THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how you tend to ignore the metaldetecting spots in your own neighborhood......after irma I found all types of treasure in my own neighborhood.....I will reexamine some spots only a block or 2 over from me.....one is a staging spot for hurricane debri, and after irma I found many silvers that had fallen out of a damaged liveaboard boat....my partner got a gold Mexican 50 pesos coin too. I also have some old plantation ruins in my neighborhood 1880s-1920s.....its pretty good stuff, and I rarely go there....time to check it out again !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the lower floor was a 10mil vapour barrier/3" SM board/pecks pipe 300' runs so no connectors anywhere/5 inches of concrete/Ditra membrane/porcelain tile
Upper floor sub floor/2 layers of 3/4" tongue and groove plywood/Pecks pipe/4" Gypsum concrete/Ditra membrane/porcelain tile.
Well then... us Florida Birds arent hip to floor liquids.

***ARC begins to think this is perfect for storage and multiple room usage / consuming of RUM and starts picking out "Tap" location sites in various secret areas of the ship.***

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There's an upside to living in the FL sunshine state. Little worry about regarding to be deep freezing in the winter months.

Attachments

• R (4).jpg
    R (4).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 13

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guys see this thread Jeff of PA posted earlier ? ? ?

Chicken flapper in Germany
Fast zig with a wide zag, repeat.
Covers a lot of ground, but misses as much or more.

So many folks go too fast, or do the weed wacker swing, the coil pointed up like it's a funny car pulling a wheelie, then scratch the doddle wondering why they don't find things.

Just look at the collection of finds from the day-all larger finds-nothing small-reason why?
Probably swinging too fast.
When there's multiple small finds then one is on their game.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how you tend to ignore the metaldetecting spots in your own neighborhood......after irma I found all types of treasure in my own neighborhood.....I will reexamine some spots only a block or 2 over from me.....one is a staging spot for hurricane debri, and after irma I found many silvers that had fallen out of a damaged liveaboard boat....my partner got a gold Mexican 50 pesos coin too. I also have some old plantation ruins in my neighborhood 1880s-1920s.....its pretty good stuff, and I rarely go there....time to check it out again !!
Wow...havnt been in a couple years....tough ground. I found an old sealed pipe.....I found this retrieved cache, the last time I was here....it was still on top of the foundation where I left it years ago. Later I went back and retrieved another empty cache buried at the corner of the foundation....it was a metal box buried in fine gravel 2 feet down....it was empty, and I only found 2 wheat pennies in the hole. Somone had recovered the cache years earlier, and had thrown the empty box back in the hole and covered it back.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart, True about most people ignoring their own neighbourhood. When I started close to 30 years ago at least 2 guys had pounded the local parks and sports fields pretty hard for about 10 years prior to me. I was told by one of them I probably wouldn't find much well about 30 golds rings later, earrings, pendants, silver rings, old coins, buttons, relics and probably $5,000 in clad they must have missed some stuff....lol.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Took and dug the bug out, so me and the Mrs went around the sugar bush trails.
The main purpose of the tour was to go up to the composting area to dump the chicken poo.:laughing7:
Exciting trip to go for a drive to dump crap.
But it was short lived, I forgot to plow the area out. So we went for the mail instead, oh the excitement in hermitsville. :hello2:
Dropped the Mrs off as she didn't want to participate in plowing and dumping.
Well with this lovely cold snap, all that crap was frozen in the 5 gallon containers.:BangHead:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bart, True about most people ignoring their own neighbourhood. When I started close to 30 years ago at least 2 guys had pounded the local parks and sports fields pretty hard for about 10 years prior to me. I was told by one of them I probably wouldn't find much well about 30 golds rings later, earrings, pendants, silver rings, old coins, buttons, relics and probably $5,000 in clad they must have missed some stuff....lol.
It's like the big High Park in Toronto, it just kept on giving.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still believe there are more possible cache locations on this site....it is the remains of a share croppers old home. It was abandoned in the woods for many years, and then one day it burnt in the 90s....I believe these caches were recovered long before it was abandoned and burnt.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had your tetanus shot in the last 10yrs?
Nope....but a few years ago I got very sick from stepping on a rusty nail in the bahamas.....it made me deathly sick and lingered for weeks afterwards.....everyone thought it was tetanus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread