Post the most random things you have found while out in the middle of the woods 🌲 🌲 🌲

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a baby doll head on a large stick. I will try to find the pic. Kind of Blair witch disturbing
Yes Nathan, that’s exactly the kind of stuff I envisioned for this thread. Was there anything else in that area? Or just one random doll head on a stick. Lol

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this while searching the deep woods for a cellar hole from lidar that ended up not being a cellar hole. So no old roads or paths near by, right in the middle of nowhere. Hmmmm
7C5995E7-845B-440A-AF21-E28FDFDCE8A8.jpeg

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing was in a weird place. No cellar holes, or roads anywhere. Just part of a stone wall out In the middle of the woods.
2BE7C2CE-4DDD-47AC-BAA2-CD46E5F7ECA8.jpeg

I’m surprised there haven’t been more posts in this thread . I have loved what I’ve seen, but was expecting more. I’ve only been at this for 3 years. I was anticipating way more stories and pictures from the community.

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three things: a mine shaft, long abandoned 2) bench seat to a car, nothing else left of the car 3) large piece of carpeting, relatively modern. Maybe someone was going to carpet the woods...
1. I came across something similar once at least that’s what I thought it was. But there was a thick concrete slab covering the “entrance” I’m assuming they sealed it so kids wouldn’t go down there to play.
2. Wow and the car was definitely there at some point? Just completely rotted away?
I mostly just find trash. No matter where you go in this world, you can always find a mylar balloon that some idiot let go of.
Yes, I honestly find it odd how many of those balloons i have found deflated on the forest floor. Of all the places they could have landed. And I just happen to come across 8-9 of these things. 5 this season. There must be thousands of crying kids. Lol

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine was logging out in the woods around here years ago, he was driving the skidder down the logging trail and he saw something that looked like a white ball out in the woods. Later at lunch he said that he thought was strange that a ball would be way out there in the woods. So he stopped the next time he drove through and it wasn’t a ball, it was a whole skeleton in biker leathers with a bullet hole in the skull. He said that he found out later that it was a guy that had been missing for several months from a drug deal gone wrong. He said it shook him up and for a while he was worried that the killers would find he had reported it.

Digginitdaily

Apr 24, 2023
I was 15 maybe 16. My dad, brother and I decided to hunt the creek under an old bridge on our property. It used to be the main road through until a bypass was built in the mid 80s. My dad was running the machine and my brother and I would take turns finding the signals. He pulled up a rusted .25 pistol. We were in awe of course then the next signal I pulled up a rusted double barrel that had been sawed off. Fast forward several years and they were hanging up in our shop as trophies until a family friend came over to borrow a tool and noticed them. The family friend is also a GBI agent I should add. He then showed up several days later with a warrant to confiscate them due to an open murder case from 20 years prior. We never got the guns back but it was definitely a memorable experience!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing from just a few years ago. I was detecting a Civil War battlefield and saw something whitish but covered in algae or such in the base of a rotted out tree. it was a human skull. Fortunately, it was an old plastic skull not the real thing.

OP
OP
DownEast_Detecting

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and it wasn’t a ball, it was a whole skeleton in biker leathers with a bullet hole in the skull. He said that he found out later that it was a guy that had been missing for several months from a drug deal gone wrong. He said it shook him up and for a while he was worried that the killers would find he had reported it.
😲

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread