THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Small Adventures

Apr 24, 2016
Plymouth
Detector(s) used
One that is good at finding bottle tops.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning everybody
Mornin Evan!

ST1CEqz7fRs_IYUVgTkzjtVU1QUUZwh9grWGZOoaEfQ.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking to be beautiful out here today in California as well good for me because I have yard work I want to do
The front yard is rough.
Smoothing out the snowplowing stone and rocks piles was about finished yesterday after getting the front end loader back on the tractor..
Chunks /piles of moss and sticks and leaves need removed.

Shoulders had enough of raking. But that's todays plan anyways.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The front yard is rough.
Smoothing out the snowplowing stone and rocks piles was about finished yesterday after getting the front end loader back on the tractor..
Chunks /piles of moss and sticks and leaves need removed.

Shoulders had enough of raking. But that's todays plan anyways.
I've got to rebuild several tree rings and rose rings(rain leveled them out), mow lawns, prune back the 10 year old mint plant, and a bunch of other stuff.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Grass just trying to wake up here. Lots of mower deck blades to sharpen soon though. Six at least. Sand and stones and a fearless operator running over everything are kinda hard on them.

Grubbed out the dead stuff from the planting bed and the mint is barely peeking out. It spread quite a bit last year.
I'd chopped some with shovel and tractor bucket when filling the bed by robbing the mound a single plant was in and then turned compost into it. It must have liked it.

Four decent sized debris piles now await getting moved. I'm pretty well dusted , it being so dry.
( I'm on another coffee break. l.o.l..)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well hubby got some smoke bombs out and mr BuckIdgr got his leaf blower and they proceeded to try and smoke whatever out. Seems like the holes are mostly connected. I had caved a couple in so IDK about those. Nothing came running out. I’m hoping that the smell of smoke will keep whatever it is away.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well hubby got some smoke bombs out and mr BuckIdgr got his leaf blower and they proceeded to try and smoke whatever out. Seems like the holes are mostly connected. I had caved a couple in so IDK about those. Nothing came running out. I’m hoping that the smell of smoke will keep whatever it is away.
I'll spare you the whole story of a can of gas and a groundhog and a shotgun and eventually my doing some shovel work.
Groundhog went to the end of an unfinished tunnel and was nosing the (dirt) wall to filter smoke. (?) Or it looked like he was doing so.
If not for the neighbor wanting it gone for the sake of what remained of his garden I'd have left it alone.

Yours look like old works. Used for a reason.
Clean sand placed in front of entrances can give an idea of what's using them. Or game cameras.

Those holes are habitat for denning. Prime real estate at times.
As to smoke keeping tenants away , those pine areas they burn down South to keep the habitat consistent?
It's in those gopher (gopher?) turtle holes/dug dens that some small wildlife takes cover in during burns.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll spare you the whole story of a can of gas and a groundhog and a shotgun and eventually my doing some shovel work.
Groundhog went to the end of an unfinished tunnel and was nosing the (dirt) wall to filter smoke. (?) Or it looked like he was doing so.
If not for the neighbor wanting it gone for the sake of what remained of his garden I'd have left it alone.

Yours look like old works. Used for a reason.
Clean sand placed in front of entrances can give an idea of what's using them. Or game cameras.

Those holes are habitat for denning. Prime real estate at times.
As to smoke keeping tenants away , those pine areas they burn down South to keep the habitat consistent?
It's in those gopher (gopher?) turtle holes/dug dens that some small wildlife takes cover in during burns.
So what I heard, er, I mean read, is that I need you to come down here and do some shovel work. 😉

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well took a walk and noticed what appeared to be two tiny puddles moving almost dried out. Turns out it was 100s of tadpoles. Turn tale and ran home. Grabbed a bucket of water and ran back. Grabbed 100s of tadpoles and saved what I could. Good deed done for today. All in the extra pond now.

Attachments

• 20230413_194327.jpg
    20230413_194327.jpg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 15

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread