What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Most of the times, we will pre-position some assets around an event...honestly, I am not sure WTF is going on....a Major HU and barely a peep!

Got a few calls to see if I was available...
but damn....we should already be enroute...

maybe we left all of our helos in Afghanistan
 
Bart... now we are entering peak... and i am not liking the one coming off Africa... and I just want to post both of these story links FOR ALL IN THE RCT as well.LINKS

READ WHAT HAPPENED when this hit... 1935 "Labor Day hurricane" which i recommend read... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1935_Labor_Day_hurricane

Then read this one... been 100 years this year for this area... 1921 "Tampa Bay hurricane"... Not as bad... BUT>.. Nothing was really here then...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1921_Tampa_Bay_hurricane
 
Easy peasy for supper some tomato sauce from our garden tomatoes with spaghetti and a side salad.
 
Not sure if the storm made it to a Cat 5 or not... but it must have come close.

I guessed 5... i saw it earlier at 150... which is only 6-7 miles per hour difference.

It made land fall... and i see current is 130.

sheesh... which can be still catastrophic.
 
Yes it a big one or as someone says Bigly
 
I'm here on the north coast of Maine in a cottage with The Little Woman, a bottle of bourbon, and wonky internet. Ain't life grand?
 
I'm here on the north coast of Maine in a cottage with The Little Woman, a bottle of bourbon, and wonky internet. Ain't life grand?

Well yes it is when you put it like that :)
 
Bart... now we are entering peak... and i am not liking the one coming off Africa... and I just want to post both of these story links FOR ALL IN THE RCT as well.LINKS

READ WHAT HAPPENED when this hit... 1935 "Labor Day hurricane" which i recommend read... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1935_Labor_Day_hurricane

Then read this one... been 100 years this year for this area... 1921 "Tampa Bay hurricane"... Not as bad... BUT>.. Nothing was really here then...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1921_Tampa_Bay_hurricane

I was in your neck of the woods in Fla. in 69 when Camille hit .
 
No... i have not... if you get one... lemme know how it goes.

Yeah I like how you can turn it on/off .Its too heavy to throw ,but would work off a boat:)
 
attachment.php


For a few hours I was thinking it was heading right for New Orleans, now it turned at 8pm. Quite the hook it was doing.
 

Attachments

  • FD8A2C9E-E66A-4FD6-AD92-D4276BCF9B09_1_201_a.webp
    FD8A2C9E-E66A-4FD6-AD92-D4276BCF9B09_1_201_a.webp
    199.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 0BC42BA6-1D2B-4065-83C2-1BFE337A8248_1_201_a.webp
    0BC42BA6-1D2B-4065-83C2-1BFE337A8248_1_201_a.webp
    70.5 KB · Views: 52

375 LBS "Pulling Force", not lifting power. Two different powers involved there.
I probably have a magnet that came out of a large hard drive that would out preform that, and it's surface area 2 sq.in. 1/2 thick

The other is a simple box that the lever moves the magnet to the bottom surface, then retracts it, so item is released.
Pictures on sit is impressive, but the disclaimers are what they are basically saying-it won't do.
Big flat surface to flat surface yup that will lift that amount.
 
Whilst you magnet lifters iron this on out...

I am going to going to flatten out... so...

off like a cherry on a sundae on a roller coaster ride.

C u internet brothers and sisters in the AM.

Have a good night my online friends. :)
 
Apparently New Orleans is completely out of power probably the least of their worries unfortunately.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom