Hey , I'm just sittin here behavin.
Not sure if they (he found a buddy apparently) ran out of ammo and went to buy more , or if they felt my glance from a couple hundred yards when I went out on the deck. Or hit something within walking distance of what they were shooting at and called it good.
A couple other neighbors and I used to shoot a round or two now and then in our yards.
A drunk on that road behind me ( near where this neighbor is)...While drinking was whizzing bullets through the wrong neighbors yard a couple years ago....
I went round with the drunk ,(while he was drinking) over the trail behind my house and his kids tearing it up.
We don't miss him leaving there.
Anyways , when I was on the board of a range I let the neighbors know anytime they wanted to visit let me know. It's easier on my dogs and gives the drunk less encouragement.
Now , when I worked third shift and the neighbor kids across the road thought it was fun to shoot highpowered rifles out the house windows early in the morning...I lit up a stump out front with a few rounds before telling them ( kind of loudly) to knock it off.
Visited them over their stereo too....Invited them over to enjoy listening to it from my bed after getting their attention. Funny , they didn't come over for some reason.
Ahh , youth.