What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Jim,

At 7:15 with the humidex it's about 90f. Might take it a tad easy this afternoon....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Good morning, ARC, Bill, Fat, Pepperj, rook, and all ye other pirates!

I had a busy weekend. I started trying to detect Saturday. My knee only allowed me to for about 1/2 hour. I was in a lot of pain and very bummed out. I planted my mom?s irises in front of the shed. Kinda funny because I think they are the wild irises she snagged from my farm anyway. Looks good/approval from the mr. spray painted a planter I had bought her, mowed around the shed and cemetery. Mowed about 1/8 of the garden down. The thistles are just too much. Took lots of naps in between because the heat got to me. Sunday I had to crawl under the shed with a Jack and level the shed so my door would open all the way. We went and delivered a flag box to my cousin and she gave me an iron gate that our uncle had given her years ago. Took it back to the shed and temporarily placed it and noticed the marker had fallen off. Searched for it/no luck. Trimmed branches off trees all around the shed. Searched for the marker. Nadda. Skies got ugly, went inside. Went back out and searched. This was getting dang ridiculous! Broke out the metal detector. Even stuck it in the pond thinking it might have rolled in. Finally, mr WD found it. It rolled close to the house. Came in and tried to research it. No luck. Gonna be hotter today. Need to make dr appointment today. This knee is interfering with my fun.
 
Morning WD.
 
Hay was going for $80-100 for a large round bale last winter.
A regular sized bale right now is $70 to $75 here on STT....

Power out again, not even a storm..11 hours on Friday...was at least 12 hours yesterday..

Due to the incredible amount of planning, the internet and most cell towers do not have backup power, so commo is lost...
 
Morning WD
No fun having a cranky knee when you want to have fun.
Let's be on the level here, is there no back up warranty for the she-shed?
The heat is on-dud 8 hrs in the berry patch yesterday. 6 litres of water and some had the electrolytes in them.Still had a headache last night from it.
Paying for it a tad this morning, but still have a barn clean out conveyor to cut out and move this morning from one of the permissions.
Nothing like a work project for a hot day.
 
Stay hydrated. Do you drink electrolyte drinks? Gatorade/powerade? Drink drink drink. It's the only defense if you have to work in this heat. It is going to get cooler by the end of the week. More like spring.
Warranty on the shed? LOL Till death do us part. He has been waiting on my son to come over and crawl underneath. Too tight of a fit for the MR. I got tired of waiting and said I would risk getting stuck. But doing the army crawl in reverse was a challenge. :laughing9:
 
I am looking at purchasing an underwater detector and I am torn between two. The Fisher CZ-21 and the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks Jim
 
Mornin all.

My estimates in the early eighties of having a horse , shoed , and farrier floating teeth , vet bills , and grain and hay ran $2000 a year.
Which I didn't have.
I rotated pastures on 12 acres and was constantly digging post holes and cutting trees for posts.. To maintain and expand.
Even used a borrowed homemade scythe one year for cutting beyond pasture , when a border was slacking off on pay and I had to ration hay.

Carrying water in winter was a young mans game , but I was up to it.
Today I'd have been bringing the horses to the house for water instead.....
 
I get dehydrated all the time. Sometimes I get dizzy.

Gatorade then water, then fifteen minutes or so and more Gatorade then water, repeat.

Seattle was 108* yesterday, and most houses in those parts don't have basements much less air conditioning. It's gotta be rough.
 
Stay hydrated. Do you drink electrolyte drinks? Gatorade/powerade? Drink drink drink. It's the only defense if you have to work in this heat. It is going to get cooler by the end of the week. More like spring.
Warranty on the shed? LOL Till death do us part. He has been waiting on my son to come over and crawl underneath. Too tight of a fit for the MR. I got tired of waiting and said I would risk getting stuck. But doing the army crawl in reverse was a challenge. :laughing9:

I have never drank either-Gatorade/powerade.
I get a powder
mixture from the health food store and just put a tsp in 500ml bottle of water.
Do one a day of those maybe 2 in the hot, weather.
I can tolerate the heat pretty well over many as I don't carry any weight so it's not too bad.
 
Jim,

Likewise I pretty much stick to water to keep hydrated. There was a time not many years ago I'd be detecting midday during crazy hot spells like today.

I smartened up and stick to mornings mostly.
 
Morning.
 
Good morning forum followers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom