THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning pirates! I took yesterday off due to it being the Mr’s 58th birthday and I had a lot to do. Today we will still be celebrating, but with my dad as we watch the Bengals vs. Chiefs. In remembrance of my brother, Bengal Bill, we will be cheering them on.

View attachment 2006677

View attachment 2006678

View attachment 2006679
Well a big Happy Birthday to your Mr man WD.
Great pictures of your brother sorry to hear that he has passed on.
Was he your big or little bro?

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is some killer-cold here ! How did cowboys deal with this on the open-range 150 years ago ???
That is a very good question. Acclimation. What you are used to. I once visited the site where Abe Lincoln's home place was as a boy just outside Decatur, Illinois. It gets bitter cold there in winter. His dad took off to St. Louis one winter and left the 12-year-old Abe to fend for himself. I think he had a younger sister to care for also. Now, how many 12 year olds today could handle that cold winter and take care of themselves? He was acclimated to that life.
The first day I went to work down in Brazil it was 106 F. It was 104-106 F for weeks. By the time I left it had cooled down into the 80s some days and felt cool to me. Acclimation.

Sorry for rambling.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a very good question. Acclimation. What you are used to. I once visited the site where Abe Lincoln's home place was as a boy just outside Decatur, Illinois. It gets bitter cold there in winter. His dad took off to St. Louis one winter and left the 12-year-old Abe to fend for himself. I think he had a younger sister to care for also. Now, how many 12 year olds today could handle that cold winter and take care of themselves? He was acclimated to that life.
The first day I went to work down in Brazil it was 106 F. It was 104-106 F for weeks. By the time I left it had cooled down into the 80s some days and felt cool to me. Acclimation.

Sorry for rambling.
That's so true, one just gets use to the climate. In the fall when it's in the high 30's we all go Burr is cold out today!
Then I remind myself that if we had these temps in Jan/Feb I'd going wow I'm liking this! :headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim another cold one -20c and -30c....that's -5f and -22f for the non believers.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
It's right squeaky out there when we are walking, good traction though.
Going to be a tad slippery when the upcoming heat wave goes through mid week.
The snowfall amounts changes overnight as they were calling for 12" last night.
Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 7.48.59 AM.png

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you have some kind of home heating there .:coffee2: I just got up to turn the heat on in the garage,its 15* outside , burr
Im hibernating with the central heat on....I may go iguana hunting....they should be dropping everywhere. When I got covid I was stuck home and I started really tearing stuff out and working on the house. Yesterday the whole family helped and we brought a whole car load of stuff to my aunts junk shop to sell.....still have a lot of work to do today..... im throwing out a tremendous amount of cheap Chinese crap.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really got to witness the old adage "can't teach an old dog new tricks" my wife was a mess and really upset most of the day yesterday. It was so difficult for her to let go of what essentially is cheap junk....I know she was emotionally destroyed, and physically drained from yesterday's work.

Now on the other hand my 9 year old son was a champion...he was very realistic with himself, and us working together in his room were able to make quick decisions and let go of a tremendous amount of old toys and clothes. Being young and never having done this deep clean out before, allowed him to really learn how to do this, and really get it right and let it all go if its not getting used....im really proud of how hard he worked !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC