THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got alot of coins yesterday...possible crusty silvers here....was absolutely swamped by people. Covid or not...it seems that everyone wanted to talk...at times I had groups of 6+ watching me do my thing and pop the coins out. I had a couple from Europe with there kids metal detecting with me. I had several people take pictures with me holding my 1733 pillar dollar and chain !! It was weird !! I felt like a celebrity and several people asked if I knew mel fisher !! No one seemed to give a rats ass about covid, and I repeatedly said I was positive and sick. The Europeans had just recovered from covid and joyfully hung out and metal detected with there kids for about an hour !! Beautiful day on the beach and I stayed from noon till 5.
Glad to hear you're recovering Bart. I also think folks around the world are desperately in need of human interaction, especially since we've all been told to keep our distance from others for the past two years. :icon_scratch: You did the right thing by letting everyone know that you're still sick, but I think people just don't give a crap anymore, we all just want to get back to feeling normal again.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The best all around EVEN HEAT I've ever seen is radiant heat ( thru hot water tubing in the floor).especially a tile floor !:) A Hot air system is either hot when its on, or cold when its off. That big mansion I posted a few days ago has a Radiant heat system IN the floor(copper tubing encased in 12" of cement)....Heat rises ...
It's a neutral heat meaning there's no cold spots. Heat rises and warms everything, so comfortable.
Had it through our previous home on both floors. 18 zones
266E0C22-53F2-44F0-AB36-73A7D664E027.jpeg
0B12C342-26F1-42F6-8309-D02AFAB871B9.jpeg
BA142746-A25A-4FFE-89BA-95C26D91F084.jpeg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So this flooring is then "encased" ? ? ?
So the lower floor was a 10mil vapour barrier/3" SM board/pecks pipe 300' runs so no connectors anywhere/5 inches of concrete/Ditra membrane/porcelain tile
Upper floor sub floor/2 layers of 3/4" tongue and groove plywood/Pecks pipe/4" Gypsum concrete/Ditra membrane/porcelain tile.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.
The inch of snow predicted made it. With more snow....
I was on an Easter egg hunt yesterday for diesel fuel treatment I'd hidden.
At near dark I declined the run to fill the can for the tractor with the fuel gauge not working. Dang it.. Will need to before Mondays snow according to the forecast.

Quiet night. The little alarm dog was relaxed on the bed. L.o.l..

Uncle yes: a diverted stream of water can run a turbine.
Permitting is required for very much ambition but it's (in theory) based on not interfering with the run of a stream/river ect. And not raising the water temp too much.
With the water being returned , folks downstream are not deprived.

As a teen visiting Canada and going well "outback" to fish ; it was interesting the difference in water levels from year to year.

Amount of runoff factored , but reservoir level determines how much water to let run too.

Out back of beyond , but at the mercy of hydro power as far as depth in some places.
One "lake" off a river has boulders you could motor over one year , and had paint and aluminum from other years when keels scraped.

There's an earthen dam near me. Above it a concrete one. And above it , another.
Former 30 miles of rapids. And where natives fanned out when upstream route met rapids tail out thousands of years ago and forward in time.

The earthen was decommissioned. Not sure if put back in use.
I could have had items out of it. A wood chest was the last.
I've fished both sides of it. And it has a good vibe.
The one above it , I don't like driving across. Or standing below!

The old Gal.
Followed by the bigger one above.

Attachments

• Croton-Dam-Muskegon-River-Michigan-470x260.jpg
    Croton-Dam-Muskegon-River-Michigan-470x260.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 12
  • R (3).jpg
    R (3).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 11

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
80 % of arguments all start because someone hasn’t had their coffee yet.
LOL! And if someone is particularly grumpy throw in a splash of Kahlua.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning pirates! ARC, Antiquarian, Bart, Bill, Boatlode, crash bandicoot, JVA5th, Dizzy Digger, Oregon Viking, Pepperj, Msbeep, Releventchair, Rookster, Peyton Manning, RTR, WHADI and all ye other pirates.
Thank you WD hope you have an amazing day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread