THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin Bart.

I've a very patient and gracious minister for a brother in law.
Knew him when he was a teen and he's always been steady and kind.

Dad got involved with a religious group and I got a concerned call about it.
There was worry they'd extract money from him.

My reply was , does Dad understand what he is doing?
Are the people mean to anyone?
And if Dad is clear minded , who's money is it?

And that I was visiting when an old couple stopped to visit. A carpenter who Dad thought well of and his wife.
Don't know how many times they stopped but Dad enjoyed talking to the guy.
His involvement was brief in my eyes. They built a new facility and it wasn't the same as service held in or attached a restaurant.
Dad being a foodie enjoyed dining after. And never minded a crowd he could sit mostly quietly to await dessert in. L.o.l..

Theology is an interesting study no doubt.
People are a / the church.
But for some , there are or is a place it makes more sense.
For me a cedar swamp/bottom with jackstrawed timbers both old dead dying and green and rejuvenating younger trees in the mix at that time of morning when sunrays are streaking as a new days promise is confirmed.
I've been in cathedrals. Some neat stuff. But natures cathedral is just as impressive when sensed just so.

For someone else it could be rolling on swells and the sound between tinkle and chimes when the hull is underway just right sometimes in a calm spot. Not always duplicable by will, but just as real. Hard to grasp ahold of and not preservable to take to shore and show someone. But why should it be? If it was it wouldn't be uniquely special in it's native place.
Been there for countless generations. But few have heard it. Or felt what is felt in the moments.
You know me well....even though we've never met in person !! The ocean is my church....the motion is my choir...I can here the lords voice in the wind, and feel the warm touch of God in the morning rays of sun. I especially like the sunsets to express my gratitude and graciousness to the higher powers who have blessed me with another day in this world with the ones I love and care for !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, Sorry to hear about your unfortunate youth experiences....At a fairly young age I pretty much made up my mind that I'd deal with the higher being if there is one directly. Cut out the middle men/women in between.

I'll spare people the reasons but that's how I've dealt with it.
I understand completely Bill....no need for any sorrow on my behalf....we are all made up of our life experiences and thats what makes us who we are. I wouldn't trade a thing....those early experiences no matter how tuff they were, helped to shape the person I am now...and I have been blessed abundantly in life !! I needed tough love, discipline, and structure. I still thank the lord for being able to see and understand that my experience in the reformatory was necessary....even when it was fake, abusive, and disgusting. I was able to understand it was not the lords way...I never gave up on God, and im glad. I ask forgiveness everyday for the sins and shame ill live with till I die...if you set out to do another human harm....remember...you might succeed and regret it the rest of your life..worse yet is the realization that the harm you did might have hurt you just as bad.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand completely Bill....no need for any sorrow on my behalf....we are all made up of our life experiences and thats what makes us who we are. I wouldn't trade a thing....those early experiences no matter how tuff they were, helped to shape the person I am now...and I have been blessed abundantly in life !! I needed tough love, discipline, and structure. I still thank the lord for being able to see and understand that my experience in the reformatory was necessary....even when it was fake, abusive, and disgusting. I was able to understand it was not the lords way...I never gave up on God, and im glad. I ask forgiveness everyday for the sins and shame ill live with till I die...if you set out to do another human harm....remember...you might succeed and regret it the rest of your life..worse yet is the realization that the harm you did might have hurt you just as bad.
Bart, Luckily in my case I wasn't abused. Going to a catholic primary school and the local priest tells us pointing to the protestant school across the street that they are going to hell.
Just because of their religion and if we hung around them we'd go to hell also. That's when I made up my mind I didn't want anything to do with a religion that behaved in such a hateful fashion.

I had a few other experiences along the same lines that just reinforced my belief. That why me and the missus got married in a civil service. Maybe the theory of most religions have good intentions, on the downside the hierarchy missuses it unfortunately.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, Luckily in my case I wasn't abused. Going to a catholic primary school and the local priest tells us pointing to the protestant school across the street that they are going to hell.
Just because of their religion and if we hung around them we'd go to hell also. That's when I made up my mind I didn't want anything to do with a religion that behaved in such a hateful fashion.

I had a few other experiences along the same lines that just reinforced my belief. That why me and the missus got married in a civil service. Maybe the theory of most religions have good intentions, on the downside the hierarchy missuses it unfortunately.
What you and RC said,I,ll skip the middle man and go direct to the source, I,m a dawn man myself,love to watch the sun come up on a new day.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
e071adace5fe78babd34b45b63845de1.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very well put bill !! Virtually the same realization I had !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread