What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA! My family don't sing nuthin'.


What I find hysterical, is the country bumpkins ( neighbors, etc. I don't fall for this stuff), will listen to this "country music" from artists who wear skinny jeans and make millions living in the city singing (pronounced sanging) stereotypical songs about Friday nights, small towns, whiskey and frisky girls. My mom listens to it, and I am looking for a cliff to jump off of, because every song is the same thing, with varying degrees of twang.

I usually have the truck radio on classic rock. Stuff from my youth that still gets air time seems more relate-able I guess.
Did listen to quite a mix in my youth , but as music evolved , much of country , Ain't country. Still , once and awhile a good tune leaks out.

Early eighties I rolled into Nashville (that bastion/iconic stronghold of country music as far as studio's and "makin it".)
The sight that awaited me was far removed from the glitter imagined prior.


 
You don't like Toby ,wow ? How about moving to the N.East for some brain dead/negative (anti everything) RAP .

The Yankees can keep their crap. I don't need it.
 
bedd2ae34fef37d528a9a38adb80dc59.webp
 
When I die and go to heaven, The first thing I am going to do is find my brother and slap his :censored: wings off of him for leaving me here to deal with our mother! Just saying. :cussing:
 
Yes we do...Sometimes it ain't safe for the female kind to be on the RCT, but y'all are tough. If there are any problems, WD will kick by my tail, I'm sure of it.:laughing7:

Don't give her tha bighead.
 
Afternoon Msbeepbeep and WD.
 
Sound like you do

Sounds like I can handle my own self, thank you very much. I don't need musical suggestions just because I spewed my dislike over the stereotypes of one singular genre.
 
Sounds like I can handle my own self, thank you very much. I don't need musical suggestions just because I spewed my dislike over the stereotypes of one singular genre.


Waiting room music (?) the other day had quiet piano, string plucking (harp?) and birds tweeting.
Receptionist had a hard time when scheduling my next appointment.
I assured her that it was the danged music...
 
Third Day
TobyMac
Audio Adreneline
Skillet
DC Talk
Mercy Me
 
What did I miss? :D
any word on that old ship's bell, Captain?
 
Sounds like I can handle my own self, thank you very much. I don't need musical suggestions just because I spewed my dislike over the stereotypes of one singular genre.

Sounds like you need to get a grip
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom