What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

[h=1]Friday the 13th bike rally in Port Dover will be a 'non-event'[/h]Typically, when a Friday the 13th lands in the summer months, the town can see up to 200,000 people arrive for the festivities.
"The biker community was really respectful of the fact that we were in a pandemic,”

Gee
[FONT=proxima-nova, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]south of the border there's an event in Sturges-700,000 to attend.

Wonder how things will turn out to be........
[/FONT]
 
Happened to us at 2 am. on Monday morning, the humidity was so thick it set off the detector.
Squacking-FIRE! FIRE! Strobe light a flashing-2 cats a fleeing, one German Shepard in full attack bark mode. :BangHead:

The Mrs turned on the air conditioning and closed the windows, I rolled over and went ZZzzzzzzzz.......:laughing7:

Yup....sounds about the same except no German Shepard.
 
LOL:BangHead: our dog could sleep thru a nuclear attack 2011_0815Mttohuntdeer4th0025.webp
 

Thats exactly it Treasure Hunter. This spot is 1 block from my bosses house. They will never get back in the water and this will affect my job....I myself am shaken and have lobster fished here all my life....I have seen bull sharks here and have caught large lemon shark here regularly. Great debate is going on right now about whether there is some cover up is going on.....the wound looks very much like a outboard prop strike....the shin bone is severed and I don't see the tell tale teeth pattern. Either way its all disturbing. The picture in the article shows the exact spot where it happened....when your stiring up the bottom and there are lobsters making noise, and all the shark sees is flailing flippers in a large cloud of sand.....well you are in a vulnerable position !! Every time I jump over on the treasure boat and they send me down in the silt bottom in 50 ft. With zero vis....I think about this scenario....you can't help it from creeping into your brain !! Very disturbing when it is literally in your back yard !!
 
Well I gotta go,do something,even if its wrong,see ya:)
 
Screenshot_20210813-085719_MyRadar.webp here we go....let's get it on !!
 
20210813_092516.webp20210813_092535.webp20210812_085549.webp
Last snorkel....10k hoop, silver "Dream" ring, silver star and stone stud earring, and silver and stone dangle earring. Not much but every gram counts !!
 
Fake pearl stud earring too...not pictured. Got my 2 spots pretty clean. Islamoradamark is coming up key to see me....thinks he may have a Spanish treasure coin !!
 
Bart,
Glad you managed to get some keepers and as you say every gram counts....I remember many years ago hitting a primary school and was finding bits and bites small gold pendants, etc...

All told probably about 10 grams and at today's prices still worth a bit of loot....They're still around the house somewhere or other....lol.
 
Bart,
Glad you managed to get some keepers and as you say every gram counts....I remember many years ago hitting a primary school and was finding bits and bites small gold pendants, etc...

All told probably about 10 grams and at today's prices still worth a bit of loot....They're still around the house somewhere or other....lol.

I found a gold looking dinner ring the other day cleaning up some stuff.
Remember digging it, but not when or where, or even if it's gold.
Sort of bent up, now that I remember I should put the loop to it and see.
Maybe take it for a bit of a bath also. (Now where is it again):laughing7:
 
Bart
Deep water salvage just lifted a 7,500 pound,3 ft. Dia. Primavera Blond Mahogany log that was submerged for 80 years off the NJ shore.$$$
 
Well,whats on the fun & games list for today guys?

....Hello everbody, early dinner today, burgers on the grill are my favorite. I serviced my best girls car and my sisters, there are 10? or so headed to Lincoln tomorrow, Garth Brooks concert.
Ill take all the children fishing or something like, our town has a free swimming pool but it closed for the year couple days ago..
Have a great weekend!
 
....Hello everbody, early dinner today, burgers on the grill are my favorite. I serviced my best girls car and my sisters, there are 10? or so headed to Lincoln tomorrow, Garth Brooks concert.
Ill take all the children fishing or something like, our town has a free swimming pool but it closed for the year couple days ago..
Have a great weekend!

Gee Garth or
Children and fishing?
Like that's a hard one to figure out.....:icon_scratch:
Best of luck and fun while your out fishing.
 
Haven't been paying attention.

Just wondering.....what're you guys' opinions on two shows.

"Curse of Oak Island"
And....the show about Australian Gold diggers?
 
Haven't been paying attention.

Just wondering.....what're you guys' opinions on two shows.

"Curse of Oak Island"
And....the show about Australian Gold diggers?

Oak island has been cow pattied to death.
Go for the gold-there's gold in those hills.

Went to the land of down under.
Petted a Joey, shadow boxed with a Kangaroo.
But wishing I had looked for gold, a dream that was never fulfilled.

Oh well better luck on the next kick at the can. (That's if there's another chance)
 
They did it again:BangHead::BangHead:
My boat registration came in the mail today FOR THE SECOND TIME and guess what ......For the second time they have spelled my name wrong :(
 
Haven't been paying attention.

Just wondering.....what're you guys' opinions on two shows.

"Curse of Oak Island"
And....the show about Australian Gold diggers?

Oak Island...I've watched every single episode.
Australian diggers.... That country has Tons of gold yet to be found. But the heat & bugs will see to it it stays right there :)
 
Roger,

The amount of gold in the Australian outback is amazing. Many years ago I used to keep in touch with a fellow by the name of Brian from OZ he spent a months' vacation in the outback and sent me pictures when he visited the local town for supplies.

Don't remember the exact amount but somewhere between 12 and 18 ounces of nuggets. I lost the pictures when I changed computers unfortunately.

Here's a bonus OBN's gold rings for 2019 they were posted on Tnet so shouldn't be an issue.
 

Attachments

  • obn 2019 gold rings.webp
    obn 2019 gold rings.webp
    40 KB · Views: 37
Having eggplant parmesan for supper and I'll whip up a salad on the side.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom