THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

How's the plot coming along?
Yes lime a spreader is worth 65-85K new.
Ughh.
Rye failed.
Hard for rye not to succeed. Source/quality/condition of storage and age are suspected. (Feed store open bin sourced.)
Dwarf Essox forage rape germinated and is up a little. Same with Radish.(They were planted each side of rye.)

Brassicas are up. All look small due to little rain.
I seeded brassies into/onto existing live sod of a couple mowed areas. They too need more rain , but exist! Waiting against thier starting blocks for a good rain and gunshot to start the race! l.o.l..

We get rainy spells in fall. Due to that living mulch instead of dry dirt maybe, is why my greens hang in there still, waiting.
I have a bag of inoculated clover in the truck still .
Too expensive to risk not getting watered. That has been the right guess so far too.

Do we know what would happen if I added an irrigation pump and system? Yes , it would rain a lot.
Too late in the year now for digging trench and running motors by the swamp.. I'm letting the deer have a little peace out there.

Last edited:
Ahh these glasses.
Edited some of the messed up stuff.

48 Tractor is firing on at least one of four cylinders.
I don't want to tear it down where it sits to get spark plugs out.
I can reach them with a wrench. But not able to clean out around them before removal. Or offer any oil to help loosen them.( No I don't like oil near them to hold dirt and dust. But stored outdoors means....)
If it starts, Not sure I should drive it up onto the concrete , or shut it off! l.o.l.. Oil is bad again.
Have to throw a small pile of tools and parts off it first.
Ahh well.

Progress.
Pulled plugs. Replaced a couple with rusty laying on the ground spares out of the failed cardboard box in the tarp shed after cleaning them up a little.
Carburetor backfired a couple times and then belched flames. Set fire to the leaves and gas on the ground....
Tractor didn't start.

8eb54730a92d9558.png

Progress.
Pulled plugs. Replaced a couple with rusty laying on the ground spares out of the failed cardboard box in the tarp shed after cleaning them up a little.
Carburetor backfired a couple times and then belched flames. Set fire to the leaves and gas on the ground....
Tractor didn't start.
It sounds like the timing is off a tad.

Using the tractor for a lift platform to work off.
My newly constructed path has powdered clay.
Tractor kept getting closer and closer as I got to the far end.
Didn't rub the wall, but it was crawl to get it away.
20230924_135639.jpg

It sounds like the timing is off a tad.
May be.
It's a tilt the magneto away from engine till it snaps setting I did last.

Thinking about emptying the tank , fuel line and carb tomorrow and adding fresh Recreational fuel. Despite my not smoking quite a while , the fuel isn't very strong for my smell. Not seeing fumes. No whitening of contacted skin ect.
It will burn. Not poof! burn . but burn.

May be.
It's a tilt the magneto away from engine till it snaps setting I did last.

Thinking about emptying the tank , fuel line and carb tomorrow and adding fresh Recreational fuel. Despite my not smoking quite a while , the fuel isn't very strong for my smell. Not seeing fumes. No whitening of contacted skin ect.
It will burn. Not poof! burn . but burn.
Sounds like the same type fuel I had left in my boat....in the end you'll only sleep right after you've gone thru it all.....I have no fears of being stranded at sea now, but I just went ahead and rebuilt the entire fuel system....from tank to injectors!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back