Season "3" of Curse of Oak Island

When Dan "saw" all these things where was he? Was he using a camera? Unless he was on the bottom how could he even see his surroundings? I must have missed this explanation.
Bruce

Dan never saw anything. When he saw 10x was an empty hole, he made up stories to keep investors coming.

Dan never saw anything. When he saw 10x was an empty hole, he made up stories to keep investors coming.

I'd say that is Possible.
He may have just convinced himself the shapes he was seeing were what he wanted to see.
Just like someone who Sees Angels in the Clouds.

angelcloud.jpg~c200.jpg

or satan in a fire

hqdefault.jpg

or even someone Levitating

Untitlednk.jpg

I do think it adds more weight to the possibility he never got all the way down on his dives. as he should have known there was no body or wood beams

Last edited:
I gotta know, is this the same guy?
822e042aad79551f388464070ef0e05d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'd say that is Possible.
He may have just convinced himself the shapes he was seeing were what he wanted to see.
Just like someone who Sees Angels in the Clouds.

I do think it adds more weight to the possibility he never got all the way down on his dives. as he should have known there was no body or wood beams
yep.. I imagine back in 1970ish what Dan was diving with was pretty basic. Probably just air .. he could of been experiencing nitrogen narcosis and semi tripping out. That combined with adrenalin and fear you could imagine seeing anything I would guess.

The man has courage. I don't think he was totally making up his expereicnce...

yep.. I imagine back in 1970ish what Dan was diving with was pretty basic. Probably just air .. he could of been experiencing nitrogen narcosis and semi tripping out. That combined with adrenalin and fear you could imagine seeing anything I would guess.

The man has courage. I don't think he was totally making up his expereicnce...

didnt even consider that aspect of it. In the 70's air was the only thing, so yeah, he would have been narced out of his mind on a dive like that!

The US Navy begins examining helium's potential usage and by the mid-1920s lab animals were exposed to experimental chamber dives using heliox. Soon, human subjects breathing heliox 20/80 (20% oxygen, 80% helium) had been successfully decompressed from deep dives.[27]

Several test dives are conducted with helium mixtures, including salvage diver Max "Gene" Nohl's dive to 127 meters.[28][29]

US Navy used heliox in USS Squalus salvage operation.[25]

Nic Flemming's work to study sand ribbons in the English Channel became the first studies comparing diver performance while breathing air and heliox in the open-water.[30]

First saturation dives using trimix as part of Project Genesis.[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimix_(breathing_gas)#History_as_a_diving_gas

The US Navy begins examining helium's potential usage and by the mid-1920s lab animals were exposed to experimental chamber dives using heliox. Soon, human subjects breathing heliox 20/80 (20% oxygen, 80% helium) had been successfully decompressed from deep dives.[27]

Several test dives are conducted with helium mixtures, including salvage diver Max "Gene" Nohl's dive to 127 meters.[28][29]

US Navy used heliox in USS Squalus salvage operation.[25]

Nic Flemming's work to study sand ribbons in the English Channel became the first studies comparing diver performance while breathing air and heliox in the open-water.[30]

First saturation dives using trimix as part of Project Genesis.[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trimix_(breathing_gas)#History_as_a_diving_gas

So are you saying that the dive on 10X was a government sponsored dive with unlimited equipment, and dive support? Because thats what was going on with those first experimental dives on helium.

Nope....not at all...

Only that the tech was there by the time the dives were done in the 70's....so just as now, there would be divers that could be called in to make the dive...salvage divers most likely....

I have read a few different accounts of dives being made in 10x, mid 70's...not all of them were by Dan B.....so who knows if another diver, with equipment, hasn't also been to the bottom..

Mainly though...the post just peaked MY curiosity as to when Trimix was available...so thought I would share...Heliox dual mix also could have made that dive as the info shows..

By the way...a little off topic...but as a kid surfing in the 60's, we would sometimes rent tanks, regulator, mask and fins, plus weight belt...out of a little shack (today it would be called a Kiosk?,,,was just a shack to us) right on the beach in San Diego...$5 bucks a day, plus $5 to refill the tank...no certifications, no training...just rent one and go have fun...lol....times have changed a bit since then

Last edited:
So are you saying that the dive on 10X was a government sponsored dive with unlimited equipment, and dive support? Because thats what was going on with those first experimental dives on helium.

No. They are demonstrating that deep dive gasses were available when Dan made the dive.

No. They are demonstrating that deep dive gasses were available when Dan made the dive.

"available" and "in use by recreational divers" are two completely different things. Yes, helium was already in use for government and commercial divers in the 1970s. The blends and deco schedules were also considered highly guarded trade secrets by those who used it. Some of that knowledge was being leaked to a handful of divers in the 1970s, but its use was still so experimental, that using it was really big deal. It would have been a big enough deal that they probably would have made press releases about using it. The Die Polder and Wakulla cave pushes are 2 examples, of it's early use. So is it POSSIBLE to have been used back then? Yes. Is it likely? No.

Now on the use of dualmix Heliox in the 70's being a "big" deal i would have to disagree...it was tech from the late 30's and well known by the 70's by just about any diver...Equipment, mix and dive decompression shedules were no big secret by then...Yes it was used by commercial divers for the most part as a part of their job...but it was available to anyone and not really that expensive...any old sea rat diver that dived on sunken ships could easily have got or had the equipment...

Not sure who pursued who as far as getting together with the sisters but hopefully they are looking into the decedents of the other two boys as well to see what they have heard over the years..

That cross with its finely brazed shank and 1930-70's art design screams fraud to me. It even had fake antiquing applied to all the holes.

I should sand cast a crown out of silver and gold and tell the discovery channel my ancestors found King Solomon's treasure. :)

Well Guys I would just like to say thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread. It has made the TV show much more interesting and enjoyable to have had a group of intelligent and interesting people to discuss the developments and story with.

For my own part I am now pretty satisfied with what I believe is the answer to the mystery. I found the last show quite good in clearing things up.

1. 10X is a natural cavity and suggestive that these types of natural cavities are reasonable common in this area.
2. The story of the treasure 'probably' has persisted because there was treasure. The original boys found it and took/hid it to recover later. The gold cross is all that is left to show of what was buried on Oak island.
3. Maybe the former slave found some of the treasure one of the boys hid and for some reason was unable to recover.
4. That everyone after the first three boys have just been digging in an empty hole making it deeper and more full of rubbish etc
5. There is a total lack of evidence that any large scale excavation ever took place on the island.

I personally do not think a season 4 is needed. But I will watch if they do have a season 4.

Once again thank to all that have contributed to this excellent thread.

Good luck on your own endeavors....

Amigo's,:coffee2: Stories are not facts,hearsay is not proof of anything,no proof of treasure ever existing on Oak Island, :BangHead:NO FACTS,NO TREASURE, NO NOTHING, only a show to sell to the public,If you contact them ,maybe they will come pick up someone you know and take them for a tour,:dontknow:NP:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back