What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20210813_170001.webp
20210813_165927.webp
Scouting a new hole...got in for an hour...saw signs of digging, but got a silver ring in 15 minutes !! Need a partner for this one...I feel like bait all alone way out there !!
 
Roger,

The amount of gold in the Australian outback is amazing. Many years ago I used to keep in touch with a fellow by the name of Brian from OZ he spent a months' vacation in the outback and sent me pictures when he visited the local town for supplies.

Don't remember the exact amount but somewhere between 12 and 18 ounces of nuggets. I lost the pictures when I changed computers unfortunately.

Here's a bonus OBN's gold rings for 2019 they were posted on Tnet so shouldn't be an issue.

Their digging some serious holes >> https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/features/top-five-gold-mines-australia/
 
Good evening, pirates! It's been busy this week. I got an old tablet fired up and installed Tapatalk. It is a little different than my phone. It might take me a while to catch up. But by golly, I can see the posts and pics better!
 
Our treasure attorney Dave Horan has petitioned the courts for us to have the Isaac allertons anchor salvaged. We now have to come up with a salvage plan and get this anchor up and out of the water....she's a beast and is planned to go between the mel fisher museum and the shipwreck museum....it will be the largest anchor on display in the keys. Its a beast built for a 500 ton sailing ship !!
That sounds cool!
 
Well WD... ships in your hands now :)

Gotta get horizontal... C u n am.
 
WD,

Glad to see you're being pulled slowly kicking and screaming out of the dinosaur era tech wise....sorry to devil made me do it...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Good evening, pirates! It's been busy this week. I got an old tablet fired up and installed Tapatalk. It is a little different than my phone. It might take me a while to catch up. But by golly, I can see the posts and pics better!
 
Well, I can't watch videos. I will need to figure out the updates.

RE: Shark attack - I do hope the guy is recovering well.

Re: TV - I am not allowed to control the remote, so it is off when the boss is not around. I do get on movie kicks every now and then, especially at the lake.

Re: OV - Nice fish!

Re: storms - has anyone heard anything from xaos?

We have had some good storms also. Lightening struck one of my dad's trees. Hoping it heals from it. I would hate to have it cut down. We lost power a couple times.
 
WD,

Glad to see you're being pulled slowly kicking and screaming out of the dinosaur era tech wise....sorry to devil made me do it...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Lol! This thing is a few years old! Nuvision by android. It is different. I will say that.
 
I retired out a few months ago, been travelling. Its great to be out of the D.C. area. Been out metal detecting a great deal in Montana wyoming Colorado and Utah. Where going to hanging out here near cawdrey for about 2 more weeks and then move on. Not sure were just yet. Looking to end up in Alaska by winter.
 
Oak Island...I've watched every single episode.
Australian diggers.... That country has Tons of gold yet to be found. But the heat & bugs will see to it it stays right there :)

Well I'm kind of thinking that the bugs is a tad over blown.
From camping in a pup tent for 6+ weeks. There was only a few things that kind of did a say what.
One was a Gila monster having the daily feed on some full disposable diapers beside a VW camper-kind of lost some respect for that lizard after renting space in our heads for decades. :laughing7:

Huntsman spider in the car-I thought I would have to torch the car before I got it out-another spine chilling event,
You do shake the boots out in the morning to make sure the nightly guest have departed.
In the States there's the fire ants-in the down under they're called piss-mires :dontknow: probably close in what they feel like when a person has contact.
Check the outhouse toilet seat for the Red Back spider.
House flies-now they are totally out of control-counted over a 150 on the Mrs back one evening-then after dark the great metamorphosis happens and they turn into moths-crazy.
Snorkeling on the Great Barrier reef-
Query: To the captain: What happens if we sink and there's a shark?
Answer: "Stab the bloke closest to you"

Swimming down 10 or so feet and rubbing the opening of a giant clam-a memory ingrained for life.
 
I retired out a few months ago, been travelling. Its great to be out of the D.C. area. Been out metal detecting a great deal in Montana wyoming Colorado and Utah. Where going to hanging out here near cawdrey for about 2 more weeks and then move on. Not sure were just yet. Looking to end up in Alaska by winter.

Geesh! I thought you retired a while ago. Good to see you back.
 
So the tablet was short lived . Battery died. Then the power was going off and on. Maybe a tree branch or something else??? Back to the phone.
 
Right now, the Taliban is hunting down every person who helped us...............And we are doing NOTHING.

We did the almost the same exact thing back in the 80's, which is what led to 9/11.


The Founding Fathers would be disgusted with us if they could see what is happening.
 
Phil,

Unfortunate the Afghans have been left high and dry...Canada has sent in planes to evacuate our embassy personal and Afghan collaboraters.


Right now, the Taliban is hunting down every person who helped us...............And we are doing NOTHING.

We did the almost the same exact thing back in the 80's, which is what led to 9/11.


The Founding Fathers would be disgusted with us if they could see what is happening.
 
Oddjob,

Enjoy your time travelling and detecting and glad to have you back with us buddy.



I retired out a few months ago, been travelling. Its great to be out of the D.C. area. Been out metal detecting a great deal in Montana wyoming Colorado and Utah. Where going to hanging out here near cawdrey for about 2 more weeks and then move on. Not sure were just yet. Looking to end up in Alaska by winter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom