THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I own all the fine glass, antiques, and yes figurines....including 2 porcelain cats...they are valuable collector pieces, that i may sell to generate investing money. We got a bunch of my sons school work and art that was agreed on, into a scrap book to be viewed in the future !! I would never just throw these things out even though I want to...im willing to keep some but not all !! And it will have to be stored and presented in an appropriate way....not piled on the dresser !!.....right ??
Do you mean the 50 T-shirts that I never wear. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bart, Here's a couple of U.S. stocks to give you some nice pocket change. ETF's(Exchange traded funds). XYLD they write covered calls on the S&P500 and QYLD they write coverded calls on the Nasdaq. XYLD currently pays out 9.58% annualized but pay out monthly. QYLD currently pays monthly also at an annualized rate of 11.80%. Just tell the missus not to spend all those fat dividends on replacing those 15 pairs of shoes....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Though I suspect the ceiling of things might be getting close.
What goes up has to come down, and this ride up is kind of scary.
The national debt load is even more scary.
Personal debt loads have been reduced, but the inflation is the elephant in the room.
Something that the BOC is ignoring :dontknow:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I purged my Christmas decorations. I have 6 big boxes to get rid of. A couple boxes are all stuff my grandma gave me. I can’t just take it to good will. I asked my cousins if anyone wants them. It’s a go as soon as we can get together. I can imagine what you have been dealing with with 1600 sq. Ft. We moved from a 1400 sq ft. House. More than once, the Mr was amazed at how much crap I had stuffed in cabinets and closets. Now I have a cabinet for Easter decorations, under stairs storage for Christmas and part of a closet for the Fall holidays. Nothing in the attic. The barn loft, however, is full of his mom’s and my brothers left behind stuff. My mom’s stuff I have incorporated into my decor. I need to have a garage sale. I have a bedroom that I have not been able to get a grip on since my little cuz moved out in 2013. Had too many people die and their crap keeps piling up. Identity stuff that needs shredded. Well, crap. And here I sit, writing. I’m out. Gotta do something now. 🤪

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill...my business advisor...ill be asking advice from time to time from you....a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....I was set to be the next great stock wizard. Im slowly getting tuned up again, and I see blue chips loosing big percentage points latley....ill try to get in with some big losers before they rebound....still wondering where the bottom is in this latest slide....big talk from the experts of a complete crash/reset. Im not so sure where these markets are heading....I do see opportunities to invest in some high level players who are certainly going to rebound. The crypto is far more unstable, and wow have some dropped at the looming war in Ukraine. The NFTs are new, and im just learning and getting a feel for them. Only 2% of investors have gotten involved, so it truly is ground floor stuff to get into.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Though I suspect the ceiling of things might be getting close.
What goes up has to come down, and this ride up is kind of scary.
The national debt load is even more scary.
Personal debt loads have been reduced, but the inflation is the elephant in the room.
Something that the BOC is ignoring :dontknow:
Jim, Both the Federal Reserve and Bank of Canada have signalled that interest rates will be increasing. That's part of the reason I'm investing primarily in ETFs that write covered calls. At least if stocks tank the dividends plus the premiums from the covered calls keep the cash flow coming until the dust settles.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just stuffed a spare suitcase that I don't use with the 50 t-shirts I don't wear!! Dropped off at good will !!
Well there's some that might be used again....a pile that has my name on it-to-do!
Probably get into the cut up cleaning rag mood, then there's the cut up into steps for tying up the tomato plants.
Now there's the sock drawer......:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
The dress shirts-oh I think the hermit will repurpose them to work shirts.
Oh the list is long-maybe a tune title is more fitting. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will you even go outside?
I can remember in /09 if I recall correctly it was Mother's Day when it was warm enough to shed the windbreaker.
Tampa Bay chilly breezes were a drag.
47 outside now... Dogs just ate their scrambled eggs... lets ee how they are gonna act with the cold wind on em...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been taking bags of clothes to the Metro Ministries over the last couple months like 6 garbage bags full... some stuff brand new... everything to suede jackets to shorts that i bought and just did not fit right or whatever but never returned... accumulated over MANY YEARS

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also am "purging" stuff finally... i just started going through wheat pennies :)
Did someone say Wheat's :headbang:
026.JPG
029.JPG
025.JPG
032.JPG

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest: