of any and all visual interpretive ability ? The definition of "science" of which you state has to do with being "toast"

You heard of the word "Art" before.....lol

You want more Charlie....OK...here's something YOU can go see along the Bouquet River in NY...a rock face looking at the Menorah (I believe we talked about this already)

ARTE MENORAM.....from the plaque on Shakespeare's tomb....describing the small Menorah on the side of the head of the eagle....and the art found carved in stone in many ways along the trails.....

NY state Cross.jpg

Oh look more ARTE.....

Red Rocks Abenaki Chief Star Hex.jpg

Is it a chocolate tootsie roll.....?

What's this one look like Charlie?

0602161553.jpg

How bout this one.....In the center of Church St.....a big cross pointing at the Masonic Temple

0913151028.jpg

Oh look honey.....the tourists from Upstate NY are here....lets show them the way to their "Hidden Treasure"

0913151027b.jpg

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh huh. Clear as Silly Putty. :icon_scratch:

As the Business Manager of a wastewater treatment plant, I wouldn't expect you to be interested in this sort of movement.....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the Business Manager of a wastewater treatment plant, I wouldn't expect you to be interested in this sort of movement.....

For one who posts fiction and then tries to convince folks it’s authentic with photo shopped images to resort to attacking someone’s choice of employment because they ask questions about your fantastical claims even further erodes your credibility.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a few posts, both Robot and n2mini have provided examples on how "facts" are grown from embellished repetition of random information.
Robot mentions that pure mercury was found on Oak Island based on a few flask shards with mercury residue.
Then these few flask shards become a thousand that were involved with gold, and n2mini adds that a crucible used for melting made be broken into pieces in the dump where the flask shards were found, adding the 300-400 years ago dating to cover several theories, even though Robot mentioned that carbon dating could not be used to date the shards or mercury.
All of this spun from what was a common garbage dump on Oak Island.
Then again, the whole money pit story began with a depression in the ground that became a hole getting deeper and deeper with the telling.

I'm not saying anything is true about the dump or the mercury or the treasure. I didn't say it WAS 300-400 years old only that maybe it was. I don't know.. but no one does!!! I was just trying to have an open conversation about it. Which can't happen on here any more. The nay sayers have taken over, which I still find amazing as to why ya'll bother to spend time in here...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rock road in the swamp is no different then them redigging around the "U" shaped wood in smiths cove that Dan and others found years ago. They wanted to see what else is around it, that would help answer the "why" build it question..Also maybe be able to put a date to it...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not saying anything is true about the dump or the mercury or the treasure. I didn't say it WAS 300-400 years old only that maybe it was. I don't know.. but no one does!!! I was just trying to have an open conversation about it. Which can't happen on here any more. The nay sayers have taken over, which I still find amazing as to why ya'll bother to spend time in here...

Talking about all of the common items associated with typical human habitation found on hoax island is good to go. It’s when someone attempts to tie the common items to the fictional treasure story that things go sideways.

As for mercury, it was a cool toy we played with at lunchtime on the classroom floor in the early 60’s...

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the "naysayers" are too busy patting each other on the back to consider anything outside of their small world

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the "naysayers" are too busy patting each other on the back to consider anything outside of their small world

Please provide actual facts disproving our stance that that a mysterious treasure or templar treasure or body of bacon or works of shakespeare or alien landing site or whatever story the uast here comes up with every week never existed on hoax island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread