THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to rookster....he is and has been in the ICU, he's on the oxygen, and is battling a case of covid induced pneumonia. He say if everything goes well he could be home by Saturday......his advice was that if us sick people get a hacking bad cough that can't be controlled, to get checked immediately by a doctor and don't wait for it to get out of hand....his wife has just tested positive also and is fairing much better !! So everyone please take a moment to ask whatever power you believe in to help our buddy and shipmate rookster have the extra strength to power through this and make a strong quick recovery.....God bless rookster please !!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I talked to rookster....he is and has been in the ICU, he's on the oxygen, and is battling a case of covid induced pneumonia. He say if everything goes well he could be home by Saturday......his advice was that if us sick people get a hacking bad cough that can't be controlled, to get checked immediately by a doctor and don't wait for it to get out of hand....his wife has just tested positive also and is fairing much better !! So everyone please take a moment to ask whatever power you believe in to help our buddy and shipmate rookster have the extra strength to power through this and make a strong quick recovery.....God bless rookster please !!
Thanks for the update on Rook and his wife Bart, at least it sounds like he's on the mend. :hello2:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bart
Thanks for passing that along. Poor Rook having it go downhill so fast, at least he's on the mend now.
Miss ya Rookster!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart, Thanks for the update and sending good karma his way.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew it.... i knew his not being here had to be sickness related.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WIF, No it was my bank I checked my account on line and the tel number was legit.
Bill just because the phone number was correct doesn't mean it was them.
From banking with the 5 sisters for nearly 5 decades and you probably the same-how many times have they called you?
I receive a call. pops up on the display (local 613) I answer-it's a recorded message of some sorts.
I hang up and call back, somebody answers, and I tell them that their phone number was hacked, and used by a scammer.
They're always thankful, but some bewildered too.
If we receive any financial call, broker, investments acct. manager unless we know them personally, we call them back.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Scam calls ?
Answer the phone .....FBI fraud division, how may I direct your call .:laughing7:
Had one many years back when operating the scrap company. I answered and wasn't hearing what they were saying because of the noise of the shears, processing equipment.
I got the guys to shut it down so I could hear the caller.
It turned out to be some BS solicitation-I lost it on them-calling up every fowl name I could call them, starting from A
Then I hung up.
The service bell rang and I walked up to the front of the building-phone ringing again-I rushed into the office and answered the call.

"You sure have a Potty Mouth" :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Well I laughed and got the nickname from the local coffee joint when ordering my coffee - "Morning Potty Mouth"

I wore it like a badge of honour :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread