What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning.
 
Good morning RCT
 
Morning ARC and Rook
 
Hello and good morning to all.
 
Good morning, ARC, rook, Bill, Pepper, Bart, and all ye other pirates about to board the ship! :hello2:
 
Morning Bart, Bill, and to you WD

I think that your shore leave has been a tad lengthy WD, found a rum cellar and not sharing with the crew mates?
 
Double bonus....boss says he is gonna bring me the 18 foot maverick flats boat, and give me the title to it !! He has had it for a year and never used it. He knows I like it, and instead of selling it he's giving it to me !! I get it Monday !! What a wonderful day its been so far !!

Dang! That is a very nice bonus! Congratulations on that one! :occasion18:
 
Morning WD, pepper, bill and bart
 
Morning Bart, Bill, and to you WD

I think that your shore leave has been a tad lengthy WD, found a rum cellar and not sharing with the crew mates?


Nay! So busy, don't even have time for rum! :BangHead: We have 2 more birthdays: the 6th and the 7th, party on Sunday. I have to go shopping today. Tomorrow, I have to take my car in to get either the rotors turned or maybe the brake caliper has a leak or burst. IDK but it is bad, real bad. Sore subject too. I called and scheduled a month or so ago. My words were, " I need my tires rotated and the brakes checked. There is something going on there. They are rubbing and sticking and making an awful noise." So, what did they do? They rotated the tires and got the measurements calculated for the remaining brake pads. When my car was done, that is what they told me they did. I asked if they found the rotors need turned. "Oh, no ma'am. We didn't look for that. We always calculate the remaining brake pads when we rotate the tires." Me, "UH! What about the rubbing, and noise, and sticking?!?!" Them, " Oh, well, that's probably just your rotors need turned. You will be ok until your next service in November." (with the attitude: now go on get out of here, we have other cars to work on.) I am fit to be tied! I know I don't know about cars and the lingo, but I know when something is wrong. I hate being treated like that! We have gotten 5 vehicles from them since 2008 because they were fair on their pricing and the service department was thorough. It has gone to hades since the service manager retired a couple years ago. MR WD drove it to the airport and on the way home, he said, "You aren't driving this until it gets fixed!" And, so, I am stuck driving the 2008 Sierra.

Sorry, needed to vent.
 
Dang! That is a very nice bonus! Congratulations on that one! :occasion18:

Well WD....I had this boat in my possession for about 4 years.....a former captain in our program used some very dirty tactics to wrestle it out of my possession. This captain really betrayed me and basically stole the boat out from under me. Well this pirate wasn't gonna take it and that was the beginning of the end for us as a working team. So I informed this captain that because of his treachery and underhanded tactics that I would no longer be working with him. Once the family found out I was not going to be working with him anymore, they obviously wanted to know why. So I explained the whole delima to them and they were enraged !! This captain was made to return the boat to the family...along with some other items he had taken liberty with, and he was fired after 14 years of service. The boat was held for 1 year as things worked out and everything cooled off. Now it is being restored to me and the title transferred over. This former friend, and captain failed to realize that the quartermaster wields as much power as a captain.....he challenged me outright and now he's gone and I own the boat he tried to steal. He is gone now and the whole program has moved on....I have never talked to him again.....it was a tough patch to get through....I will not be bullied or abused and I told him that.....I have no regrets about him being fired !! He is one of very few people that I have burned the bridge completely with !! You can't punch me without expecting a counter overhand right....my counter punch was a knock out and now I have my boat back !!
 
That looks very good!

Countertop guy was the quickest of them all.Came in, did measurements and left in 2 minutes. Returned in a week later & installed under 1 hour :) 011.webp
 
Well WD....I had this boat in my possession for about 4 years.....a former captain in our program used some very dirty tactics to wrestle it out of my possession. This captain really betrayed me and basically stole the boat out from under me. Well this pirate wasn't gonna take it and that was the beginning of the end for us as a working team. So I informed this captain that because of his treachery and underhanded tactics that I would no longer be working with him. Once the family found out I was not going to be working with him anymore, they obviously wanted to know why. So I explained the whole delima to them and they were enraged !! This captain was made to return the boat to the family...along with some other items he had taken liberty with, and he was fired after 14 years of service. The boat was held for 1 year as things worked out and everything cooled off. Now it is being restored to me and the title transferred over. This former friend, and captain failed to realize that the quartermaster wields as much power as a captain.....he challenged me outright and now he's gone and I own the boat he tried to steal. He is gone now and the whole program has moved on....I have never talked to him again.....it was a tough patch to get through....I will not be bullied or abused and I told him that.....I have no regrets about him being fired !! He is one of very few people that I have burned the bridge completely with !! You can't punch me without expecting a counter overhand right....my counter punch was a knock out and now I have my boat back !!


Now with my boat back ill be able to be much more independent with my treasure hunting.....I've been restricted with out .y boat and have had to rely on islamoradamark.....now I can reciprocate and show him some wrecks in my boat....man do I have some spots to get to. So many sand bars and swim holes I couldnt reach before !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom