THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

0cd6bfcba741a666ec411d807baae0b3.jpg

Time to call it a night, thanks friends. :hello:

P.S.
Beep, I set the coffee out when I first saw you, then you vanished and coffee was cold so I had to drink it. :coffee2:

good morning. RR thank you for your Dad's service. 9/11 is something we will never forget

morning Mike:hello: how are you doing today

Happy day hopefully.
A friend offered part of a huge collection he bought. He has so much, he offered them for face value.
I'd be a fool to pass.
Screenshot_2019-09-11-09-43-08-1.png
The Whitman tubes are a bonus.
I can get uncirculated rolls from 59-83.
I think ten from each year/mint should keep me busy all winter! :coffee2:

Forgive me, bu have you always had that name? I recognize the banner finds, but not the name. I'm terrible with names.

I did have it for so long I can’t let myself change it! [emoji16]

this is where I've lived and worked most of my life. My grand father took me there early in life like the narrator's story. My family owned a fair share of property here in its early years 1950s. My father was food and beverage manager here for 20+ years. My mother was a dolphin trainer here too. I've never left and have worked for the rich and famous and famously rich that play and live here. I've been entertaining and showing these people the secrets of the islands and ocean for 25 + years now. I work in one of the most secure and most exclusive gated country club communities in the world. It's an incredible place and I love it with all my heart.

I'm doing okay.
How are you doing?

Does anyone have any experience with dementia or Alzheimer's ?

still sweating down here got some rain yesterday

Morning all.First signs of whats on its way... :-\ 002.JPG

Wind here is 20-30 from the north east. The tide is on it's way out and will ebb at 230 pm. The seaweed has been sucked out by dorian and the beaches and shorelines are cutting right now. If I can find a klippe cobb coin from the 1733 fleet I will have all the denominations of silver coinage that was carried by the fleet. a complete set of silvers 1 of each.......got to find a klippe cobb !! I'm off to check !! No water today....its rough. Hopefully I've got some erosion going on over the cache spot !! Maybe mother nature has pulled a couple coins out of this horde of stuff.

Wind here is 20-30 from the north east. The tide is on it's way out and will ebb at 230 pm. The seaweed has been sucked out by dorian and the beaches and shorelines are cutting right now. If I can find a klippe cobb coin from the 1733 fleet I will have all the denominations of silver coinage that was carried by the fleet. a complete set of silvers 1 of each.......got to find a klippe cobb !! I'm off to check !! No water today....its rough. Hopefully I've got some erosion going on over the cache spot !! Maybe mother nature has pulled a couple coins out of this horde of stuff.
Bart,
I don't often pray for treasure, but I am praying that you find one of those coins!

Beautiful place you live Bart :)

======

My way is NO light. just not enough probability of a lucrative find and say you do find one with a defect that increases that face value 1000 x of 1 cent. Just not enough reward. ???
My dad collected coins to help put us through college.
I do have some I have collected, but usually for sentimental reasons or something and definitely not as an investment.

My great uncle had a job polishing coins for the U.S. Treasurury. After he was taught exactly how to do it he was led to a vault which contained 143,000 Morgan dollar coins. He started polishing in 1885, made some progress, was not allowed to enter WWI as his job was too important.
He was quite popular with the Flappers due to his nimble fingers, and married three or four of them. Did you know if you work for the U.S. Treasury you are immune from prosecution for anything? Not that the Flappers minded him marrying a few of them. Flappers were pretty cool.
In 1930 he had an assistant brought on board. He finally finished that vault in 1940. Then he and his assistant started on the next vault. Two weeks later he retired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back