Rest in Peace my angel

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife, my friend, my detecting partner, my rock, Sharee passed away on August 20th after a horrific bout of metastatic brain cancer.
I will not heal from this anytime soon. So many mistakes were made with her 'treatment'. Her very first chemotherapy treatment on June 3rd was canceled because her oncologist thought she did not have insurance. By the time that mess was cleared up she had grown too weak to withstand any immunotherapy.
Also mistakes made by the insurance companies in trying to refuse her hospice treatment when it was known all along that she was fully covered. I still haven't been reimbursed for that out of pocket expense.
We were still newlyweds. She survived until one week past our second anniversary but one week shy of our lottery anniversary.
Her illness and slow death was painful for her to experience and traumatic for me to witness.
I don't want to live in this house anymore. I have never felt more isolated and alone.
To make it even worse, her dad in Florida died on the very day of my sweeties visitation and at the exact time her service began.

IMG_1167.jpg

20190814_112008.jpg

FB_IMG_1592348179721.jpg

20191110_161100.jpg

20140920_104747.jpg

20210824_143200.jpg

20210824_143036.jpg

Attachments

• 20210831_233323.jpg
    20210831_233323.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 93

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My sincerest condolences of loosing your wife.
Life has been such a roller coaster over the past year or so for you two.
Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have words that would help, but I know what an injury you are suffering.

You never heal. Like a tree you just grow around the damage and go on.

All you can know is that you were lucky to have had, briefly, something that precious, that is now gone.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this gopher. though it sounds like from other posts it was an expected result, it doesn't make it any easier. Keep those memories alive.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers coming for your healing!

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I am not a man of faith, but knowing the pain and grief of losing a loved one, my heart aches for you Gopher. I hope you will find peace in keeping the good memories near and dear to your heart. My condolences to you, sir!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry. Hopefully you can heal

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot fathom your pain. I am so sick of insurance companies dictating healthcare. My condolences.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No words can heal that kind of pain your feelings it the worst.[emoji1317]
My mother had something on her tongue that was looking bad I would tell her please go get it checked but she would make a excuse not wanting to miss work (I think she knew) so I took her myself and it was cancer. They took out all her teeth and cut out and rebuilt her tongue. Wr thought we had it beat but it came back. Me and my fianc? rented out our house and took care of her. She told me ?Dean the hard part about get old is losing you dignity.? We where now half way in weddings plans and my mom saying she won?t miss it well hospice called us one day and said she took a drastic turn for the worst and if we want to come say our last goodbyes we better do it now. My wife said we?re getting married now so we bought here a dress I bought suit and we were married that night in the hospice chapel. She passed the next day. I hope you find peace sooner than later it?s so rough the pain. My mother was my best friend and I was no angel in life I still held a lot of guilt. So she gave me the best gift I could ever get she said ? then whatever guilt you have on your plate you could take it off you made me so happy. My mother was at my wedding and she gifted me peace.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for your loss, it is a horrible disease. I have lost a cousin, a nephew and now have a close friend in last stage of metastatic brain cancer.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's terrible. So sorry for your loss and what you both had to go through.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very sorry to hear... She is in a better place now and not in pain... and i know this is very hard... but take some time and heal as best you can.

Sincere condolences TreasureNet buddy.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prayers offered. God Bless You. - Terry

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sir i ve looked at this site for a pretty long time great site great members i joined today to send you this message i think you have a strong connection to the spirit world even stronger now sharee is not lost we know where she is she helped you before and will help you even more now use your power to help others the future is bright if you re ever in the heart of texas holler and we ll have bbq and a cold one your friend old texan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread