THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well a few days ago I decided to finish the rest of the shop by myself.
It seems that the contractor used me as a test bunny to see if his guys were able to do something on their own without the safety net (himself being there)
In all fairness if I had known I would of been more diligent in supervising the everything-but then it would an unfair test.
Results is there's a meeting in the morning of his employees, and I think that the lead guy is going to get something near his curly's clipped.
When the boss left Thursday night after finishing the aluminum cladding for around the new door he said that there will be a compensation package coming to me for their F U's.
I feel for the guy actually as he's been trying to get this one guy to be the lead for one year now-and the guy still doesn't get it.
Oh well-at least I have a whole lot less stress. I'll finish it all off and mark it up as a life lesson once again.

b1801569a36f48eb.jpeg

Well a few days ago I decided to finish the rest of the shop by myself.
It seems that the contractor used me as a test bunny to see if his guys were able to do something on their own without the safety net (himself being there)
In all fairness if I had known I would of been more diligent in supervising the everything-but then it would an unfair test.
Results is there's a meeting in the morning of his employees, and I think that the lead guy is going to get something near his curly's clipped.
When the boss left Thursday night after finishing the aluminum cladding for around the new door he said that there will be a compensation package coming to me for their F U's.
I feel for the guy actually as he's been trying to get this one guy to be the lead for one year now-and the guy still doesn't get it.
Oh well-at least I have a whole lot less stress. I'll finish it all off and mark it up as a life lesson once again.
It's amazing that we are all still getting schooled in life lessons.......I to learned a valuable lesson on my boat......if you want it done right do it yourself !!

I'm not sure if I would have this breed.
Just too close to the wild.
Sure can slap though.🤣
Turn the sound up.

It's amazing that we are all still getting schooled in life lessons.......I to learned a valuable lesson on my boat......if you want it done right do it yourself !!
Those life lessons 👌
I could swear I learned that one before.....don't understand why I thought differently ??
You and me both.🤣

I could swear I learned that one before.....don't understand why I thought differently ??
I thought i'd give this contractor a try-oh why - now I cry.
We usually get these other two guys-they're like a old married couple-always bitching and complaining but a solid when it comes to the work quality.
The rates the new contractor charged was nearly as high as the old guys less decades of experience.
I could have-and should have just stuck to the tested and true.
The old guys I could of just said there's the material-the building and the job would of been done without a glitch.

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

That reflection in the mirror needs a talking to soon once again.

Good morning everyone. Off to Six Flags Animal Kingdom. Theme park aren't really my thing. But my brother wants me to go and it's his birthday so I will reluctantly drag myself there. Lol

Ill bet he got that cat for one reason.
The pet store was all out of wolverines.😊
If it's the feline I'm thinking of they're only a few generations being domesticated.
There's a similar one that the owner said 3 generations. I have a feeling that it would take it's dinner regardless. 🤣

Mornin all.

After the lesson taking so long to get the 48 tractor running after last spring , I covered the exhaust stack to keep water out of the engine.

So when I went to move it yesterday to build a big firepit , "gurgle gurgle." And I still don't have it running.
Fouled half the plugs I guess.
The 53 just barely started. Moved the boat with it andran it a bit more. It's not too happy. Something a bit boggy.
Need to call about an outbuilding estimate this week.
Last time I was looking during covid , companies we re to busy or not interested.
Might be time to start selling stuff not getting used much too!

Neighbor came over yesterday and handed mean auction flyers for his Mother in laws place.
Multiple tractors.
Including one I asked about while there years ago.
( I should not attend or phone in bids.)
Neighbor is over there today trying to get stuff ready. Including one tractor they moved , parked , and it won't start now! Ha ha. (It's what we do .)
Let's see if I can find a picture similar to the one I like over there.
It's been sitting in the yard for a few years. Was looking real nice when I saw it back when. A good fresh paint job back then.

Picture yesterday showed an intake stack with a breather cap on it. Exhaust didn't show so likely not vertical.
Not a brand I've owned or ran.
The Pony like my Cubs and a couple small Deeres were to replace horse/mule power on small farms. Following WW2 the relacing draft animals started for those who could afford it.
Cub (Mcormick Deering Farmall, International line) the dealer would have a checklist at delivery.
Andinstructions for ownership involved a shelter. Yes a former draft animals stall would often suffice.
And the roof prevent the "gurgle gurgle" of a well earned curse!

Here's a similar pic to the Pony going on the auction block.
There is a reason I left further inquiry out of our conversations back then.
A project with a friend and parked outside the barn after finished and tarped and there it sat .
Friend faded or disappeared and hadn't covered his costs . Till cleared with him no sense in talking money.

R.b38908a4afd25ed13ec81bc550d2dd36

Mornin all.

After the lesson taking so long to get the 48 tractor running after last spring , I covered the exhaust stack to keep water out of the engine.

So when I went to move it yesterday to build a big firepit , "gurgle gurgle." And I still don't have it running.
Fouled half the plugs I guess.
The 53 just barely started. Moved the boat with it andran it a bit more. It's not too happy. Something a bit boggy.
Need to call about an outbuilding estimate this week.
Last time I was looking during covid , companies we re to busy or not interested.
Might be time to start selling stuff not getting used much too!

Neighbor came over yesterday and handed mean auction flyers for his Mother in laws place.
Multiple tractors.
Including one I asked about while there years ago.
( I should not attend or phone in bids.)
Neighbor is over there today trying to get stuff ready. Including one tractor they moved , parked , and it won't start now! Ha ha. (It's what we do .)
Let's see if I can find a picture similar to the one I like over there.
It's been sitting in the yard for a few years. Was looking real nice when I saw it back when. A good fresh paint job back then.

Picture yesterday showed an intake stack with a breather cap on it. Exhaust didn't show so likely not vertical.
Not a brand I've owned or ran.
The Pony like my Cubs and a couple small Deeres were to replace horse/mule power on small farms. Following WW2 the relacing draft animals started for those who could afford it.
Cub (Mcormick Deering Farmall, International line) the dealer would have a checklist at delivery.
Andinstructions for ownership involved a shelter. Yes a former draft animals stall would often suffice.
And the roof prevent the "gurgle gurgle" of a well earned curse!

Here's a similar pic to the Pony going on the auction block.
There is a reason I left further inquiry out of our conversations back then.
A project with a friend and parked outside the barn after finished and tarped and there it sat .
Friend faded or disappeared and hadn't covered his costs . Till cleared with him no sense in talking money.

R.b38908a4afd25ed13ec81bc550d2dd36
Was looking online and saw a sweet 4x4 enclosed cab.
Then I looked at what they're selling for used.

Next lot🤣
Excavator, looked at resale value....🤣🤣

Ok: vintage manure spreader...🫣

Was looking online and saw a sweet 4x4 enclosed cab.
Then I looked at what they're selling for used.

Next lot🤣
Excavator, looked at resale value....🤣🤣

Ok: vintage manure spreader...🫣
I could put down lime with that spreader..

The hours on some I've looked at... Been well used!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions

Back