THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
And a Good morning is due to the TreasureNet Crew.
Morning Cappy🫡 and all u other sleeping pirates xx the sun is out, the kit is packed so off out for a day swinging!! Now we are trying a completely new never before detected area…😬 not sure if it will be a goody, but if u dont try we will never know! So here is to finding a completely new uncharted village site… 😅… or just a nice field… !!! Enjoy ur Saturday xx 🤗

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Popcorn type of a thing. They should put more
Kernels in the weather machine. View attachment 2086916 View attachment 2086918
It's called weather click bait now.

The results of yesterday's warnings-Nothing, zippo, nada, zero.
I don't think a leave even quivered.
Some hazy cloud-not enough to dull the scorching sun.

Worse part of it, not one drop of rain.
The best thing is it's now 40F cooler outside from the highs of the past few days.
That will make everything a tad happier on life.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have Arlene just west of keywest.....looking like rain.
Well be darned Bart this Arlene is running away from @ARC this time.
This must be a first-usually he's a magnet that attracts the storms.
Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 6.42.55 AM.png

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strong storms yesterday......drove me out of the water....thank god.....worst hunt in many tries !! I got some crusty clad, and it was quiet in this swim hole. Needs freshing up....no one swims here....big mud hole !! Used to be good, but not such a nice swim spot now. Strange how these spots go through cycles....this one was popular, but is in decline. New spots pop up, and I saw a popular old spot that hasn't had much people in the last 4 years.....slam packed with people and boats.....so crowded that it had car traffic backed up for miles, as people slowed down to look at the party. Even caused a huge car accident on US-1 Because of all the rubber neckers !! So ill try it soon too. But these thunder storms were crazy, and could be more today !!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Strong storms yesterday......drove me out of the water....thank god.....worst hunt in many tries !! I got some crusty clad, and it was quiet in this swim hole. Needs freshing up....no one swims here....big mud hole !! Used to be good, but not such a nice swim spot now. Strange how these spots go through cycles....this one was popular, but is in decline. New spots pop up, and I saw a popular old spot that hasn't had much people in the last 4 years.....slam packed with people and boats.....so crowded that it had car traffic backed up for miles, as people slowed down to look at the party. Even caused a huge car accident on US-1 Because of all the rubber neckers !! So ill try it soon too. But these thunder storms were crazy, and could be more today !!
Where Sebastian Inlet and the Indian River merge there is always a huge crowd ( hundreds) of boats on the weekends. Big party spot with shallow water. I bet there is a lot of lost jewelry there as well.

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where Sebastian Inlet and the Indian River merge there is always a huge crowd ( hundreds) of boats on the weekends. Big party spot with shallow water. I bet there is a lot of lost jewelry there as well.
I've been there and thought that would be an awesome spot to MD. Isn't that considered leased areas and off limits though?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if your allowed in the water there?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many spots like this throughout Florida.....each present a separate set of challenges.....many factors for success.....crystal clear water is what keeps me in the extreme tropics !!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been there and thought that would be an awesome spot to MD. Isn't that considered leased areas and off limits though?
It's on the river side and doubtful it is leased. The inlet is man made and didn't exist when the Spanish ships were sailing up & down the coast. No scuba needed, just snorkeling would suffice.

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's on the river side and doubtful it is leased. The inlet is man made and didn't exist when the Spanish ships were sailing up & down the coast. No scuba needed, just snorkeling would suffice.
I would want to be certain. I've heard of people getting in trouble for MDing in the IR.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread