What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

These have been waiting for a week .Maybe I'll just leave em here :BangHead: 009.webp
 
What's been waiting a week RTR, those shoes? Ya , I'd leave them alone too...
(I didn't notice anything else. Must be my glasses. )
 
Yes the shoes,nothing wrong w/your eyes :)
 
Looks like my little Etsy and Paypal gambit is paying off. Yesterday bought 50 shares of Paypal at 273.07 and sold this a.m. at 278.22 so only about $200 profit give or take.

The payoff was I had sold 50 shares of Etsy before that at 203.13 and bought back at 183.44 so close to $1,000 cheaper than the previous sale.

I'm holding onto 50 shares of each as a long term stake.

Bill, I had to go to Edward Jones and sign papers for the restructuring of our accounts. Why? So hubby can play with the market like you do. Well, as long as you are coming out on the plus side. Good trade.
 
Dang! $25.00 a pound? That is crazy.
 
WD, Well the 50 Etsy shares I bought at 183.44 just sold for 192.94 so another $475 for my efforts not bad for less than 1 day holding period.

Unfortunately not all the trades do this well, however, I usually only buy 1/2 of how many shares I want at first and then if they pull back I average down that way you reduce the average costs downward as well as your risk.

When the shares take a decent upward bounce I sell off 1/2 of the holdings....then wait for an opening rinse and repeat. Mind you I've been fiddling around on and off in the markets for about 40 years so lots of trial and error along the way.

Got to stick with solid companies in case your timing is off so you can hold for quite a while if need be.
 
Roger,

That probably explains why so much fish these days is fish farmed....they can compete with wild caught and still make good money.

Last Sunday they had sea bass on sale at Costco fish farmed in Greece at $28.00 Canadian funds per kilo (2.2 lbs) which works out to about $10.00 U.S. per lb. It was on ice and obviously previously frozen though.


NUTS ! The whole world is.....NUTS !
 
Last edited:
We need some return to normalcy here, not the "new" normal...but common sense normal....

We have Olympic athletes who didnt like a certain performance, drop events, because they are soo stressed out...its the FN Olympics....

but...now...its okay to quit because you are stressed...

Didnt think there was going to be a "woke" Olympics....one less thing to watch...
 
President Ford predicting Biden/ Kamela in 1989..

(to a bunch of kids!!! damn!)

 
Making my first attempt at Belizean stewed chicken with rice and beans on the side.
 
WD,

Yep and I was also managing her stock holdings....she got nervous during the covid stock meltdown spring 2020 so I switched her mostly over to cash.

I don't get as nervous about the markets as she does.....it's not like we're going to starve if the markets go south....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:





And is your wife aware of this?







Just kidding lol!
 
Bill...on the Belizian Chicken...

Instead of a pot, brown it off on the grill! Add to pot after brown off on the grill!

Yep and I was also managing her stock holdings....she got nervous during the covid stock meltdown spring 2020 so I switched her mostly over to cash.

I don't get as nervous about the markets as she does.....it's not like we're going to starve if the markets go south...

Markets are very tough these days...makes no sense...lockdowns, unemployment, yet the markets are at all time highs....
 
Last edited:
Hey Bill
That chicken recipe looks yummy ! Have to try it .But for tonight I'm keeping it simple,along w/some Great corn on the cob,and a couple cold ones:)010.webp011.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom