What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Alright... off to be a Wizard.

bbl.

Steady as she goes... and hold fast.
 



 
Last edited:
Morning OV:hello:

How's the heat in your parts?

Just heard the the western provinces are suffering a heat wave.
 
Hello hello hello.....wazz up peeps !!
 
Good morning RCT
 
Morning ARC, ESP, pepper, OV, bill and bart
 
Good morning!!
3:51 here bed time me thinks........
God night!!
 
Morning Rook, Bill

Bill did you get the storms yesterday evening?
Saw a lot of cells going your way, we got a dribble in the evening 2 minutes.
Though we got a good soaking in the morning 3/4" by looks of what was in the containers.
 
Jim,

It rained here most of the day and into the night everything was still wet this a.m. when I got up.

Everything seems to have grown overnight in the garden. The kale, swiss chard, bok choy and lettuce is going crazy we'll be eating greens like bunny rabbits for the next while...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
 
Mornin all.

ESP1776:

You're there. Might as well make it home for now.
Prices and availability of stuff elsewhere is kinda steep .

One bite at a time when facing a roasted elephant.
Roof.
Foundation.
With those secured intact , you have a start.

Well pumps vary. So do wells! Oh boy the fights I've had to get water out of a well that shouldn't have worked.
And pumps. Cripes , pumps.

Story time!
About loosened the house from it's foundation getting the fuel oil furnace to fire up when my antics resulted in a kaboom!. A neglected furnace acquired with my "interesting" first house I bought.
So coming home to a cold house was seldom a surprise. But , after an extended time away in the cold the former Mrs. seemed annoyed enough one time that I had the furnace replaced.

The well was missing components. Siphoning water off the top of the standpipe is the best description I have for how it worked... So there were fights with it at times.

We came home from a week of tenting / deer hunting in the snow , looking forward to heat of course , but a shower too.
Pump had run and run and run during our absence till the capacitor blew up like a jumbo firecracker from the looks of things. Pump was , well kinda warm , more like hot...

Remember well pits? Spider havens. But cool in summer at least. The contactors kinda like old auto ignition points often got cruddy. Or fried. They were adjustable (most anyways) for where to have the pump kick on and off. Requiring a working accurate gauge to know how much pressure in the low pressure (vs city pressure) systems.
I added a new gauge in tandem with the older one once. Of course they argued.
I forget the oldest system I had's air volume control diaphragms proper name. Replaced multiples. Try finding one of them local at most stores today and it would be frustrating I'd imagine.

It'll all work out somehow. Always does.
Break big looking tasks down to doable , by priority. After sorting out priority.
You two are on a great site. That's more than lots of folks are. (!)

Then there are pressure tanks. Bladder tanks with leaks are no delight. But it happens eventually.

Shallow well pump. Deep well pump. Jet pump. Submersible pump. Hand pump. L.o.l...
 
You know, I don't have to be me.. that's the power of the internet..you can be anyone you want to be!
You can even be Jeff Gordon or Dale Earnhardt..
Take your pick..

I'm back for one reason only, I helped make this site what it was in the early days.
I love TNet!
My home away from home.

Let's face it, most of the hobbies us older generations enjoy, are but an afterthought of today's youth!
They want no part in anything that they can't get from their hand held computer aka, their phones.

I'm back because I don't want the FLAG ship to sink!
 
Mornin all.

ESP1776:

You're there. Might as well make it home for now.
Prices and availability of stuff elsewhere is kinda steep .

One bite at a time when facing a roasted elephant.
Roof.
Foundation.
With those secured intact , you have a start.

Well pumps vary. So do wells! Oh boy the fights I've had to get water out of a well that shouldn't have worked.
And pumps. Cripes , pumps.

Story time!
About loosened the house from it's foundation getting the fuel oil furnace to fire up when my antics resulted in a kaboom!. A neglected furnace acquired with my "interesting" first house I bought.
So coming home to a cold house was seldom a surprise. But , after an extended time away in the cold the former Mrs. seemed annoyed enough one time that I had the furnace replaced.

The well was missing components. Siphoning water off the top of the standpipe is the best description I have for how it worked... So there were fights with it at times.

We came home from a week of tenting / deer hunting in the snow , looking forward to heat of course , but a shower too.
Pump had run and run and run during our absence till the capacitor blew up like a jumbo firecracker from the looks of things. Pump was , well kinda warm , more like hot...

Remember well pits? Spider havens. But cool in summer at least. The contactors kinda like old auto ignition points often got cruddy. Or fried. They were adjustable (most anyways) for where to have the pump kick on and off. Requiring a working accurate gauge to know how much pressure in the low pressure (vs city pressure) systems.
I added a new gauge in tandem with the older one once. Of course they argued.
I forget the oldest system I had's air volume control diaphragms proper name. Replaced multiples. Try finding one of them local at most stores today and it would be frustrating I'd imagine.

It'll all work out somehow. Always does.
Break big looking tasks down to doable , by priority. After sorting out priority.
You two are on a great site. That's more than lots of folks are. (!)

Then there are pressure tanks. Bladder tanks with leaks are no delight. But it happens eventually.

Shallow well pump. Deep well pump. Jet pump. Submersible pump. Hand pump. L.o.l...

Its a pit type Well setup.
Pump and bladder tank.
Roof is good.
Metal roof.
The foundation, that I need help with.
A mobile home.
It keeps shifting.
The tie downs are all busted.
Luckily we dodged the bullet yesterday.
They had tornadoes north and south of us last night.
In lake city and just to the south in Canadian lakes and Mecosta.
This thing would blow over if a 40mph gust hits it.

I've got a nice place here.
Any and all are welcome.
Come pitch a tent.
Bring your fifth wheel.
Its unzoned here in Osceola county.
Rails to trails is on the backside of my place.
The forest on the other side and frontage on US10.

It's certainly not quiet like it was 25 years ago.
 
Its a pit type Well setup.
Pump and bladder tank.
Roof is good.
Metal roof.
The foundation, that I need help with.
A mobile home.
It keeps shifting.
The tie downs are all busted.
Luckily we dodged the bullet yesterday.
They had tornadoes north and south of us last night.
In lake city and just to the south in Canadian lakes and Mecosta.
This thing would blow over if a 40mph gust hits it.

I've got a nice place here.
Any and all are welcome.
Come pitch a tent.
Bring your fifth wheel.
Its unzoned here in Osceola county.
Rails to trails is on the backside of my place.
The forest on the other side and frontage on US10.

It's certainly not quiet like it was 25 years ago.

I'm not up on the tiedowns.
Did stay in a trailer with cables over the roof each end , to auger(?) type anchors.
Where they contact roof surface would be my only concern.
Just checking them to see if roof coating was needed to keep it sealed well at contact points. As with the whole roof. At edges , seams , or where anything passes through the roof in particular!
 
Did a short hunt late this morning managed a WW1 era horse buckle.
 

Attachments

  • DSC04075.webp
    DSC04075.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom