THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Just for AARC 8B31E3FB-F403-4CD3-B46D-FDE02AEC374A.gif:wav::wav::blob1::blob8::sign10:

Merry Christmas RTR

Merry Christmas RTR and Bill.

Good morning and Merry Christmas WD, ARC, Rook, Bill and Roger. :wave:

Santa called .Said turn the light on,and make some snacks . Said he can't stay long,got places to go.
And as always the sew chef is on duty >

Thanks for the reminder Roger, I just took the shrimp ring out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw, we’ll have it for lunch.
I love your Sew Chef helpers’ jacket too, it must be chilly in the kitchen. :laughing7:

I've been on this earth for 18 years, and although it doesn't sound like much, I have never had a white Christmas until now. It's snowing like crazy out there!
Hopefully you have a snow shovel available Ethan. :icon_scratch:
I bought my first Honda gas-powered snowblower last year; I can’t believe how much more fun it is to use than a shovel.

I tend to be a ‘traditionalist’ when it comes to my Christmas music, but this is one of my favourite ‘modern’ Christmas songs.

So now with covid...

I heard that mistletoe sales are down. :P

Morning ANTI. Merry Christmas F451BBB2-D7F0-4785-B93B-15A34BE16A96.gif

This Christmas will go down in history as "Covid Christmas".

And we were here.

I made my stocking into a mask just for the occasion.

So now with covid...

I heard that mistletoe sales are down. :P

You're hilarious buddy! :laughing7:

Merry Christmas to you Bill and to you Rook. :occasion14:

I hope you guys have a wonderful dinner tonight.

Welp...I guess....at the least...I'm going to have one of the safest Christmases ever. :dontknow:

I'll be spending it, right here, in my recliner, all alone. No cards, no presents, (I'm used to this part. I've been on Santa's naughty list for about a third of a century now. :( ), no calls, no texts, not even an email. Maybe the three great grandkids will do better when they get old enough. :dontknow:

Just me, reruns and T'net keeping me company. And...I can't count on T'net...the people there, have lives!

When one doesn't have a life, they have to fill up the time with *something*!

The above message brought to you by a depressive that's just plain running out of "wanting to".

Merry Christmas T'net! To you and yours!

:icon_santa:
:sadsanta:

Well wadhi we always have a couple homeless people to our Christmas gathering. We also take the single fisherman that have no families too. Some of the yacht captains that are stuck on there ships for work will usally show up too. So dinner is around 6 pm your welcome to come....everyone will be spaced out properly for social distancing.....no present is required just a hardy appetite and a joyful attitude !! Merry Christmas whadi...if you were close by the invitation would be for real !!

No service helping others you could be involved with in the nearest community?

Midnight mass?

Could always crash a party....

Used to be Grams was the area. A tiny township hall ,or someones house.. I got lost looking for a house on Christmas eve and stopped at a brick one (few houses in the country there ,let alone brick ones , which the one I was looking for was.) and asked if it was so and so's house.
Nope, not here" was the reply , "but if you don't find it , come back and join us".
I thought , that is too cool.

Anyways , anyone was welcome wherever Gram ended up.
Old neighbors , a couple were quite quiet and shy , but like others , had no where else to go.
Community members , shirt tail relation , it didn't matter.

I miss those years. But don't cultivate similar activity either.....
Community can relate to socialization. Getting involved in helping others worse off than ourselves , can make ourselves seem a little better off.
That takes getting out of our own comfort zones sometimes.

Were I solo tonight I'd be moochin.
"What times dinner?" Wouldn't be the first time....

Cheers to ya Whadi this Christmas eve.
The quiet at 2-3 A.M. (midnight and after anyways) has long been a favorite part of it for me.
Just like the remains of an old homestead I used to get water at where an artesian well ran into a bathtub, and someone kept a small trout in with some food.
I wonder sometimes what kind of Christmas that remote place had some years.
Bet it was a tough life , but still the same quiet on Christmas in between wee hours. Cold night , a peek at the sky , the new days sun still a thought yet...

Across the road kind of was an old house. A old black guy lived there way out /far from any village.
When I was 18-19 years that house was for sale for 3000 ? A sister told me I should buy it. Heck , I probably should have.

Thats beautiful picture you've painted in my minds eye...thank you and merry Christmas RC.

Merry Christmas bart. A85F8008-5430-49D4-9369-2E26E1DEA9AA.gif:laughing7::protest::protest::protest::angel8:

Opening presents....looks like the rat killer speedy did quite well with cat toys and catnip. My son is maneuvering his new remote controlled crane...and I'm looking to install our new doorbell cam. Soon ill be testing out my new skorp....thats a wood carving tool. Its also blowing 20 here and cold. The drizzling rain would be snow anywhere else. I ate so much food at Christmas eve dinner that I've had an upset stomach all morning. Hopeing a couple Christmas pancakes will help. Merry Christmas to all and especially those who are alone like whadi...merry Christmas buddy.

Bart,

Merry Christmas to you and yours. We had a standing rib roast for supper last night with all the trimmings heading off now for a long walk to burn off my sins....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Here, on the left coast, I'm hiding--waiting for my granddaughter to come downstairs and see that Santa has consumed a cookie, milk and even a small carrot.
For one day, I'll push back in my mind the tragedy that surrounds us all, yet, with sadness, continue to remember the terrible price so many have paid.
To a better New Year,
Don....

I had to hide all my Rum so Santa wouldn't still be here when I woke up.

He leaves me one bottle BUT he drinks 2 every time if I don't hide mine...

AND THEN !!! he makes a mess of the place... and cookie crumbs everywhere ... and the lawn has reindeer poop everywhere.

Here, on the left coast, I'm hiding--waiting for my granddaughter to come downstairs and see that Santa has consumed a cookie, milk and even a small carrot.
For one day, I'll push back in my mind the tragedy that surrounds us all, yet, with sadness, continue to remember the terrible price so many have paid.
To a better New Year,
Don....

Good morning and merry Christmas don.....seems santa had a carrot at our house too !!

I had to hide all my Rum so Santa wouldn't still be here when I woke up.

He leaves me one bottle BUT he drinks 2 every time if I don't hide mine...

AND THEN !!! he makes a mess of the place... and cookie crumbs everywhere ... and the lawn has reindeer poop everywhere.

Those pesky reindeer !! :laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions

Back