What's new

Texas buckle (I never thought Id say that)

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

My day started and almost ended the same as always. Hitting the same dried up Confederate camp, only pocketing some melted lead and a coin I couldn't date. The holes in this spot are everywhere. I always fill, but depressions develop and some days I wish I wore ankle braces. After 7 hours avoiding injury, I decided to call it a day. The deal to myself was to dig one last signal and, wow, I'm glad I did.

Dug was this tongue to a Texas buckle, or plate 315 for those who own Mullinax's "Confederate Belt Buckles and Plates." At the time I had no idea what it was or how rare it would prove to be. The red clay where I hunt is brutal and the object could have passed for a brick. After a surprisingly high pitched shout and mild collapse, I readied for another pass thinking my luck is not near good enough to find the wreath. But again, another high brass signal. The ground was soft but I still spent the next 20 or so minutes digging a crater to prevent any damage. Shotgun shell!

My disappointment didn't last long. After all, here was a find that I'm certain will remain the find of my life plus I got permission from the wife to hunt til I find that wreath!
 

Attachments

  • texas-frontLR.webp
    texas-frontLR.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 3,756
  • texas-backLR.webp
    texas-backLR.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 3,747
Upvote 2
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Yes! That is definitely a fainter find! :headbang: A few might pass out just seeing it. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

:o just topped my year in one hole
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

You know you have my vote KYPHOTE! Congrats buddy and a super find! Banner!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Love that green patina that Northern Virginia RED dirt puts on those relics too!
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Great Buckle! BANNER!!!
REB
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Awesome Buckle Congrats, my banner vote is in too. :hello2:

Bubba65
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Super find! You might want to dig a 5 foot diameter crater around where that came out looking for the wreath!!
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Awesome Buckle!!! :headbang:
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

That is one sweet find right there. Congrats :thumbsup:
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Steve in PA said:
Super find! You might want to dig a 5 foot diameter crater around where that came out looking for the wreath!!

INDEED! :icon_thumleft: :wink: :headbang:
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Sweet recovery, I give u a banner!!!!!!!
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

That's a really nice find.
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Awesome once in a lifetime find!!!! BANNER
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Once i saw the picture it was not hard to Banner this one now go and find the other part HH Chug!!!!
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Sweet Lord, you've got yourself a RARE plate there! That is top notch. Don't worry about the bend on the loop or the green patina. She's a beauty, and one that just about can't be topped.

Banner nomination sent.

:thumbsup:


Congratulations,


Buck
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

HOT-DIGGITY-DOG :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

That , my friend , is the FIND OF A LIFETIME!!...It makes my day just reading about it and seeing it. You definitely have my vote for BANNER!....I hope you can find the wreath.

Good Luck and HH
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

WOW!!!! That's sweet!
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

congrats on your banner find!!! Hope you find the wreath too.
 
Re: Texas buckle (I never thought I'd say that)

Wow!! You already made the banner// but still.... BANNER find!!! Congrats!!!

MB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom