What's new

Rare silver knee buckle, Updated with cleaner Pics.

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back and hit the field I have been diggin the last few days. It was a slow night tonight. But I did manage this Buckle that I thought was a brooch til I got it home. This is probably the best buckle I have ever dug. All in all Im happy with tonights digs. Also posted it in the what is it forum, to try an find out exactly how old it is. :thumbsup:


Heres a couple new pics of the buckle cleaned up a little better. This thing is a bear to clean. Been usuing a toothpic. That rust comes off hard.
 

Attachments

  • buckle1.webp
    buckle1.webp
    100.1 KB · Views: 5,250
  • buckle2.webp
    buckle2.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 5,237
  • buckle1.webp
    buckle1.webp
    100.1 KB · Views: 5,177
  • buckle2.webp
    buckle2.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 5,177
  • new1.webp
    new1.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 4,621
  • new2.webp
    new2.webp
    119.6 KB · Views: 4,622
Upvote 0
mainer said:
Thanks Kirk and IP. I have dug probably in the neighborhood of 15-20 shoe buckles this year. Some whole mostly broken ones. I think this is the first knee buckle of the year. Which is why I asked.


Buckles in general we have dug a lot. Knee/shoe not many at all. This is my best one. (1720s-1750s)
 

Attachments

  • cb1a.webp
    cb1a.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 4,045
  • cb1a.webp
    cb1a.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 4,037
I have seen that one before in another one of your posts. Its a beauty for sure. Still function?
 
mainer said:
I have seen that one before in another one of your posts. Its a beauty for sure. Still function?


Nope. And probably better because I would have likely broke it from playing too much. Long Winters you know.... and I know you know! ;D
 
I could get you good on that comment but I'll take the high road here, and just say I know just what your sayin. ;D
 
sweet piece of silver, mainer. certainly one of the cooler things i've seen posted this year.
hope you can find some more info on it.
banner for sure!
 
Love it mainer :hello2: :headbang: Got my vote :icon_king:
 
Thank you Dwayne and Ironspike. Appreciate it. :thumbsup:
 
Thank you Bill. And THANK YOU to everyone who has voted. Means alot to me. :thumbsup:
 
The silver didnt rust. It was the center piece that rusted and stained the silver. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the banner , mainer :headbang: superb cleaning on that baby !! 8) 8)
 
Thank ya Mr. Dawg. :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations Mainer. I just clicked in and saw the buckle. You always find a good variety of things and I like this one best. Nice job on the cleaning and congratulations on a well deserved Banner find.
Glad it was you.
Happy Hunting.
TnMtns
 
As the Dawg said, great job of cleaning and even better job of not overcleaning.. Was praying this thing wasnt gonna be all shiny when I saw your update.. :icon_thumleft: Congratulations on the banner (no hard feelings about knocking my button off :laughing7: )
 
TnMountains said:
Congratulations Mainer. I just clicked in and saw the buckle. You always find a good variety of things and I like this one best. Nice job on the cleaning and congratulations on a well deserved Banner find.
Glad it was you.
Happy Hunting.
TnMtns

Thank you TnMtns. Appreciate the comments. :icon_thumright:
 
umrgolf2010 said:
As the Dawg said, great job of cleaning and even better job of not overcleaning.. Was praying this thing wasnt gonna be all shiny when I saw your update.. :icon_thumleft: Congratulations on the banner (no hard feelings about knocking my button off :laughing7: )

No worries buddy. Almost like I knew what I was doing or somthing. ;D Trust me I didnt. Just knew better then to overclean it. Sorry bout bumping you off the banner. I know you will be up there again soon. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the great find and making the Banner! :notworthy: It is an awesome piece.

Great job on the cleaning. :thumbsup:
 
HOT DANG DUDE!!!I take it back you are a stud!! :thumbsup:Huge congrats on that and the BANNER! :thumbsup:
 
Grats Mainer! This kind of beauty is why I, and so many others on this site, live in the past. This is why we do it. :icon_thumright:
 
that's a beauty, must have been fun diggin that up. I've never seen a buckle like that b4
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom