What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oak island has been cow pattied to death.
Go for the gold-there's gold in those hills.

Went to the land of down under.
Petted a Joey, shadow boxed with a Kangaroo.
But wishing I had looked for gold, a dream that was never fulfilled.

Oh well better luck on the next kick at the can. (That's if there's another chance)

Oak Island...I've watched every single episode.
Australian diggers.... That country has Tons of gold yet to be found. But the heat & bugs will see to it it stays right there :)

Well....I think I might owe these two shows a bit of gratitude. Not for their drama, etc. But, rather because they reminded me of the reason I started this hobby. History and research.

I used to be very good at researching! Over the last few years I've simply gotten lazy. I just pick a spot and start walking. Mostly using the blind squirrel method.

I've been complaining lately at how I can't even find a wheat cent anymore. But, did I try to do anything about it? No. Just go to the same places over and over and over! Sometimes, even the same ground!!

I don't watch these shows, normally. Just got a passing interest. But when they were discussing the research, it reminded me. I now have a lil more interest in doing the actual work in this hobby. Will my finds improve? Maybe. But at least I'll be remembering that history traveled this ground before me. I'll be doing more looking for clues in my finds now rather than worrying about "just another zincoln!".

We'll see.
 
Good morning RCT
 
Morning TreasureNet Crew
 
Morning Rook.
 
Morning Rook and ARC
 
Morning Pepper
 
Well....I think I might owe these two shows a bit of gratitude. Not for their drama, etc. But, rather because they reminded me of the reason I started this hobby. History and research.

I used to be very good at researching! Over the last few years I've simply gotten lazy. I just pick a spot and start walking. Mostly using the blind squirrel method.

I've been complaining lately at how I can't even find a wheat cent anymore. But, did I try to do anything about it? No. Just go to the same places over and over and over! Sometimes, even the same ground!!

I don't watch these shows, normally. Just got a passing interest. But when they were discussing the research, it reminded me. I now have a lil more interest in doing the actual work in this hobby. Will my finds improve? Maybe. But at least I'll be remembering that history traveled this ground before me. I'll be doing more looking for clues in my finds now rather than worrying about "just another zincoln!".

We'll see.

Its like fast cars ,Once its in your blood , its in for life:)
 
What is fast?

In your opinion....

Well, I've been 140 plus a couple times (not in the Cobra) and things seem to move by "Fast" .:dontknow: I blew my 427 at 145 one night(2 AM) in my Vet.That was fast & expensive.But "Fast" could also be 3+ times the posted speed in a hairpin turn :)
 
But then again speed is all relative. And As we speak, we all are traveling 67,000 MPH thru space :):thumbsup:
 
Since most of us haven't been travelling here's a little city tour in Split, Croatia the downtown core was the retirement home/castle of a Roman Emperor.

 
Morning ARC, bill, pepper, RTR and the rest of the crew coming on today.
 
Zero to 60 at/or below 4 seconds I would consider fast (for a street car) even by today's standards https://accelerationtimes.com/models/ac-cobra-427

I buried the speedo on the /99 Lightning after the chip upgrade (220/140+) and it seemed to hug the road nicely. Short run of only a couple of miles then coasted down.

With the Mrs it was just the on ramp pulls from 20-90MPH-then it was "That's fast enough" She liked the pull....(So I did a lot of on ramp pulls when she was with me):laughing7:

Probably the fastest was in my buddy's /72 Charger-buried the speedo that went up to 150MPH. (13-1 ratio, could obtain 90mph in 2nd gear.)
We were hydroplaning from one side of the highway to another.

I remember the words spoken from him "They'll never know-will they" I just looked over calmly and replied "Nope".

This was done on a straight stretch, down hill grade of 2% or less, with a short hill at the end and a steeper grade on the other side-had 2+ miles of straight road.

Looking at the safety of features of the /72-there would of been just 5 more notches of the wall if something would have happened because nobody would of walked at that speed.

Between my older sibling we did a count of the folks we knew that lost their lives from DWI/racing/accidents and we stopped at 46-just a small town/city-mountain roads.

Lost a childhood friend, she hit a fuel truck in her Superbird-put 4 folks in a shoebox.

Fast cars were always around in the blood-still miss the acceleration of the Lightning(435hp/535torgue)

Getting to the age of sensibility-but the urning is still deep.

Though the stunt driving laws are a factor 50KPH/30MPH over.

[FONT=&quot]The penalty for stunt driving includes:[/FONT]

  • 6 demerit points.
  • fine between $2,000 – $10,000.
  • possible jail up to 6 months.
  • 7 day impoundment of vehicle.
  • immediate 7 day driver licence suspension.
  • possible further 2 year suspension upon conviction.
  • 100 percent increase to insurance rates.
 
But then again speed is all relative. And As we speak, we all are traveling 67,000 MPH thru space :):thumbsup:

The website WhereIsRoadster estimates that the car is 17.3 million miles from Mars, moving away at a speed of 20,189 mph. Starman is 32.4 million miles from Earth, moving away from our planet at a speed of 2,062 mph.

I'm wondering if this has been included in the Tesla overall milage rating for the battery capability ?
:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
The website WhereIsRoadster estimates that the car is 17.3 million miles from Mars, moving away at a speed of 20,189 mph. Starman is 32.4 million miles from Earth, moving away from our planet at a speed of 2,062 mph.

I'm wondering if this has been included in the Tesla overall milage rating for the battery capability ?
:laughing7:

Wonder what "they" will think when that car reaches another life form on a distant planet :)
 
pepperj
One winter on lake George NY we did almost 130.Then the driver turned the wheel sharp and we were doing 120 sideways...Now that was a rush :) Looking out the side door window at 120 LOL
That guy was a born speed freak.Drove w/ him a couple times in his Pantera & Ferrari and a couple times was enough for me.
 
Well....I think I might owe these two shows a bit of gratitude. Not for their drama, etc. But, rather because they reminded me of the reason I started this hobby. History and research.

I used to be very good at researching! Over the last few years I've simply gotten lazy. I just pick a spot and start walking. Mostly using the blind squirrel method.

I've been complaining lately at how I can't even find a wheat cent anymore. But, did I try to do anything about it? No. Just go to the same places over and over and over! Sometimes, even the same ground!!

I don't watch these shows, normally. Just got a passing interest. But when they were discussing the research, it reminded me. I now have a lil more interest in doing the actual work in this hobby. Will my finds improve? Maybe. But at least I'll be remembering that history traveled this ground before me. I'll be doing more looking for clues in my finds now rather than worrying about "just another zincoln!".

We'll see.
Good points, Sir WIF. We stopped watching it, because it has been drug out. In the back of my mind, I think that is how it goes with treasure hunting. One could search for years before finding it or finding out it was a wild goose chase. I do like the history that they have dug up. History fascinates me, even the history of my insignificant little poor farm. I was disappointed that they didn't utilize Gary more from the get go. I think that ended up giving him a bad rep. I would not have known about him, had it not been for the show, though. I have looked at his website and read his past posts from tnet. He has found quite a but of treasures.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom