Post the most random things you have found while out in the middle of the woods 🌲 🌲 🌲

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then we found a SPY
20190415_174006.jpg

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably this
Wow tamrock, that’s pretty cool. It definitely would have made me jump the first time I came across that.
I rode my bike to a private, rural pond to go fishing. I was 15. Got back into the timber and saw 3 authentic looking tepees, Native looking guys, several riding bareback. I thought Id hit a time tunnel! I got out of there quickly. Found later they were part of a reenactment group that did rendezvous.
Hahaha that’s great! At that young of an age, I too would have been looking around for doc brown and the DeLorean.
Whaaat? Well I think this takes the cake so far. That’s not in Arizona right?

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several but I will post this one.
I was deer hunting a very remote part of the Davy Crockett national forest along a Iarge creek. On the opposite side was an area almost impossible at access but this particular fall was very dry and I was able to cross the creek.
I was pushing through a cane thicket when suddenly I saw an opening about 100ft x 100ft. It had been cleared for years and clearly maintained . Remnants of several fires; both old and recent, surrounded a stage built of 1/2 inch plywood on 4x4 beams with cinder blocks underneath. There was a backdrop wall on the back side framed with 2x4s and a black fabric stapled on it.
The center of the platform was covered in blood stains. A narrow trail lead to the creek where there was a rope ladder hanging down a bluff bank.
This was a solid 2 miles from even a 4 wheeler passable trail. I can't imagine how they carried all that material in by hand. The purpose? Couldn't be good. I got out and never went back.

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trees don’t lift things up. Trees grow up from the tips of branches. The outboard is exactly where it was placed before the tree grew around it. Think of an old fence line that trees have grown around. You never see the old fence wires up in the air.
is this true? Not trying to be a dick or anything. I’m generally curious. I assumed like with the pics below that the tree grabbed them on its way up. Like someone leaned their bike against a tree and forgot about it. Are you saying these people brought a latter out there and “attached” the bike up high? Then let the tree grow around it. Or the ww2 helmets below? Someone would have had to climb all the way to the top and then pull the helmet down around the tree. I don’t see any branches below these objects.
Just for my own education, cuz I always thought trees grew up.
803C6AE1-D30B-44A5-AA87-6B1F12CA6045.jpeg
851EDE17-69A0-4E19-98C4-D87A17E1FCD6.jpeg

27836559-D133-428D-BCCB-509C8C7272B3.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pushing through a cane thicket when suddenly I saw an opening about 100ft x 100ft. It had been cleared for years and clearly maintained . Remnants of several fires; both old and recent, surrounded a stage built of 1/2 inch plywood on 4x4 beams with cinder blocks underneath. There was a backdrop wall on the back side framed with 2x4s and a black fabric stapled on it.
The center of the platform was covered in blood stains. A narrow trail lead to the creek where there was a rope ladder hanging down a bluff bank.
This was a solid 2 miles from even a 4 wheeler passable trail. I can't imagine how they carried all that material in by hand. The purpose? Couldn't be good. I got out and never went back.
Wow 😮 that’s pretty weird. Did you see any goat carcass or skeletons near by?🙏 👿🛐
Maybe someone was trying to start their own little Bohemian Grove. Although i doubt they would have had the same guest list. Not sure Ronald Regan and Richard Nixon would have been able to make the hike.LOL
C007992F-EE16-47F0-BBE9-2A89CFD2C2B5.jpeg

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow 😮 that’s pretty weird. Did you see any goat carcass or skeletons near by?🙏 👿🛐
Maybe someone was trying to start their own little Bohemian Grove. Although i doubt they would have had the same guest list. Not sure Ronald Regan and Richard Nixon would have been able to make the hike.LOL
View attachment 2101383
No skeletons. Old blood stains as well as pretty fresh blood. I wonder if it's still there.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If tree lifted things up, why is this fence not up in the air? The bikes you posted were probably placed on a crotch which then grew around the tree.
02BF2836-2737-422E-8561-F5D2B1000290.jpeg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only i had a camera with me back in my hard core detecting days.
Cool thread though... enjoying this... and I do have a story or 2.
I have nay a picture to add though of the many weird things seen over the years.
Especially on days like the day on an area of rocky edged jetty beach without a sole around and see 3 very beautiful fully naked 20 and + year old California blondes smiling at me.
This happened in a State Park and it was to my displeasure to inform them that the beach they were on did not permit it and would land them in jail or with a ticket.
Man i felt like the party pooper... and to be honest ... it took me some time and was very slow in telling them so... ..... um ok a very long time.... :P
Wished i had carried a camera for some selfies with those new found fiends... who dressed and hung out for the day with me.... exchanged numbers and they were off back to Cali the next morn.

Last edited:

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow tamrock, that’s pretty cool. It definitely would have made me jump the first time I came across that.

Hahaha that’s great! At that young of an age, I too would have been looking around for doc brown and the DeLorean.

Whaaat? Well I think this takes the cake so far. That’s not in Arizona right?
yes it is in the Arizona desert. There are actually 3 of them. They are all made out of plywood, set on a trailer frame. the Air force uses them for targeting. I have been buzzed by the jets also, as they will fly at tree top level just to scare the crap out of you.

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If tree lifted things up, why is this fence not up in the air? The bikes you posted were probably placed on a crotch which then grew around the tree.
ok man, you win, i give up. lets just move on. Not what this thread is all about. Trees grow out. check

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No skeletons. Old blood stains as well as pretty fresh blood. I wonder if it's still there.
well that's pretty distrubing. especially fresh blood stains. Was there a place for an audience in front of the stage? And this stuff was all walked in? Do you remember where it was? lets see a google satellite view with the location cropped out. It must show up if it was 100x100. depending on how new it was and the last time a satellite snapped a pic.
If only i had a camera with me back in my hard core detecting days.
Cool thread though... enjoying this... and I do have a story or 2.
I have nay a picture to add though of the many weird things seen over the years.
Especially on days like the day on an area of rocky edged jetty beach without a sole around and see 3 very beautiful fully naked 20 and + year old California blondes smiling at me.
This happened in a State Park and it was to my displeasure to inform them that the beach they were on did not permit it and would land them in jail or with a ticket.
Man i felt like the party pooper... and to be honest ... it took me some time and was very slow in telling them so... ..... um ok a very long time.... :P
Wished i had carried a camera for some selfies with those new found fiends... who dressed and hung out for the day with me.... exchanged numbers and they were off back to Cali the next morn.
ARC you are a party pooper.. hahaha no, but im not sure i could of told them that as long as they were smiling and friendly. "I wish they all could be California girls"🎵
yes it is in the Arizona desert. There are actually 3 of them. They are all made out of plywood, set on a trailer frame. the Air force uses them for targeting. I have been buzzed by the jets also, as they will fly at tree top level just to scare the crap out of you.
wow.. well i guess you are lucky they use them for targeting and not a target on a shooting range. Boom. although i would guess you probably couldnt wander onto a live army/navy range. Or at least i hope you cant.Although I might keep a little distance if you are ever back out there. just in case one day they change from targeting to firing. LOL

Reactions: ARC

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well that's pretty distrubing. especially fresh blood stains. Was there a place for an audience in front of the stage? And this stuff was all walked in? Do you remember where it was? lets see a google satellite view with the location cropped out. It must show up if it was 100x100. depending on how new it was and the last time a satellite snapped a pic.

ARC you are a party pooper.. hahaha no, but im not sure i could of told them that as long as they were smiling and friendly. "I wish they all could be California girls"🎵

wow.. well i guess you are lucky they use them for targeting and not a target on a shooting range. Boom. although i would guess you probably couldnt wander onto a live army/navy range. Or at least i hope you cant.Although I might keep a little distance if you are ever back out there. just in case one day they change from targeting to firing. LOL
they do not drop live rounds. On the tanks they sometimes drop flares, on people, which they are not supposed to do, they fly over as close as possible.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rams skull and coconut t-shirt people. Anyone who has Santeria in their areas probably knows what I’m talking about.

Also, a deers body sans head.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somewhat related to the topic, this is how the illegals entering this country, leave a trail.Which also makes it impossible to prospect.Cans, water bottles, backpacks, clothes, liter almost every inch of Southern Arizona
20181109_092605.jpg
20181109_090541.jpg

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rams skull and coconut t-shirt people. Anyone who has Santeria in their areas probably knows what I’m talking about.

Also, a deers body sans head.
I had to google Santeria, I didn’t know what the heck you were talking about.
a better picture of the tanks. View attachment 2101743
Nice, it reminds me of the inflatable tanks, the allies used in World War II. To trick the Nazis into thinking The D-Day landings would be somewhere else.
2442864B-BDFE-41BF-8DDB-B77930E42C39.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread