OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next week is the grand finale.
So we will FINALLY get to see the treasure.

Cannot wait for that...

wait.jpg

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears to have been an episode with nothing about oak Island....
Except for uncovering more of the stone road, which the Portuguese Templars constructed to haul in the treasure.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except for uncovering more of the stone road, which the Portuguese Templars constructed to haul in the treasure.
I thought it was "proven" to be the Romans who built those roads...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a great way to finish the last show would be if they pull up a old wooden box ( the Ark of the covenant) on the last drill hole... Gary opens it up and......

Something like this rips out...

light.jpg

Then the screen blacks out credits close...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely they cannot intend on making another season... I do not think there could be anyone left who still thinks that a treasure can be found in the money pit and it just requires digging the correct hole.

Even on this forum we have lost all the posters that believed a treasure was there to be found.

The Laginas have PROVEN there is no treasure buried in the money pit area of Oak Island...

The stuff they are offering up now is just rubbish and not even related to Oak Island.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely they cannot intend on making another season... I do not think there could be anyone left who still thinks that a treasure can be found in the money pit and it just requires digging the correct hole.

Even on this forum we have lost all the posters that believed a treasure was there to be found.

The Laginas have PROVEN there is no treasure buried in the money pit area of Oak Island...

The stuff they are offering up now is just rubbish and not even related to Oak Island.
It hasn't been proven that there is nothing in the money pit area, but even I'll admit that it's not worth spending more resources at the money pit on based on evidence. It does make a great visual display, and I'll bet they do something more in the money pit in season 10. It's amazing that they could find things in the small shafts but virtually nothing but wood when taking the core out of a giant 10 foot can.

But as far as Oak Island - if they can get permits for the swamp again, there's still the Spanish Galleon for season 10.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOTHING has ever been found relating to a money pit or treasure in it.

Its been proven that there was never a money pit, especially one with oak platforms and flood tunnels as ZERO evidence has been found or produced.

The only pit(s) were those created by hoaxers to fleece investors.

Dunfield said enough bs and dug up the entire area to see if any of the stories were true. He proved they were not.

EC8C06EA-0736-40CB-AE61-5AE855E48A47.jpeg

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
It hasn't been proven that there is nothing in the money pit area, but even I'll admit that it's not worth spending more resources at the money pit on based on evidence. It does make a great visual display, and I'll bet they do something more in the money pit in season 10. It's amazing that they could find things in the small shafts but virtually nothing but wood when taking the core out of a giant 10 foot can.

But as far as Oak Island - if they can get permits for the swamp again, there's still the Spanish Galleon for season 10.
That is not correct. It had been proven a number of time nothing is in the Money Pit area as numerous parties who repeated the exercise each time discovered after they reached bedrock.

It is not what you are told on The Curse of Oak Island, it is everything you are not told or shown.

For example the well known and recorded work of Captain Bowdoin.

Ever hear his name or work being spoken about or referenced on the show?

There is a reason why. Here is just some of what he reported in 1911 about his work in 1909:

"We did. We put down holes vertically, and with as wide angles as possible, so that a larger space than the area of the pit was perforated with holes to depths of from one hundred and fifty-five feet to one hundred and seventy-one feet, and so placed that anything over two feet square must have been struck. We struck cement six inches to ten inches thick at depths of one hundred and forty-six feet to one hundred and forty-nine feet, but no traces of boxes, treasure, or anything of that kind.

The cement was analyzed by Professor Chandler of Columbia University, and found to be natural limestone pitted by the action of water. This was also the opinion of Professor Kemp, Professor of Geology at Columbia University, and of Dr. Woolson, an expert on building materials and cement, of Columbia University."

Quite comprehensive as you can see as it was done properly to eliminate any possibility they might have missed something. That is why you do not hear about him or his work as the excuse "He might have missed it" cannot then be used. That was only part of what he wrote for what he had been assured by Blair had occurred and what he would encounter when he dug was all proven to be made up BS.

Isn't this the whole problem of the fallacy that the show is built on?

It occurred in a recent episode when Charles Barkhouse was asked if there was a treasure where they were digging into the Money Pit and he said he "believed" there was but there is actual evidence that there isn't?

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It hasn't been proven that there is nothing in the money pit area, but even I'll admit that it's not worth spending more . . .
It hasn't been demonstrated that there is anything of value on Oak Island. In 28 groups trying. You'd have to remove and sift the entire island to 200 ft deep to prove "nothing". But then someone would say "but you should have gone down 205 feet!"

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real treasure of Oak Island was their audience who tuned in every week to watch. Audience + Advertisers = Revenue.

All Treasure "Legend" shows follow this formula. If the show starts out with "According to Legend...", rest assured no treasure will ever be found...

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly makes you wonder what the purpose of all the other holes they have been digging is....

As a teenager I first read the Readers Digest Story and had great dreams of treasure waiting to be found...

Wood platforms, flood tunnels, weird unexplained structures/beach at Smiths Cove, mysterious engraved stone, Mysterious vault, Gold chain recovered... I was very happy when this show first started.

Since the TV series started it motivated me to do quite extensive research on the actual Oak Island history of the search and as with many legends the actual history is very different.

The wood platforms were only found to 20 feet, the carved inscription in the stone never existed (like the legend states) at best a stone was found with a few shallow scotches. The legend of the translation first appeared in a prospectus to raise money for a search in the 1890 ish. There is no name of professor or university of the the claimed translation. No one ever claimed to see that translation on the actual stone.

The flood tunnels are actually naturally occurring cavities/caves/sink holes (cave in pit) all over the area (as also found by Dan with 10X).

The original Chapel never even claimed these things associated with the Legend of the treasure vault. It was his son 35 years later who told these stories when trying to raise money for his own search. The "concrete" is a natural limestone formation as outlined in the extract shown by freeman earlier.

The structures at Smiths Cove were built in the mid 1700s and appear to be the left overs of some industry (naval stores if you listen to J.Steele's explanation).

BUT what a story.....

People searching for a fabled treasure over hundreds of years without a single piece of evidence...

Fortunes spent, lives given.

And who knows maybe this is the last of the only actual treasure ever found on Oak Island....

cross.jpg

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Certainly makes you wonder what the purpose of all the other holes they have been digging is....

As a teenager I first read the Readers Digest Story and had great dreams of treasure waiting to be found...

Wood platforms, flood tunnels, weird unexplained structures/beach at Smiths Cove, mysterious engraved stone, Mysterious vault, Gold chain recovered... I was very happy when this show first started.

Since the TV series started it motivated me to do quite extensive research on the actual Oak Island history of the search and as with many legends the actual history is very different.

The wood platforms were only found to 20 feet, the carved inscription in the stone never existed (like the legend states) at best a stone was found with a few shallow scotches. The legend of the translation first appeared in a prospectus to raise money for a search in the 1890 ish. There is no name of professor or university of the the claimed translation. No one ever claimed to see that translation on the actual stone.

The flood tunnels are actually naturally occurring cavities/caves/sink holes (cave in pit) all over the area (as also found by Dan with 10X).

The original Chapel never even claimed these things associated with the Legend of the treasure vault. It was his son 35 years later who told these stories when trying to raise money for his own search. The "concrete" is a natural limestone formation as outlined in the extract shown by freeman earlier.

The structures at Smiths Cove were built in the mid 1700s and appear to be the left overs of some industry (naval stores if you listen to J.Steele's explanation).

BUT what a story.....

People searching for a fabled treasure over hundreds of years without a single piece of evidence...

Fortunes spent, lives given.

And who knows maybe this is the last of the only actual treasure ever found on Oak Island....

View attachment 2024607
Nup, identified as 1970s production.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the older lady that showed up with the story that her family found 2 small treasure chests on the island years ago.
She had a gold cross as proof, saying that was all that was left.
Treasure found, unless she was lying.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions