What's new

sidearms...who carries?

TH, you just ruined my day. Every time I see the word 'twerking', I think of Miley Cirus and kinda get a sick feeling. That girl may be 'hot stuff' for some; but she's a complete 'turnoff' for me. Yuk!
 
When I went to last gun show this small beautiful young lady maybe 100 lbs pulls a Springfield .45 out of her purse to have it checked at door by police, officer asks her why she has such big firearm, turns out 3 men tried to break into her home one night and were scared off by a neighbor.

She now has conceal carry license and is ready to defend herself........



That reminds me of the story about an elderly lady going down a Texas highway a bit too fast so a state trooper hit his lights and pulls her over, as he approached the drivers side window he notices a revolver on the dash, he asks the old lady, "ma'am, is that gun is loaded? and she says "yes it is", he then asks her if she has any other firearms in the car, she says...... "yes, I have a loaded 380 auto in my purse and a loaded 45 in the glove box"....the officer then asks her..." Ma'am....what exactly are you afraid of ?"

she replys......"Not a damn thing, officer"
 
Last edited:
I hear RJ carries a 44 with a 7 inch barrel, I can't tell where he carries it..
 
And If she had a fire arm the story would over with too.

When I went to last gun show this small beautiful young lady maybe 100 lbs pulls a Springfield .45 out of her purse to have it checked at door by police, officer asks her why she has such big firearm, turns out 3 men tried to break into her home one night and were scared off by a neighbor.

She now has conceal carry license and is ready to defend herself........

I find that far more sexy than some girl twerking...


the fact that a man your age even knows the word ' twerking' is discomforting
 
I hear RJ carries a 44 with a 7 inch barrel,


Nah,a 7 inch barrel is to long,3 or 4 inches for a barrel is good.Most gun fights happen at around a 20 foot distance.It takes time to clear 7 inches out of the leather,that split second could kill you or help to keep you alive.Actually i used a .41 magnum.
 
I live in the communist state of NY. That's not even an option. Mr Cuomo even made me sell my ar's as we now have to register them. Could you imagine, big brother knowing what I have at home. I gotta get outta here. Quick!

I have to disagree with you on your point about it not being an option . In the 5 bourghs of NYC I agree it is an act of god to get a carry permit . You either need to be rich or have friends In high places or something of that sort . But in upstate most counties have the availability of getting a pistol permit and in a good deal of upstate counties we have the option of getting a full carry conceal license such as here where I live in Otsego county . I have had a conceal permit since 1990 and very seldom am I not exercising my 2nd amendment right to bear arms except where is prohibited by law . Like in the 5 bourghs of NY . Because believe it or not it says right on my permit it is not valid in NYC , im ok to be trusted with a handgun upstate with all us county folks but in the city nope cant be trusted . As for Mr Cuomo my opinion of or comments toward cant be expressed in this family type forum page .
 
I have to disagree with you on your point about it not being an option . In the 5 bourghs of NYC I agree it is an act of god to get a carry permit . You either need to be rich or have friends In high places or something of that sort . But in upstate most counties have the availability of getting a pistol permit and in a good deal of upstate counties we have the option of getting a full carry conceal license such as here where I live in Otsego county . I have had a conceal permit since 1990 and very seldom am I not exercising my 2nd amendment right to bear arms except where is prohibited by law . Like in the 5 bourghs of NY . Because believe it or not it says right on my permit it is not valid in NYC , im ok to be trusted with a handgun upstate with all us county folks but in the city nope cant be trusted . As for Mr Cuomo my opinion of or comments toward cant be expressed in this family type forum page .

 
Ya Mr Cuomo is not the favorite person in NY among sportsman or gun owners . He is trying to buy us off this year by making crossbows legal in archery season . Will we forget what he did ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no we wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Will we forget what he did ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no we wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he remembers that payback is a bit_ _.
 
Got my CCW. Walther PPS 9mm in an IWB.....whether Im MD'ing, fishing, or going to Walmart. Part of me doesnt like carrying but there are quite a few meth heads walking around these parts. Its amazing the deals that go down in broad daylight in a Home Depot parking lot (not my assumption...comes from area LE intelligence).
 
Nah,a 7 inch barrel is to long,3 or 4 inches for a barrel is good.Most gun fights happen at around a 20 foot distance.It takes time to clear 7 inches out of the leather,that split second could kill you or help to keep you alive.Actually i used a .41 magnum.

I just got rid of a 7.5" barrell .41 Mag.....Bullets to damn expensive..lol
 
I will say I did not read all 112 responses but I have real good reasons to carry. First I am a US citizen and the second amendment to the constitution says I have a RIGHT to go armed. My Supreme Court re-affirmed that right. Second, I was a cop for many years and between '70 and '76 I was required to carry a sidearm even when off duty and in the public. And third, this country is not the same as it was 40 years ago and the police will even admit they no longer can guarantee ANYONE'S safety so I WILL carry. It has nothing to do with detecting in seedy places. My biggest concern is walking in on a crime in progress and protecting myself during that ONE MOMENT in my life that I have been preparing myself my entire life for. When I reach into my pocket, I'm coming out with a .45 in my hand.....not pocket change! TTC
 
I will say I did not read all 112 responses but I have real good reasons to carry. First I am a US citizen and the second amendment to the constitution says I have a RIGHT to go armed. My Supreme Court re-affirmed that right. Second, I was a cop for many years and between '70 and '76 I was required to carry a sidearm even when off duty and in the public. And third, this country is not the same as it was 40 years ago and the police will even admit they no longer can guarantee ANYONE'S safety so I WILL carry. It has nothing to do with detecting in seedy places. My biggest concern is walking in on a crime in progress and protecting myself during that ONE MOMENT in my life that I have been preparing myself my entire life for. When I reach into my pocket, I'm coming out with a .45 in my hand.....not pocket change! TTC

You have a God given right to defend yourself. The Second Amendment protects that right.
 
Sig P238, yup always, and always train with it. My life and the safety of my loved ones is a responsibility I'm willing to undertake unequivocally.
 
Last edited:
but there are quite a few meth heads walking around these parts. Its amazing the deals that go down in broad daylight in a Home Depot parking lot (not my assumption...comes from area LE intelligence).

let you in on a secret...its like that Everywhere! doesn't matter where I go, nice neighborhoods or slums..dopeheads are everywhere, and I'm not talking potheads, they don't hurt anybody, its the heroin,crack,meth..everywhere. :sadsmiley: :BangHead:
 
I asked many police officers here in Florida about open carry vs conceal carry, by far the vast majority tell me they prefer open carry, that it cuts down on crime..

Now that's Interesting ...IMO
 
Now that's Interesting ...IMO

Common sense really.Who would you mess with,a person who could possibly be carrying or a person with a .45 ACP 1911 on their hip:laughing9:
 
Got my CCW. Walther PPS 9mm in an IWB.....whether Im MD'ing, fishing, or going to Walmart. Part of me doesnt like carrying but there are quite a few meth heads walking around these parts. Its amazing the deals that go down in broad daylight in a Home Depot parking lot (not my assumption...comes from area LE intelligence).

Home Depot is a great place to do a Meth Deal.

Cause 'Tweakers' are always Fixin or taking apart Something.
 
let you in on a secret...its like that Everywhere! doesn't matter where I go, nice neighborhoods or slums..dopeheads are everywhere, and I'm not talking potheads, they don't hurt anybody, its the heroin,crack,meth..everywhere. :sadsmiley: :BangHead:

I Hear Ya, Man..

Davers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom