What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Some younger neighbours of ours I've befriended are having a street party for the crew. I dropped off a pie(commercial unfortunately due to lack of time). I also whipped up a large tomato salad with our organic tomatoes both yellow and red.

I went over earlier and shared a beer with some of the attendees in front of the house. The missus wasn't comfortable joining in since the back yard was where most of the action was and the distancing, etc....was somewhat crowded.

Kind of sad these days of uncertainty most of us are living. I think most of us are suffering from covid fatigue these days the attendees are a bunch of nice people and in normal times I probaby would have hung out with them until the wee hours.
 
Mornin.
 
When one lives in a mobile home and a weather event like Ida comes along, and this read in the warning, it's a flee-not stay event.


"- Structural damage to sturdy buildings, some with complete roofand wall failures. Complete destruction of mobile homes. Damage
greatly accentuated by large airborne projectiles. Locations
may be uninhabitable for weeks or months."

Yet there will be many that think they're invincible, or it's in the hands of a higher power, as it will protect them from all evils.
This mind set only adds to the senseless fatality count at the end of the storm.
Heed the history of Katrina, then one will respect the forces of nature, for what will certainly mirror that event over the next 24-48 hrs.
Wishing all in the effected areas to be safe-please don't be a hero thinker.
 
Jim,

Just go a few trickles here also hopefully some serious rain overnight...if not back to watering the garden.

Woke up this morning and looked at the rainfall amounts-and now what the early light has shown as the rain gauge has stated-DRY AS A POPCORN FART!!:BangHead:

How can 80% rain still miss us? Must of fallen in the 20%

I should of left the truck window open-then I wouldn't have to water.:laughing7:
 
Jim,

Appears we got a decent amount of rain overnight....more in the forecast for today.
 
Just short of cat 5, the gusts are 165mph as of 12pm
[FONT=&quot]Name:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Ida[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Observed:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Sun Aug 29 2021[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] HU [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Category:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Category 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speed:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 150 mph[/FONT]
 
Top of the day to you RC. :hello:
 
Just short of cat 5, the gusts are 165mph as of 12pm
[FONT="]Name:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] Ida[/FONT]
[FONT="]Observed:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] Sun Aug 29 2021[/FONT]
[FONT="]Type:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] HU [/FONT]
[FONT="]Category:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] Category 4[/FONT]
[FONT="]Speed:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] 150 mph[/FONT]

Whats a HU ?:tongue3:
 
HU = hurricane!

Already had 3 calls today to mobilize...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom