Season "3" of Curse of Oak Island

if they keep digging up Oak Island, there will be little left...

6681428330549.jpg

I swear I keep hearing SpongeBob laugh

One thing I will say is you have to give that diver some serious credit. You have to have some giant freaking balls to do what he did. Underwater, 200 feet in a small cave after fitting through a 2 foot pipe in almost zero visability

I swear I keep hearing SpongeBob laugh

One thing I will say is you have to give that diver some serious credit. You have to have some giant freaking balls to do what he did. Underwater, 200 feet in a small cave after fitting through a 2 foot pipe in almost zero visability
Yep... I must admit that the shorts for the final episode do look interesting. I really do hope that he finds something interesting that supports human activity at that level pre 10x being dug... But I would not be betting money on it.

The drilling of the "hypothesized' pit location was interesting in that it was what they should of been doing all along if they want to find the actual money pit. The cavity they found I suppose they will now send down a sonar that will "suggest" man made objects down there.

It would be great if the 'tunnel' the shorts suggested the diver found actually is man made and leads as a back door to the pit.. But it is extremely unlikely..

I cannot see them finding enough evidence to justify the millions needed to freeze the ground and dig the pit.... I struggle to see what they could do in season 4 unless they actually start digging...

One interesting bit of last night program was the old ladies claim that the body of her grandfather was washed away from the bottom of the pit and never recovered. Maybe there is an underwater tunnel passing under the island (if so more likely to be natural rather then man made I would think)...

It is hard to keep believing in this mystery.. fingers crossed that next weeks reveal will be utterly amazing....

Last edited:
Just caught a small part of preview for next weeks show...someone off camera says the 'vault' does not look or feel manmade....may want to watch for the commercials to see what else they say...

Cant wait for the Season finale next week, looks like we might get someone to the bottom of 10x finally!!

They will start out with him in 10X and he will come up and say how he lifted the heavy box ( Filled with Treasure ) and he was in the man made tunnels and that there was a body in there and gold and sliver and gems in there, & that will be it, they will move onto something else.
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! You are sooooo RIGHT!

Question, now that the diver made it to the bottom of 10X, do they send me back down there to try and map out the area? I mean do they make this dive everyday for the next week or so? trying to bring things up? take videos? look for pick marks in the walls? anything ill take at this point

The Curse Of Oak Island...Top Ten Shows...With a Bullet!

david-letterman curse.jpg

The History Channel’s “The Curse of Oak Island” continued to hold strong ratings this week, maintaining its 0.9 rating in adults 18-49 from the week before. Following its second week dip to a 0.4 rating though, Freeform’s “Shadowhunters” managed to raise one tenth to a 0.5 this time around.

“Pretty Little Liars” continued its 0.8 rating for the second week in a row as well, and Tyler Perry’s “Haves and the Have Nots” landed yet another 0.8 rating this week. Meanwhile, a rerun of “The Big Bang Theory” won the night with a 1.1 rating.

WGN America’s “Outsiders” premiered to a 0.3 in 18-49 and 1.06 million viewers. It’s not on the chart below, as it aired commercial-free and these rankings exclude commercial-free programs on ad-supported channels. (TV by the Numbers and WGN America are both part of Tribune Media.)

Top 100 cable shows among adults 18-49 for Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2016

Show Net Time Viewers (000s) 18-49 rating
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 10:00 PM 2908 1.1
FAMILY GUY ADSM 11:00 PM 2048 1.0
FAMILY GUY ADSM 11:30 PM 2025 1.0
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 10:30 PM 2689 1.0
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 9:30 PM 2727 1.0
CURSE OF OAK ISLAND HIST 9:00 PM 3169 0.9

I bet the season finale will get good ratings then...I hope the brothers and Dan do make some money out of this whole endeavor they deserve too.... I would imagine there is no one more then Dan that would like to see the pit found and dug before he dies...

I thought gold rush was #1

I don't know why, but it keeps popping into my head that they've already found there's nothing there or it's already been recovered and they're just trying to milk some of their investment back out of the whole thing. Figure all the drillers and equipment companies are more than likely paying (labor time & $$) to get their logo on the show. How many people walk into their local detector shop and say I want one of the detectors they used on the show so say Garrett made a good investment of their advertising $$$. Then after the show, the brothers are getting residuals etc. The land on the island they own has gone up in value. Interviews by them and Blankenship = more $$$ book rights =more &&&. I don't think they'll lose very much when it's all said & done.

I don't know why, but it keeps popping into my head that they've already found there's nothing there or it's already been recovered and they're just trying to milk some of their investment back out of the whole thing. Figure all the drillers and equipment companies are more than likely paying (labor time & $$) to get their logo on the show. How many people walk into their local detector shop and say I want one of the detectors they used on the show so say Garrett made a good investment of their advertising $$$. Then after the show, the brothers are getting residuals etc. The land on the island they own has gone up in value. Interviews by them and Blankenship = more $$$ book rights =more &&&. I don't think they'll lose very much when it's all said & done.

I guarantee you none of the drilling companies are paying to be on the show. There is never prominent placement of their company name. I think theyre just happy to have the business even if it doesn't produce any results.

You may be on to something with the Cat equipment and metal detectors though. Someone posted before asking why on earth would they buy brand new heavy machinery. They've made comparatively little use of their new heavy equipment, can't imagine there isn't some deal with Cat....or maybe its just a 6 month lease.

Only Detector I saw used (that I remember) Minelab 3030

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back