THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Treasurenet Scallywag Crew.

Flipper says good morning too.

vf_image_489938676_img_1020_680.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, ARC, Pepper and traveller.
I took yesterday off for just about everything. I have been working hard for the past couple of weeks. Even the MR has noticed. So, this week is a play week. I did sweep and mop the kitchen floor yesterday, so I wasn't totally worthless. I worked on pictures in the morning. I really want to post a thread in bottles and glass, I just don't have everything ready, yet. BuckIdgr and I went to the Scuba shop and I bought a long suit. I got to tell ya, guys, I am loving this new hobby! I haven't had the first dive yet, not even the first in-the-pool instruction. Someone please, PLEASE, ask me why I love it so much already!

Today, I am picking up my daughter. She and her hubby presented me with a gift on Father's Day. Yes, that's right, I got a gift. It is awesome. Turns out they were off somewhere and came across a tree that was uprooted and they found this little object. That is the gift. She is going to lead me to this tree today, and we are going to hunt.

Turpo Jar 1.JPG

Turpo Jar 2.JPG

Turpo Jar 3.JPG

Tomorrow, I am going out with @OhioMetalMaven on a permission she has. So sweet of her to invite me! Now, I have a little anxiety. She makes videos, ya know.

Thursday is supposed to be a swim day with the Grandkids.

Yep. Nothing is getting done this week, for sure. Oh, but the garden! I will have to find time for that. It needs weeded. The Mr said it was the best looking garden I have had since we moved here. I owe @bill from lachine for that. He sure did teach me a lot about the gardening thing. I have got radishes coming out of my ears! I need to get the dehydrator out for those. I have got one cherry tomato and two sweet peppers so far. There will be squash ready in a couple days. Oh and lettuce.

Yep, Play week for me!:hello2:

I have some pics to share, so let me get on that.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took yesterday off for just about everything. I have been working hard for the past couple of weeks. Even the MR has noticed. So, this week is a play week. I did sweep and mop the kitchen floor yesterday, so I wasn't totally worthless. I worked on pictures in the morning. I really want to post a thread in bottles and glass, I just don't have everything ready, yet. BuckIdgr and I went to the Scuba shop and I bought a long suit. I got to tell ya, guys, I am loving this new hobby! I haven't had the first dive yet, not even the first in-the-pool instruction. Someone please, PLEASE, ask me why I love it so much already!

Today, I am picking up my daughter. She and her hubby presented me with a gift on Father's Day. Yes, that's right, I got a gift. It is awesome. Turns out they were off somewhere and came across a tree that was uprooted and they found this little object. That is the gift. She is going to lead me to this tree today, and we are going to hunt.

View attachment 2033055

View attachment 2033056

View attachment 2033057

Tomorrow, I am going out with @OhioMetalMaven on a permission she has. So sweet of her to invite me! Now, I have a little anxiety. She makes videos, ya know.

Yep. Nothing is getting done this week, for sure. Oh, but the garden! I will have to find time for that. It needs weeded. The Mr said it was the best looking garden I have had since we moved here. I owe @bill from lachine for that. He sure did teach me a lot about the gardening thing. I have got radishes coming out of my ears! I need to get the dehydrator out for those. I have got one cherry tomato and two sweet peppers so far. There will be squash ready in a couple days. Oh and lettuce.

Sounds like a fun week for you. I wish you the best on garden and hunt this week. By the way, why do you like scuba diving so much?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 2033055

View attachment 2033056

View attachment 2033057

Sounds like a fun time going out detecting with OhioMetalMaven's permission-best of luck to the both of you-hope you get a keeper. (remember to smile for the camera-no pressure now):laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The BuckIdgr's found this Zebra Swallowtail "puddling" on our beach. Zebra swallowtails are our only native U.S. kite swallowtail. I do not know if this is male or female, but the odds are male because :
"Adults seek nectar at a variety of flowers, but the adult proboscis is shorter than those of other swallowtails. Therefore, zebra swallowtails cannot reach the nectar of long tubular flowers (Opler and Krizek 1984). Male swallowtails also obtain moisture and minerals (primarily sodium) from mud, a behavior known as “puddling” (Figure 12) (Cech and Tudor 2005, Minno and Minno 1999, Otis et al. 2006). While puddling is primarily a behavior of males, females have also been observed puddling (Berger and Lederhouse 1985)." ~ https://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/bfly/zebra_swallowtail.htm

Their "host" plant is the paw-paw tree, which we have several of. Some where I once read that the paw-paw is the only native fruit bearing tree in the U. S. or maybe, it was North America. IDK? I can't find it now. This I just learned: it's leaves, twigs and bark have natural insecticides called acetogenins. Because the zebra swallowtail feed on these young leaves, they have trace amounts of acetogenins in them, making them undesirable to eat by birds and other predators.

butterfly 2.JPG

butterfly 3.JPG

butterfly 1.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a fun week for you. I wish you the best on garden and hunt this week. By the way, why do you like scuba diving so much?
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Because we have been given permission to pee in the water and encouraged to fart! I love it! How's that for lady-like?

Laughing Gif - IceGif

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BuckIdgr's found this Zebra Swallowtail "puddling" on our beach. Zebra swallowtails are our only native U.S. kite swallowtail. I do not know if this is male or female, but the odds are male because :
"Adults seek nectar at a variety of flowers, but the adult proboscis is shorter than those of other swallowtails. Therefore, zebra swallowtails cannot reach the nectar of long tubular flowers (Opler and Krizek 1984). Male swallowtails also obtain moisture and minerals (primarily sodium) from mud, a behavior known as “puddling” (Figure 12) (Cech and Tudor 2005, Minno and Minno 1999, Otis et al. 2006). While puddling is primarily a behavior of males, females have also been observed puddling (Berger and Lederhouse 1985)." ~ https://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/bfly/zebra_swallowtail.htm

Their "host" plant is the paw-paw tree, which we have several of. Some where I once read that the paw-paw is the only native fruit bearing tree in the U. S. or maybe, it was North America. IDK? I can't find it now. This I just learned: it's leaves, twigs and bark have natural insecticides called acetogenins. Because the zebra swallowtail feed on these young leaves, they have trace amounts of acetogenins in them, making them undesirable to eat by birds and other predators.

View attachment 2033061

View attachment 2033062

View attachment 2033060

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it seems that your ointment jar has has some heat. Cool look to it though. Here's some info on it.
yes, my guess it was an old burn/trash pile. But worth a look. Thanks for the reference, pepper. I actually found a blog from one of the descendants . Kinda cool. I forgot to bookmark it though.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I could quite possibly have 9 out of 10 on this property. I just haven't identified them yet. Good to know, thank you.

blueberries, cranberries, and persimmons, I had no idea and will be looking for. I planted serviceberries and elderberries, but , I may have already had them. I just don't know what to look for. raspberries, blackberries, wild grapes , I very seldom beat the birds to harvest.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Because we have been given permission to pee in the water and encouraged to fart! I love it! How's that for lady-like?

Laughing Gif - IceGif
Maybe Bart/Arc or yourself WD can address this query:

If a pirate farts in the wet suit-does it change the bouncy of the diver?

So do they need to add a few fart weights when diving?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread