What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

W.D. ,here ya go!

IMG_20210609_055739940.webp

Tournaments
 
My buddy PhipsFolly saved a life yesterday. An older gent (70ish) was floundering around out in the surf on the second reef and kept getting knocked down by the waves until he couldn't keep his head up as a rip current kept pulling him under. His wife was standing on the beach waving, so Phips went down and asked her if he needed help, and she said yes. Phips jumped in with his clothes on and dragged the guy to shore. The guy was so wore out he couldn't even stand up. Then a lifeguard finally walked over and asked if everything was ok (!). Guess he was too busy working on his suntan while the guy almost drowned. (Probably would have been all over it if it had been a bikini that needed help).

Turns out the guy was a Viet Nam vet. He was wearing a bracelet that was given to him by a fellow soldier he saved in combat. (In Viet Nam these bracelets were passed on to the next person who saves your life.) He gave his bracelet to Phips. Phips didn't want to take it, but the guy said "You saved my life, just like I saved the life of the man who gave it to me. Take it."

Yes....I herd that story too....Mike is good people and would do it for any of us...its what he does !! Boatload glad you keep such good company....your a lucky man to keep his company he often trips on more treasure than most of us can find !! :tchest::tchest::tchest:
 
Hey Bart, where were you getting bottles on SThomas?
I was getting them off Tortola, but that whole place is closed....

In the water around north Hassell Island?? I think thats the name of the island ?? Old man said go up on the hill and throw a bottle off...wherever it lands you should snorkel !! He was right...I found black glass all over that island !!
 
You should do the cruise ship docks if there's no ships coming in from covid !!
 
Time to break out the rum shots and cigars.
Miss broody has 4 so far today.
2 more are cracking holes.
So cool the 2nd generation
20210609_195427.webp
 
Never gets old , seeing a new brood of chicks.
Pick one up in time ,and ask it , "tell me your hard luck story."

Peep ,Peep , peep!
l.o.l..

After they hatched out we used to put the hen under a crate with slats wide enough for the chicks to fit through. Out away from the coop and fenced chicken yard awhile.
Chicks would be out wandering about , till momma sounded the alarm. Then they'd all race for the crate....
 
Morn.
 
Good Morning Pepper.
 
Congratulations on your new little family pepper !! Wish my wife would let us have chickens !!
 
Congratulations on your new little family pepper !! Wish my wife would let us have chickens !!

Oh I hear you, the side of reasoning, better judgement, sensibility.

It took a few years, but we got them, then it was no way having more, then it was no to the broody sitting on the eggs-to I had to move to another section-with the unhatched/newly hatched before the days end.

The Mrs is the top hen protector at times-once you get them it's a real adventure.

Just get the kids on board...:laughing7:

Took little Pips for a ride over to the field the other day to help me (need company) sometimes.
So after her feast out of grubs, worms, clover it was her way of saying time to go home again.
She just rides on my lap, cooing little sounds while driving as she knows a treat is coming/or she's going back home.
20210608_151423.webp
 
Congratulations on your new little family pepper !! Wish my wife would let us have chickens !!

Good Morning Bart

Is that your new Pillar or a pic of the one they company found?
 
Good morning folks.
 
Thats the one the company guys found....I hope to get down to keywest and find some more for those guys....not sure if they'll be able to spot the cobbs !!
 
Thats the one the company guys found....I hope to get down to keywest and find some more for those guys....not sure if they'll be able to spot the cobbs !!
Okay, I got it straight now.

Gee if the finder wasn't into treasure hunting before, I'm thinking that might be a game changer.

I can hear the story version now:
What got you interested in this hobby?

Reply: While working one day I spotted this 8 Reales in the sand pile.......

Thinking response of readership: Ya right buddy....:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom