THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OH and one last thing !

And due to the great kindness and generosity of our beloved Bill here on the RCT... I am a charter again. :)

Thank again for that Bill... you are a cool dude my friend. :)

OR new fingers...

See... I have no keys with visible letters... the keys are worn... and the "r's" don't "register" well... so that is why many times when I tyoe "YOUR... its "you"... with a later edit if I catch it. heh

I just realized this may strike as weird... because most would think... "keyboards are a dime a dozen"...

Welp... not this type... :)

The smaller good ones aren't.... its a space on my coffee table issue.

I have a stack of keyboards... just no other that "fit". heh

Oh well... must have bored everyone off thread. heh

Heh AARC I have keyboard problems all the time... I use a standard Qwerty keyboard for the majority of my stuff but I also occasionally need to switch my keyboard over to Russian. You see, all the characters change but the symbols on them don't haha. I've given up on spell check and autocorrect...

Last edited:
I mean, I don't usually look down at the keyboard while I type anyway but it was still pretty confusing at first.

Wanna live cheap in Florida ? ? ?

Buy a big boat... And anchor it offshore.... NOT at a marina... for that will eat ya up too.

And get used to your blood rollin. heh

:)

The thing about FL is the tourists pay most of the taxes. No state income tax. Cheap car registration, but the blue collar jobs pay nothing, and medical services will cost you the GDP of a small country, because after all those doctors and dentists ain't going to give up living on the lake or near the beach for your sake. I'll bet an ambulance chasing lawyer could do real well down there.

I can believe what used cars market was like last time I visited FL. I could probably make a living buying cars in the Midwest, driving them to FL to sell, then fly back north to do it all over again.

Food costs are crazy here... Everything is expensive...

18 pack good eggs.. over 5 bucks...

Laof of bread.. good bread... 5 bucks.

Milk gallon... 4 bucks.

Gas... nearing 3.
I sell my eggs at $6 and can't keep them in the fridge.
Our gas is nearing $4.50 a gal.
My bread costs $5-7

But I figure everything is free, because if I didn't take that other fork in the road 35 yrs ago, I won't be here today.
I don't BS about how bad it was in life, it was a good time for party/just a F'd up lifestyle.
My family had a pool running on my life expectancy.
My oldest brother that truly knew me put a 6 month toe tag on my ass.
I was right peeved at that one, but looking back he was pretty much on the money.
So today is all free basically to me,

Thinking about "making it in Florida" ? ? ?

Word up...

MAke it where you are... and make A LOT of it... THEN come to Florida with very.... VERY... deep pockets of money.

Then you can "sit back and sip drinks with paper umbrellas". heh

IF you are thinking of trying to make it here... you will make it all right... "make it" the key word here... would be your best case...

And moving back second...

And the third... you didn't... and that trailer park is 1200 a month as well... Heh

All depends where you look.This new home in Vero beach(5 minutes inland) 13 months ago was $389,000 in a nice neighborhood w/low HOA :) 062.JPG064.JPG

And this one also in Vero asking $400,000 .Both homes just under 3,000 sq. ft. & 3 bedrooms. 065.JPG

Cheap real estate there.
Here is an example of a home in Vancouver.

Vancouver real estate: home across Trout Lake listed $1.7 million, sells $870,000 over asking for $2.6 million

3285_victoria_drive.jpg

A couple bought a shack in my hamlet for $27K. Bought a double lot for $10K.
Fixed it up lipstick on a pig.
Listed it, $295,000 sold in 30 days.

And I am taking today off :P

And if wondering... "why don't you go detecting today".

Answer = I am frigging exhausted from another long week / weekend.

Besides,,, even if I wanted to... AND had the "energy" today... I couldn't... sheesh detectors are dead... stuff is buried... etc.

Due to political correctness, The Dixie Chicks will now just be called The Chicks...

Wonder what will happen to Dixie Cups?!?!?!

yz-8.jpg

Last edited:

Besides,,, even if I wanted to... AND had the "energy" today... I couldn't... sheesh detectors are dead... stuff is buried... etc.

I hear ya there, somewhere in the middle of this thare might be a bit of blue skies again.

I hear ya there, somewhere in the middle of this thare might be a bit of blue skies again.
The weather is SOOO nice here right now! How come as soon as the weather get's nice I'm overloaded with stuff to do??? I'll be out there at some point this week I think.

So I have all this stuff that has done nothing with for 27 yrs now. Sell it has been the comment from so many.
Yet how does one do this when there's no time to have a good fart.
Just another case of looking in the window-looking out of the window.
Probably easier to take it with me, then in a 1000yrs from now some paint brush dirt digger with a degree will believe I was Royalty since I had so many things buried with me for next life.:laughing7:

The weather is SOOO nice here right now! How come as soon as the weather get's nice I'm overloaded with stuff to do??? I'll be out there at some point this week I think.

Too funny! The Mrs just commented on that she is dreading the summer and all the work that we're facing.
I'm thinking that this will probably be part of the day. 20210130_072352.jpg

All the good markets have all died here.

There's a great one here in Melbourne just across 95. I go there a lot, and it's always busy. But I don't know how much a spot costs.

You certainly don't have the mindset to relax detecting. Not when such as mentioned thoughts are in your head.
Understood...

I was kinda surprised at Florida when there last , years and years ago. At the time there were quiet areas though granted I was leaning toward them at times . Always folks headed down or back for updates . A dog groomer we had and her husband sold out here and bought a spread down there a year or two ago . With horses... Whatever.
They might have liked the change , I'll bet the horses were annoyed.

I might at one time have worked a Dizzy World underground. Or , guiding folks to fish before the park opened.. Or somewhere else.
A trailer and A.C. would have sufficed outside of work. Ahh youth..L.o.l..

Winters bring back the where would be a good place to relocate to.
RustyRelics state is one that is a compromise. Always enjoyed the clime passing through. Farther South gets too warm for my blood.
But hey , if I had the money for a decent spread , I could stay warm here probably...

There is a summer flea market not far away I should sell at. I'm tied up mornings though so it's still not happening.
Sales here get interesting for competition too.
The few I hit are more remote and that helps.
2nd hand stores ect. are not really worth visiting. And I too find it annoying when folks take a pic. then look up an item for value. Some go outside and research.
Thier ambition is good , thier focus as far as specializing in anything vs looking up everything though....

Starting over after getting flatlined sucks. Part of life for some of us though.
Prices are getting nuts on land and real estate here again too.
Looked at an add for a trailer for several hundred dollars in a park. (Can you say alligator?)
Lot rent 450. That's cheap I guess. But what does a trailer owner gain? Pages of rules. No equity in the land. Neighbors up your backside.

A few years ago my offer of two grand an acre for hunting land (it's residential really, though you'd have to see the location , it's quite fine for a home with plenty of elbow room from neighbors) for just over ten acres was accepted without a counter offer. Asking price had been a third higher.
Granted only a couple acres would suit a homesite.
But today , a couple acres down the road they're asking more than twenty for. Not a postage stamp size , but not worth twenty today. (Watch , it'll sell...Eventually).

Houses jumped. New builds can run around 175 grand. And tired houses on tiny lots about the same. For decent stuff. Nothing fancy.
Then there are the alligators and downright turds folks are trying to flip for ridiculous profits.

Small towns , 150 grand can get a decent place. That's going to be from 30-60 minutes from a big /medium city.

If you've noted my liking Coleman lanterns , keep an eye out for decent older ones after researching popularity of models.
Japan fans are paying well on online sales....
What I'd never paid more than twenty bucks for (and 8-14 more common) gets asked 75 plus in half decent shape today.
Last year was slim pickins ,though I dodged auctions.
Did score one deal. Added and replaced a couple things on a newer model and put it aside after a fire up.
Two heat plants await work. One intact. I should make out should I sell. IF they clean up and work as desired. R.U.G. (regular unleaded gas) is my enemy.
Gums stuff up bigtime. And the complete heat plant shows tar like deposits. Meaning the fount needs cleaning.
Mineral spirits and steel b.b.'s are on hand for when I get started on it... A time thing too. (Or determination in priority thing.)
Two stoves await the same. One old Ted Williams or something..
I ever get a place to work outside that's enclosed , my busy will change.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back