THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill just because the phone number was correct doesn't mean it was them.
From banking with the 5 sisters for nearly 5 decades and you probably the same-how many times have they called you?
I receive a call. pops up on the display (local 613) I answer-it's a recorded message of some sorts.
I hang up and call back, somebody answers, and I tell them that their phone number was hacked, and used by a scammer.
They're always thankful, but some bewildered too.
If we receive any financial call, broker, investments acct. manager unless we know them personally, we call them back.
Jim, Well I sent them a secure message internally with the case number, etc....we'll see what kind of response I get.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, Well I sent them a secure message internally with the case number, etc....we'll see what kind of response I get.
It's always good to have a case # Because when I mentioned this to the mrs she said:
OMG! Bill didn't enter his account # did he? He must be smarter than that!

Remember if it goes south the bank will point their finger at you-"Bill Bad"
I would put a flag on all the accounts to do an "authorization process before approval of transaction"

Back in 2013 when I got hacked-the banking manager for our accounts called me personally and asked:
"Jim you wouldn't be out in BC buying antiques right now-would you?"
She had that almost laughing tone to her voice. :laughing7:

The scammer was out of North Bay, that's all that was stated from the bank's security division.

It's always good to put a face behind a name in the banking world. "Way more personal"

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
married.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I talked to rookster....he is and has been in the ICU, he's on the oxygen, and is battling a case of covid induced pneumonia. He say if everything goes well he could be home by Saturday......his advice was that if us sick people get a hacking bad cough that can't be controlled, to get checked immediately by a doctor and don't wait for it to get out of hand....his wife has just tested positive also and is fairing much better !! So everyone please take a moment to ask whatever power you believe in to help our buddy and shipmate rookster have the extra strength to power through this and make a strong quick recovery.....God bless rookster please !!
Thank you for finding out how he is!!!!!! My prayers are with you and your bride @Rookster !

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rookster has clarified a bit....although he has been in a tight spot, he says he's made great strides forward....he is more worried about not being home to help his queen in her own struggle with the virus.....she has just tested positive also.....sending all the positive energy I can towards those 2. My own struggle continues also, seems I have alot more congestion than before, but I'm able to clear it ok, and have felt strong with my breathing, without any problems. Im tiring of being alone, and my mood has been foul toward everyone, and everything. Ive buried myself in a deep deep cleaning of my home....I've stripped the bathroom, and was shocked to realize just how dated and used it really is. After walking through the aftermath of my neighbor and friend bobs house, I made a conscious decision to get rid of all cheap worthless Chinese crap that piles in every drawer. I have made tremendous progress, but find myself bogged down and overwhelmed at the current moment. I may try and sneak out to a beach or 2 and catch some sun and air !! I cannot sit here any longer.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im happy to report the amazing smell and taste of my dark donut shop coffee this morning.....glad I haven't had that little joy in life disrupted by the virus....you see there is always something to be happy about...the simple pleasures in life....like a great cup of coffee !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just posted this in the What is it forum... https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/military-cartridge-box.666066/

Please let me know what you all military experts think. :thumbsup:
Not saying this rifle is related.
In looking for what cartridge the Baden military was using I came across it.
Paper cartridges were in use long before , or at least prerolled rounds to speed up muzzle loading. If my wild guessing is close , your pouch's attendant rifle may have been of the era just before brass cartridges. Not that continued use of the pouch could not have been adapted.

This rifle had the "needle" fire method of ignition. And was a breech loader. Competitive "modern" at the time design that caught the attention of French and German builds to follow. And , led evolution of builds towards the Mauser.....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rookster has clarified a bit....although he has been in a tight spot, he says he's made great strides forward....he is more worried about not being home to help his queen in her own struggle with the virus.....she has just tested positive also.....sending all the positive energy I can towards those 2. My own struggle continues also, seems I have alot more congestion than before, but I'm able to clear it ok, and have felt strong with my breathing, without any problems. Im tiring of being alone, and my mood has been foul toward everyone, and everything. Ive buried myself in a deep deep cleaning of my home....I've stripped the bathroom, and was shocked to realize just how dated and used it really is. After walking through the aftermath of my neighbor and friend bobs house, I made a conscious decision to get rid of all cheap worthless Chinese crap that piles in every drawer. I have made tremendous progress, but find myself bogged down and overwhelmed at the current moment. I may try and sneak out to a beach or 2 and catch some sun and air !! I cannot sit here any longer.
Bart, Heh even if it's just a walk along the beach without detecting it's good for lifting up the spirits.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the update, Bart. I was thinking about the timing compared to MR WD and was hoping he was past the worst. Poor Rookster! I know what he’s been going through and with only the nurses to help. If I wasn’t in there for the Mr, he would have been a mess.

Bart & ARC, and ARC’s lady, the second week is the hardest. I will keep praying for you all and the Rooksters.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good afternoon JVA5th and releventchair.
Beautiful day here, but it’s windy and cold!

Issued By​

Meteorological Service of Canada, CA, Environment Canada

Description​

A prolonged period of very cold wind chills is expected. Hazard: Wind chill values near minus 35. Minimum temperatures between minus 26 and minus 31 degrees Celsius. When: Tonight into Friday morning. Remarks: Wind chill values are expected to moderate through the day today but may drop to near minus 35 tonight into Friday morning once again. ### Extreme cold puts everyone at risk.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh go eat an orange. 🤣
Afternoon John
Lol weather is nice here but come on it's California let me at least have the nice weather nothing else is good here beyond that these days. Oh and regarding the oranges I may do just that have a few orange trees and a fresh orange from the tree sounds great right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread