being a manifestation of Perseus?

Perseus Constellation.png

??

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Never worked much with the stars, but looks as though you may be on to something there. Stand atop Black Mnt. to shoot the stars. :icon_thumleft:

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
Twisted Fork said:
Never worked much with the stars, but looks as though you may be on to something there. Stand atop Black Mnt. to shoot the stars. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Twisted, I have actually been working on learning more about the stars because of this revelation...angels singing :o

Jerry

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Javaone said:
SH, Oro

Well aaaaa..... How about them Cubs? Cubfan64.

Jerry :dontknow:

Incidentally ^^ is on ignore - I think we know who it is... just sayin >:(

Hola amigo - Cubfan is aces with me! :thumbsup:

Funny but now that you mention it, that last post ^^^ does look strangely familiar..... :icon_scratch: Maybe that 'ignore' button is not going to work so well after all. :-\

Javaone wrote
Any thoughts of the Priest being a manifestation of Perseus?

Darn Jerry, that is kind of surprising! I had never seen a connection made there, but it just might be! :icon_thumright:
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Blindbowman said:
ya if he had any idea what a primary star was he might be able to link it to its star cluster...

most likely not ...lol

Why do you presume he does not? I would not make such an assumption. Dummies do not make treasure hunters, in general they are pretty bright individuals amigo. A dummy would be lost at the first puzzle and give up the whole idea of treasure hunting.
Oroblanco

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
Oroblanco said:
Why do you presume he does not? I would not make such an assumption. Dummies do not make treasure hunters, in general they are pretty bright individuals amigo. A dummy would be lost at the first puzzle and give up the whole idea of treasure hunting.
Oroblanco

There you go again Oro - quoting someone that some of us would rather "ignore"!

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Bill,
I think it would be easier to just post the info on the constellation instead of trying to give the impression of superiority.
You may discover that it hasn't changed very much in the last 700 years.

NativeOne

Aug 12, 2010
Old Dog said:
Bill,
I think it would be easier to just post the info on the constellation instead of trying to give the impression of superiority.
You may discover that it hasn't changed very much in the last 700 years.
Perseus (Greek: Περσεύς),[note 1] the legendary founder of Mycenae and of the Perseid dynasty there, was the first of the mythic heroes of Greek mythology whose exploits in defeating various archaic monsters provided the founding myths of the Twelve Olympians. Perseus was the Greek hero who killed the Gorgon Medusa, and claimed Andromeda, having rescued her from a sea monster sent by Poseidon in retribution for Queen Cassiopeia declaring herself more beautiful than the sea nymphs. "Golden Boy"

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
Oroblanco said:
Javaone wrote
Any thoughts of the Priest being a manifestation of Perseus?

Darn Jerry, that is kind of surprising! I had never seen a connection made there, but it just might be! :icon_thumright:
Oroblanco

Thanks Oro - I have my movements... oops, I meant moments. :-[

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I don't make responses to people I have on IGNORE, but since he is insulting and Roy already answered him:

"IGNORE" stated that the constellation Perseus was not discovered ENOUGH to have been used, buuuut that is not exactly true, is it?

Here is a Star Map from 1784 that both lists Perseus and shows the number of stars that make it up in the sky. Just because Perseus does not consist of any Primary Stars, it does have Secondary and several Tertiary Stars. Plenty good to use.

If you are going to be insulting to others, at least have the good sense to be correct in your assertions!

Mike

Attachments

• Perseus1.jpg
    Perseus1.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 665
  • Perseus2.jpg
    Perseus2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 658
  • Perseus3.jpg
    Perseus3.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 652

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Wow that is one cool star chart Mike! I would imagine that would look great on a wall! :thumbsup:

Nov 2, 2009
Normally I don't make responses to people I have on IGNORE, but since "Gollum" is insulting and I already answered him:

"IGNORE" stated that the constellation Perseus was not discovered ENOUGH to have been used, buuuut that is not exactly true, is it?

Here is a Star Map from 1784 that both lists Perseus and shows the number of stars that make it up in the sky. Just because Perseus does not consist of any Primary Stars, it does have Secondary and several Tertiary Stars. Plenty good to use.

Johnny

Attachments

• Perseus02.jpg
    Perseus02.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 603

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
gollum said:
Normally I don't make responses to people I have on IGNORE, but since he is insulting and Roy already answered him:

Mike

Some things can be a concept for many years and accepted - before it is fully embraced. <- WOW! I'm going to have to copy write that one... :laughing7:

Jerry

Just so it's perfectly clear - I'm not the one Gollum has on "ignore" yet.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is from my primary source book on anything to do with Celestial Anything in Spanish Colonial Times.

...and in case you think that is not early enough, here is a detail of Perseus from 1612.

Best-Mike

Attachments

• Perseus4.jpg
    Perseus4.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 608
  • Perseus5.jpg
    Perseus5.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 609

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread