THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
1681559744609.jpeg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Just keep one eye and ear out and you should be fine.

If the Mr. thinks fox, we'll go fox. Vs. coyote. Fox are not bad neighbors.
Just stay out of arms reach , just in case.
Thier young are fun to watch.

Coyote I dislike.
Shouldn't , but I do. Between deer fawns and our small dogs , I'd just as soon not have coyotes.

Skunk don't spray just because you're around. They seem to spend it wisely. And often threaten first. You see them "dancing" with hind legs and tail up , get away!
Owls eat them. Some do anyways. Horned owls maybe.
Not unusual to smell skunk eventually if a group is around. You'll see digging for grubs in lawn type areas too.
A road hit now and then if they are up in numbers.
We have had skunks in that area before that we seen. Always get a whiff of them there every year. Babies are so stinking cute! 🦨 I didn’t know that owls ate them. I don’t have a sharp eye for spying owls. Oh we’ve picked them out occasionally over the years, and I know they have to be out here, just don’t see them.
Foxes are cute, too.
One time, I was straddling a fallen tree, only armed with pinpointer and a couple hand tools. A raccoon came out from under, right by my feet. I’m not sure which of us was scared the most. Lol! I’ve also had mice run out, one over my boot. Yes, that old house site provides homes for many.
Coyotes I have on the back 40. They give me the heebie jeebies. I used to carry bear spray. Ooh! We have a bobcat, too. Been pics on local trail camera and my grandson and I just found prints last week.
Most times I find comfort knowing that they all would just as well avoid me. But my dig spot, I guess I best be cautious. The squirrels and chipmunks don’t like me there, either. They throw things at me!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning, JVA5th. It’s absolutely beautiful along the lakeshore of Lake Erie. I’m going to go out with my Max. I hope you’re able to get out also. 😎
It's been beautiful here in the central valley of California as well. Everything is green and in bloom. Not sure if I'm doing anything probably stuck home once again. Probably get up to more yard work.

Boomboom6986

Apr 16, 2023
THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Due to popular demand... Another Random Chat Thread is born... THE "RCT".

Pull up a comfy chair on the online "Home away from home".

Everyone and anyone is welcomed to join in and become part.

Please abide by the TreasureNet rules.

Most of all... Enjoy.

Attachments

• 16816298199827417094341402918762.jpg
    16816298199827417094341402918762.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 17

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread