THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

IMG-2636-1.jpg

Got a permission at an old (1940s) apartment complex where they're taking out some of the grass to use less water. Hopefully there's something worth picking there.
Off I go...

Got a permission at an old (1940s) apartment complex where they're taking out some of the grass to use less water. Hopefully there's something worth picking there.
Off I go...
Just be prepared for LOTS of trash. I hunted a very old apartment building once and it was littered with pull tabs and bottle caps everywhere, with lots of other trash to boot.

Just be prepared for LOTS of trash. I hunted a very old apartment building once and it was littered with pull tabs and bottle caps everywhere, with lots of other trash to boot.
They're going to strip the tab/bottle cap layer off for him-just leaving the good targets. _You Thunk? :laughing7:

Worse places to detect:
The grass strips between beach parking lots in FL.
Under the bleachers at a fair grounds
Drive Ins around the speaker stands

Me outting was a failure lol before the lake was there they obviously hunted like hell there. Dug tons of lead bullets and they look to have good age. One wheat penny and nothing of note despite digging everything besides iron tones. Frustrating lol

Me outting was a failure lol before the lake was there they obviously hunted like hell there. Dug tons of lead bullets and they look to have good age. One wheat penny and nothing of note despite digging everything besides iron tones. Frustrating lol
Well you just never know what a site will produce. At least you gave it a good go, and now you know.

Well you just never know what a site will produce. At least you gave it a good go, and now you know.
Found my first one of these huge things

Attachments

• 20231129_144353.jpg
    20231129_144353.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
You did great! Stripping that lawn off gave you a great day recoveries. Congrats!
Thanks Pepper! Surprisingly very little trash too. Can't wait to go back!

Found my first one of these huge things
I used to hand load 45-70 gov't rounds for my Ruger No. 1 rifle and the 375 gr. bullets I used looked just like that.

Agreed, I'm constantly coming up with ideas brainstorming where to hunt that nobody ever hears about because I didn't find anything. But you have to check or you'll always be wondering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back