OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And of course the pic gets rotated when I post it. How do I get pics to stay in the correct position without rotating?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find, before attaching you could try to rotate the picture before uuploading right click on your image and rotate right (clockwise) hand then once it is in position upload.

Hope that helps try editing it and give er a try.

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, before attaching you could try to rotate the picture before uuploading right click on your image and rotate right (clockwise) hand then once it is in position upload.

Hope that helps try editing it and give er a try.

Thanks, doggoneit. That rock is loaded with info.
It was already in the correct position before uploading. That that has happened before with my pics when I post. It can be a bit frustrating.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Turtlegal:

Open the image in Paint, reduce it by about 60% and then
it will post fine.

The file is too large for the viewer, so it auto orients it. Reduce
the image size and you're good to go.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.............nevermind.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just wondering if you drink?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I agree with coinman123: Random squiggle in a rock. If you walk out to landscape, look around long enough, you will find endless un-canny squiggles, shapes, patterns, etc.... In the same way if you lie on your back and watch the clouds, you'll eventually see a bunny, a clown face, a square, etc.... Just randomly occurring coincidences and squiggles.

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I followed a topographical rock map to where it pointed to at the bottom of a ridge and came upon three symbols along the way which led me to a turtle head. I followed the directon in which it was looking. I detected the area around a large holly tree and found a broken part from a wood stove. This stone was about two feet from the stove piece. There was also a large flat rock buried two inches down, in addition to a heart shaped rock. So I'm pretty sure it isn't a natural formation.

Attachments

• 2017-04-01 09.04.02.jpg
    2017-04-01 09.04.02.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 2017-04-01 09.01.14.jpg
    2017-04-01 09.01.14.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 60
  • 20170326_124102-1.jpg
    20170326_124102-1.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 68

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... I followed the directon in which it was looking. I detected the area around a large holly tree and found a broken part from a wood stove. ....

I'm not sure where you're detecting at, but .... just be aware, that ANYWHERE mankind has gathered, for a long enough period of time: When you turn on a detector and swing around any random spot, you will invariably find iron objects. So it is possible your rocks are random squiggles, and the iron is just normally occurring agriculture slag of some sort.

OP
OP
T

TurtleGirl

Feb 22, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure where you're detecting at, but .... just be aware, that ANYWHERE mankind has gathered, for a long enough period of time: When you turn on a detector and swing around any random spot, you will invariably find iron objects. So it is possible your rocks are random squiggles, and the iron is just normally occurring agriculture slag of some sort.

I'm detecting on my own land, I'm familiar with where any cultivation and clearing have occured. This is the fifth piece of stove part I have encountered over a square mile from following the clues that I have found over the past two months. These are the usual things that are found when following outlaw treasure signs. I understand how you can be skeptical if you've never experienced it personally.

jonesy

Sep 26, 2004
central Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well those last 2 rocks dont look like random "squiggles" to me just my opinion jonesy

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep going turtle girl. You might be on to something in my opinion. You might try posting those picks in the treasure marks and symbols forum. You would probably get more responses there.

maccounty

Jan 7, 2016
SwMissouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Minelab go find 60 Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure marks/signs.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I'm detecting on my own land, I'm familiar with where any cultivation and clearing have occured.....

But you can only account for whatever occurred during your lifetime ? I can say from 40 yrs. md'ing experience, that items such as you show can be found anywhere in cow-pasture-type or cultivated fields.

... if you've never experienced it personally.

I've experienced it personally :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions