What's new

rained on fresh turned dirt

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
where russy and me were today

IMG_0341.webp IMG_0335.webp IMG_0337.webp IMG_0338.webp IMG_0340.webp

IMG_0332.webp IMG_0333.webp IMG_0334.webp IMG_0329.webp IMG_0331.webp

IMG_0325.webp IMG_0326.webp IMG_0328.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0339.webp
    IMG_0339.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0336.webp
    IMG_0336.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
WOW ! I'd pitch a tent & stay out there for awhile !!
 
Amazing the amount of debitage, artifacts, shards and ancient discard there in your fields Steve.
 
Wow I think I saw whole jaw bone in there and everything looks like that was the site of the midden
 
Last edited:
WOW! I'd dig and sift a site like that!

How old?
 
Nice pics! Do you ever find any hard stone artifacts?
 
That's not even fair! You lucky, you lucky... Larson, you!! I would look like a one legged cat covering ten piles of poop out there. Wow!!
 
Haha..that's a lot of circles
 
Come on Steve. Don't tease us. I know you found some artifacts so lets see some cleaned up pics. Is that a Drilled Elk Tooth in the photo near the end?
 
:thumbsup: More ''eye candy'' to drool over. Lovely little point there.
 
After an extremely dry July, we have a lot of rain coming now so it looks like we will have some hard washed, recently cultivated dirt to hunt again.

I wish our dirt looked as rich as your dirt.
 
Those pics are like those Eye Spy Books or Where's Waldo spreads that kids glare at...where the eye can wonder for long periods of time taking in all the "scenery." Thanks for sharing!
 
Isn't the rain wonderful Larson....pretty amazing what's laying right under that top soil...nice finds!
 
WOW! I'd dig and sift a site like that!

How old?

gotta be old as we can find a few pelican lake corner notch pieces once in a while along with an occasional oxbow or duncan-hanna or mckean
 
After an extremely dry July, we have a lot of rain coming now so it looks like we will have some hard washed, recently cultivated dirt to hunt again.

I wish our dirt looked as rich as your dirt.


we got 1.78" in the last 4 days
 
Wow I think I saw whole jaw bone in there and everything looks like that was the site of the midden

some of the images were taken while standing on a few of the middens
there are about six middens on that 30 acre site
there were about 90 earth lodges there at some time



Come on Steve. Don't tease us. I know you found some artifacts so lets see some cleaned up pics. Is that a Drilled Elk Tooth in the photo near the end?

thanks i think it looks like one but it's not
 
WOW! I'd dig and sift a site like that!

How old?

we don't dig
we don't want to damage the lodge floors and it is frowned on around here anyhow
it is still fun
 
I don't dig either
 
Hope you find the good stuff. Looks like a good spot.. The site. I been on all year . Is hardly turning up anything. Can't wait till next year. when they turn the ground again.. Good luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom