What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oh come on miss looney tunes
No one believes you ever told the internet where you actually live
Besides Woodville is a very nice town


Oh this one gave me a much needed hearty laugh! Thank you!

That ship sailed a few years ago with FB and all the different pages I am on. As a matter of fact, I have to take a selfie while holding my plaque and check and post it today. Yippee! So yeah, the internet knows.

I said it was a trail. I was just on 105 in June. I love driving it! Very scenic following the river. I love the historical homes in Woodville. Very beautiful! No, I don't live there, but northern Ohio has been my stomping grounds for about 20 years now. You will have the Portage and Maumee rivers to fish, plus it is just a short drive up to the lake. There are several spots along RT 2 that you can pull over and fish. Bass Pro shop is close. Magee Marsh Wildlife Area has given me some pics for posting. Oh, and that 3 story barn I posted a pic of a few years ago, that is a hop skip and a jump south.

Elmore is nearby:
. Elmore is a beautiful little countryesque town in Ottawa County. Elmore is also home of the headless ghost rider. Legend has it, a WWI veteran went to surprise his sweetheart upon his return home. Instead of waiting for his return, she had moved on with another man. The vet tore off on this motorcycle into the darkness. Country road, motorcycle, darkness, distracted driving, not a good mix. Legend says the distraught man lost control of his motorcycle and crashed. The crash was so violent he was decapitated. Apparently he comes back to the scene every March 21st.

Do you golf? Chippewa Golf Club is due north.

Gibsonburg is a neat little town, also.

And you have the Casino in Toledo. Oh, here is a tip: Do not take RT 2 through Toledo. Kind of sketchy there.

On Rt 6 there is a farm market that has the best apple cider.

Do you like to go junkin? Over on the other side of Oak Harbor is a place called Lena's Treasures. Lots of stuff in there.

Cedar Point is close.

And Wood County Historical Museum. It was originally a poor folks home. Last time we stopped there, it had a WWII theme. Not sure if they change it up or not. They also had an iron lung contraption.

Rutherford B Hayes Museum is close.

Marble Head. Johnson's Island with the Confederate Cemetery. Kelley's Island.

I have posted several threads with pics on a lot of these places back when I was on My Daily Snapshot.

Fallen Timbers site is close. I haven't gotten there yet. Probably should make that a priority with all the tearing down of monuments lately. I mean, where they gonna stop at? :dontknow:

OMG! You will have to take your wife over to Vermillion. Such a quaint little town and they have a Candy Store! And a restaurant whose specialty is cabbage rolls.

It is the Black Swamp Area and lots of artifacts could be found.

There is so much more up by the lake. I am just scratching the surface.

But, the best thing of all, you will be in Toft's ice cream area! :hello2:

On bad side: It is colder and there has been much more flooding of the roads since the state has started letting the swamp recover some original land.


Now, are we back to hurling insults at one another?
miss looney tunes
Or, is that just a one-sided thing? You hurl and I get hit?
 
Well WD....I had this boat in my possession for about 4 years.....a former captain in our program used some very dirty tactics to wrestle it out of my possession. This captain really betrayed me and basically stole the boat out from under me. Well this pirate wasn't gonna take it and that was the beginning of the end for us as a working team. So I informed this captain that because of his treachery and underhanded tactics that I would no longer be working with him. Once the family found out I was not going to be working with him anymore, they obviously wanted to know why. So I explained the whole delima to them and they were enraged !! This captain was made to return the boat to the family...along with some other items he had taken liberty with, and he was fired after 14 years of service. The boat was held for 1 year as things worked out and everything cooled off. Now it is being restored to me and the title transferred over. This former friend, and captain failed to realize that the quartermaster wields as much power as a captain.....he challenged me outright and now he's gone and I own the boat he tried to steal. He is gone now and the whole program has moved on....I have never talked to him again.....it was a tough patch to get through....I will not be bullied or abused and I told him that.....I have no regrets about him being fired !! He is one of very few people that I have burned the bridge completely with !! You can't punch me without expecting a counter overhand right....my counter punch was a knock out and now I have my boat back !!

Well, sounds like jsut rewards. I can't imagine you burning bridges with anyone. It must have been pretty bad.
 
Or, is that just a one-sided thing? You hurl and I get hit?

Yes those are Tnet rules.
I am getting ready to move, but not to Ohio. Just jerking your chain
 
Countertop guy was the quickest of them all.Came in, did measurements and left in 2 minutes. Returned in a week later & installed under 1 hour :)

Corian ( I think) with undermount sinks. Looks good. :icon_thumright: We tend to lean towards neutral colors, although, we do have a blue marble sink/top in one bathroom. I like the white cabinets. There is something about them. They seem to brighten/lighten up a room.
 
Oh come on miss looney tunes
No one believes you ever told the internet where you actually live
Besides Woodville is a very nice town




Or, is that just a one-sided thing? You hurl and I get hit?

Yes those are Tnet rules.
I am getting ready to move, but not to Ohio. Just jerking your chain

Bet I can cut that chain so your cant jerk it for a year. Next insult you throw will find it cut.
 
Or, is that just a one-sided thing? You hurl and I get hit?

Yes those are Tnet rules.
I am getting ready to move, but not to Ohio. Just jerking your chain

I kind of figured you were, but just in case, I was being neighborly.

More like a PM rule.
[h=2][/h]
 
Bet I can cut that chain so your cant jerk it for a year. Next insult you throw will find it cut.

Ah, he's just joshing with me. We been bantering for a couple years now. I give it back sometimes. Sometimes I even get a bazinga.
 
Ah, he's just joshing with me. We been bantering for a couple years now. I give it back sometimes. Sometimes I even get a bazinga.

That doesn't change the fact he is violating the rules and when some other members see it they think it is okay to insult members, so when they are called out mods are accused of being bias by allowing some to do it others get called out.
 
Bet I can cut that chain so your cant jerk it for a year. Next insult you throw will find it cut.

Did you even read her read her reaction?
Why do you assume it’s an insult?
If she was insulted she could report it.
I guess you don’t have friends that you poke fun at each other.
 
Last edited:
Corian ( I think) with undermount sinks. Looks good. :icon_thumright: We tend to lean towards neutral colors, although, we do have a blue marble sink/top in one bathroom. I like the white cabinets. There is something about them. They seem to brighten/lighten up a room.

No that one is a granite top(took 3 men to carry it in).....And at the same time they installed a quarts top in the guest BR w/ waterfall faucet 009.webp
 
Last edited:
I guess you don’t have friends that you poke fun at each other.

Aww, did you just call me a friend?


But, yes. That is how I have always took it and meant for it. So, this will be challenging. Ummmm.
 
No that one is a granite top(took 3 men to carry it in).....And at the same time they installed a quarts top in the guest BR w/ waterfall faucet
I second guessed myself. I had granite and then changed it. I would be curious to know how the quartz holds up. We were going to get that in the kitchen, but hubby wasn't familiar enough with it and if it scratched easy or not. And if it did, how hard would it be to get the scratches out. You have to be real careful with corian, but it can be buffed out. I don't know about granite either. We went with this in the bathrooms:

Marble Arch Products - Home

and the kitchen is a high def laminate. Twofold reason: 1. I am pretty clutzy and scratch and nick countertops. 2. It would be cheaper to replace should we decide we want a change (or need to replace).
 
I second guessed myself. I had granite and then changed it. I would be curious to know how the quartz holds up. We were going to get that in the kitchen, but hubby wasn't familiar enough with it and if it scratched easy or not. And if it did, how hard would it be to get the scratches out. You have to be real careful with corian, but it can be buffed out. I don't know about granite either. We went with this in the bathrooms:

Marble Arch Products - Home

and the kitchen is a high def laminate. Twofold reason: 1. I am pretty clutzy and scratch and nick countertops. 2. It would be cheaper to replace should we decide we want a change (or need to replace).

Ar far as holding up... Dunno But it will outlast me I'm thinking.:dontknow:
 
I second guessed myself. I had granite and then changed it. I would be curious to know how the quartz holds up. We were going to get that in the kitchen, but hubby wasn't familiar enough with it and if it scratched easy or not. And if it did, how hard would it be to get the scratches out. You have to be real careful with corian, but it can be buffed out. I don't know about granite either. We went with this in the bathrooms:

Marble Arch Products - Home

and the kitchen is a high def laminate. Twofold reason: 1. I am pretty clutzy and scratch and nick countertops. 2. It would be cheaper to replace should we decide we want a change (or need to replace).

Mornin all.
I'm a knife guy. Finesse , skill , precision and accuracy.
We counted 300 or so of Dads. He and I had a friendly competition in which he stayed ahead of me. Plus his knife builds...
Not sure how many I have. Junk ones don't count but there's probably over a hundred suitable for the kitchen.

So ,you'd think I'd not even scratch a counter top with a knife.
One sleepy morning feeding the dogs , I took a new "chub" of food out of the fridge to cut in half.
Grabbed a large knife and instead of the usual slicing through it with a protective backer (not that I need one for my skilled hand) hit it once on the counter to split it.
There is now one heck of a gouge in the counter top edge....:BangHead:
 
I second guessed myself. I had granite and then changed it. I would be curious to know how the quartz holds up. We were going to get that in the kitchen, but hubby wasn't familiar enough with it and if it scratched easy or not. And if it did, how hard would it be to get the scratches out. You have to be real careful with corian, but it can be buffed out. I don't know about granite either. We went with this in the bathrooms:

Marble Arch Products - Home

and the kitchen is a high def laminate. Twofold reason: 1. I am pretty clutzy and scratch and nick countertops. 2. It would be cheaper to replace should we decide we want a change (or need to replace).
They sell Real Nice Quarts Tops with Gold veins running thru,but I got voted out on that one.:BangHead::tongue3:
 
Looks like my little Etsy and Paypal gambit is paying off. Yesterday bought 50 shares of Paypal at 273.07 and sold this a.m. at 278.22 so only about $200 profit give or take.

The payoff was I had sold 50 shares of Etsy before that at 203.13 and bought back at 183.44 so close to $1,000 cheaper than the previous sale.

I'm holding onto 50 shares of each as a long term stake.
 
Mornin all.
I'm a knife guy. Finesse , skill , precision and accuracy.
We counted 300 or so of Dads. He and I had a friendly competition in which he stayed ahead of me. Plus his knife builds...
Not sure how many I have. Junk ones don't count but there's probably over a hundred suitable for the kitchen.

So ,you'd think I'd not even scratch a counter top with a knife.
One sleepy morning feeding the dogs , I took a new "chub" of food out of the fridge to cut in half.
Grabbed a large knife and instead of the usual slicing through it with a protective backer (not that I need one for my skilled hand) hit it once on the counter to split it.
There is now one heck of a gouge in the counter top edge....:BangHead:

Good morning, rc.

See, it happens to even the most skilled.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom