What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

me in 2060.webp
 
The Astoria–Megler Bridge is a steel cantilever bridge that spans the Columbia River, connecting the towns of Astoria, Oregon and Megler, Washington. It is approximately 4.1 miles (6.6 km) long, making it the longest continuous truss bridge in North America. The bridge was completed in 1966 and was the final segment of U.S. Route 101 to be connected between California and Washington. It was originally a toll bridge, but tolls were removed in 1993. The bridge plays a key role in regional transportation and offers scenic views of the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean.


astoria bridge.webp



bridge 2.webp



bridge 4.webp



bridge 6.webp
 
Last edited:
Good morning all. Raining here again. We’ve had over nine inches in the last couple of weeks. Lots of flooding and road closures. Ive got water in the shop floor to clear out today but fortunately nothing too serious.
 
Mornin all.
Yesterday evolved into a migraine.
Got the dogs suppered then flipped and flopped till 4:30 this morning.
Supposed to be a busy day today.


A piece of toast and coffee and the couch calls from an unearned non drinking hangover.
Neck bones. Was losing feeling in hands again. Too much looking behind on the tractor.
Broken off crown tooth still has the roots. Might be infecting my pea sized brain.

 
Well was happy at first to be one of the 100 where I ordered my XP HF2 coil to have made the cut and get one delivered out. However UPS got the coil close to home then delayed it with no explanation now for days. Tried customer support but got foreign call center garbage that I can't stand that really didn't help. Thinking the morons of UPS lost it. I'm feeling really pissed off as it was one thing I was looking forward to in my lately frustrating and crap fest my life has been lately.
It seems like it's all of them these days. We've had major problems with FedEx, UPS, USPS and even cargo carriers.
A couple years ago I ordered a kayak from Tractor supply. It shipped from Phoenix, went to LA, then to Denver, then to Sacramento, then made it to Sparks (the other half of Reno basically).
I was on the phone trying to get them to let me pick it up at the Sparks location. Nope, no can do!
They then sent it to Salt Lake City, Ogden, Las Vegas and finally delivered it after 24 days of travel.
It was beat to crap and not even wrapped or protected by anything, just sliding around in the trailer.

I called Tractor supply and they refunded my money and told me to keep the kayak.
 
Just got one of those fake toll scam text again. I wonder how they got my number
I get those every day and I don’t even have a car. 🙄 They also want to come inspect my roof and I live in an apartment in a very poor part of town.
 
:coffee2: View attachment 2211670Good morning everyone, have a great weekend.
I remember when my friend and I saw the biggest snake in the chain of lakes where we used to swim. We guessed about 25 feet long. We called DNR and they laughed us off the phone. I bet they aren’t laughing anymore. About 40 years ago now.
 
I remember when my friend and I saw the biggest snake in the chain of lakes where we used to swim. We guessed about 25 feet long. We called DNR and they laughed us off the phone. I bet they aren’t laughing anymore. About 40 years ago now.
Anything after 8ft the respect button/and flee Tigger starts to be implemented. 🤣
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom