THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I can see how one could assume an online Rum loving Captain who never has any rum to share... be the equivalent of "2 slices of bread"...

What perplexes me is... Why bread..? ? ?

Why not construe me as say...

2 tankards of Rum... and now that I am "more"... say....

with a mug of rum in the middle... ?

:P

Seee... I have an online persona as I have stated before... I was going for Rum... but got bread instead :P

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I can see how one could assume an online Rum loving Captain who never has any rum to share... be the equivalent of "2 slices of bread"...

What perplexes me is... Why bread..? ? ?

Why not construe me as say...

2 tankards of Rum... and now that I am "more"... say....

with a mug of rum in the middle... ?

:P

Seee... I have an online persona as I have stated before... I was going for Rum... but got bread instead :P

raisin-bread-2.jpg

:tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One part of the local economy in Quebec that's booming during covid is marijuana. The government stores sold for $173 million during the 4th quarter so lots of people getting stoned.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Bill I think Ontario lost that much in Gov't sales. $13 in store $4-5 on the street. Price war-dealer wins.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya just never know "who" someone really is...

Anyway...

I am off.... will leave you with a song I am now going to crank up for my girl.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep,

Kind of like here when you have the government run liquor store cashiers making $26.00 per hour plus crazy benefits. Their costs are through the roof so the underground version can eat their lunch same thing happened with the cigarettes the native brands knocked the legal stuff out of the game.

That's one of the reasons I started making beer and wine from kits got tired of getting gouged by the government.

Bill I think Ontario lost that much in Gov't sales. $13 in store $4-5 on the street. Price war-dealer wins.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll leave you with this....

....the last skit is one I've always identified with the most.

Good night folks!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll leave you with this....

....the last skit is one I've always identified with the most.

Good night folks!

Now!
I'm too tired. The clip stimulates mushy brain.

A.H.'s character Benny Hill on first glance can be crass.
But the is a cinematic fusion in his work.

I'm not overlooking your point of plunging into the abyss of irony unintended, (the irony part of it).
But hey , It's still a benny Hill clip...

The fish offing itself is a laugh. Shouldn't be , but as intended , we laugh.
Benny notices the fish and it's intention.
He does not salute.
Or wave.
Or take off his hat.
Or yell , "jump! , jump!.
What he does (the look just before he tosses his boulder) is almost a double take. But it's not quite a double take. Or really acknowledgement of an irony that is soon to be followed by another irony...Or is it? The/a roundabout in comedy where a theme or events focal point gets circled back to in reference being set up....

That look on his face as the fish rises (in the instant before he lets the boulder go) is an instant of pantomime that is unique. A gem. And not easy to create and capture in the right timing.. Though he does it so well. So often it's a look that lets us in to his charade. But this particular look is more than a wink. And not meant as funny. Which , makes it funny.
Not quite W.T.Heck. More a what the heck , combined with , ain't life just a wee bit too much crazier than you/I thought is was just prior? With just a touch of , did that just happen? Oh well...
Not to be confused with Benny blinking after a stunt...L.o.l..

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning TNET FOLKS.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Rook and ARC

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a lovely day -17C feeling like-25C

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
GMorn, I see a cannon and than need one myself, than it seems everybody finds one. After today I’ll have my own. For about as long as I can remember, over memorial weekend there is someone firing off a black powder gun loaded with ashes of some dearly departed. It’s the only time my dad ever shot his. Right after sundown, the boom and fire spitting makes me giddy at 2:30am today right now?... so after all this cannon stuff I’m going to build some kind of mortar “tribute” cannon. 3 foot barrel, 3 inch bore, 1000 grains of black powder. Top of with “uncle Soaks ashes” remember when he drank too much beers and broke his fishing pole falling down, gosh I’m miss that guy.......pssssssssssssss . KaBlewwwwwie..
Do it again, do it again, ahh OK but you have to light it cause the sheriff told me last time two hours ago kind of a toy....

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Aloha AARC, ANTIQUARIAN, pepper, Fat and bill.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang....I haven't shared any wood stuff in a long time. I put the wood on instagram and its been busy to say the least. Yesterday I had a guy walk up while i was milling some teak for a yacht repair. He walked up and dropped 1750$ in my hand and walked out with 3 great slabs of cuban mahogany. What a day !! I went back to my teak milling and the phone rings....its a well known live edge artist from instagram. BANG....an entire boule/milled log out the door for 3500$. He will be sending a sprinter van across country to get it and haul it back to Seattle !! Only first class rides for cuban mahogany !! My shop partner got to the shop and was blown away when I said I had a 5000$ day !! Woooo hoooo !! Most lucrative treasure i ever went after was the exotic hardwoods.....TREASURE !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread