THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20230414_083347.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So what I heard, er, I mean read, is that I need you to come down here and do some shovel work. 😉

IF I wanted to remove the residents (I don't).
A couple pieces of carrot by one hole.
A whole egg by another.
A couple pieces of dry cat or dog food by another.
Replace if removed.
Know that mice squirrels chipmunks ect. can be stealing your bait.
You're just trying to condition hole users to nabbing your bait without undue suspicon of a first encounter with it.

Bones fur or feathers near around the entrance could indicate a fox den. But will usually be after pups are old enough to hang around the entrance.

Use same bait that gets taken from your samplings in a live catch trap. Mr. W.D. could build a simple box trap with a drop door. ( Your welcome Mr. W.D.! :laughing7: ).

Skunks in trap get the trap covered with a dark heavy fabric before moving them.
Depending on what's going on , you could have a single resident or multiples.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
IF I wanted to remove the residents (I don't).
A couple pieces of carrot by one hole.
A whole egg by another.
A couple pieces of dry cat or dog food by another.
Replace if removed.
Know that mice squirrels chipmunks ect. can be stealing your bait.
You're just trying to condition hole users to nabbing your bait without undue suspicon of a first encounter with it.

Bones fur or feathers near around the entrance could indicate a fox den. But will usually be after pups are old enough to hang around the entrance.

Use same bait that gets taken from your samplings in a live catch trap. Mr. W.D. could build a simple box trap with a drop door. ( Your welcome Mr. W.D.! :laughing7: ).

Skunks in trap get the trap covered with a dark heavy fabric before moving them.
Depending on what's going on , you could have a single resident or multiples.
That’s a whole lot of work that ain’t going to happen. I’ll just pray I don’t get bit by a rabid raccoon or sprayed by a skunk. I did mention to the powers that be last night that there are a lot of bones and it was Mr B who said foxes. Well they’re gentle little critters aren’t they? 🦊

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s a whole lot of work that ain’t going to happen. I’ll just pray I don’t get bit by a rabid raccoon or sprayed by a skunk. I did mention to the powers that be last night that there are a lot of bones and it was Mr B who said foxes. Well they’re gentle little critters aren’t they? 🦊
Just keep one eye and ear out and you should be fine.

If the Mr. thinks fox, we'll go fox. Vs. coyote. Fox are not bad neighbors.
Just stay out of arms reach , just in case.
Thier young are fun to watch.

Coyote I dislike.
Shouldn't , but I do. Between deer fawns and our small dogs , I'd just as soon not have coyotes.

Skunk don't spray just because you're around. They seem to spend it wisely. And often threaten first. You see them "dancing" with hind legs and tail up , get away!
Owls eat them. Some do anyways. Horned owls maybe.
Not unusual to smell skunk eventually if a group is around. You'll see digging for grubs in lawn type areas too.
A road hit now and then if they are up in numbers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread